Reviews for Legacy of the Rasengan I: Naruto
Crack-jouchan chapter 15 . 1/17
I'd love to see the look on Jiraiya's face when he tries to teach Naruto the Rasengan, except that he already has CREATED the jutsu himself! xD poor Naruto will be so disappointed to learn that it's been tried and done before though D:

I like the Team 7 dynamic! It's much preferrable to canon. Sakura manages to do something awesome, Sasuke and Naruto are getting along, and Naruto is able to flaunt his awesomeness!
Crack-jouchan chapter 5 . 1/17
I can't wait til Naruto shows up all the other assholes and kick their butts! Woohoo! And oh? TWO techniques? Hohoho, so he has one more secret technique eh? This will be interesting!
The Truth chapter 6 . 12/9/2014
Another trash fix that is essentially cannon with different words.

I don't have to read anymore to tell you the rest of this story:

Bell test, d ranks, wave mission, invasion, rest of cannon storyline
Jbthoughtful chapter 37 . 10/25/2014
Yo
Siggimondo chapter 4 . 9/26/2014
I expected something awesome. You exceeded my expectations.
Dante 101 chapter 4 . 9/14/2014
Ah, this chapter was great! One thing I do have in reservation is that why you couldn't show the Shinobi having giant nosebleeds!
Etokaiten chapter 3 . 9/13/2014
Gonna be keeping an eye on this one since it came as a recommendation from another story.
Mr. Dissapointed chapter 17 . 8/29/2014
I like the story, very nicely thought out and planned with a lot of good dialogue, however... a lot of the stuff regarding Naruto and Neji was just waaaay too melodramatic. Honestly, it was kind of painful. The rest of it is fantastic though.
ScbaStv chapter 37 . 8/14/2014
Truly amazing work. I really liked the shift in perspectives during events. It really gave the story a depth that brings the reader into the world you created. I look forward to reading more of your work (especially the sequel) :]
Slim Jim chapter 31 . 7/6/2014
Wow. Kakashi is really being a complete ass-hole isn't he, once again trying to steal one of Naruto's techniques?
Although I have to say that he's just as big of one in canon anyway :P
Sadhaka chapter 37 . 7/2/2014
So I will review this much like I would review a book. This story follows canon pretty closely the changes are the fact that Naruto has a genius for creating his own jutsu's and overall a smarter Naruto. Later on you also get a bloodline that he is able to use.

Good

1: The writing in is fun and engaging there are few grammar or spelling issues so you don't have to worry about that breaking immersion.

2: The dialogue and relationships are easy to understand and it all flows well so you do not have any choppy moments.

3: The actual changes are gradual with no major powerups out of left field well only really two and they both occur later in the story.

Bad

1: Well for the most part the writing is pretty consistant you do have a very fast pace except when in battle. And some chapters are of far less lower quality a more of telling you instead of showing you.

2: Toward the end you can see the author getting tired of the story line and starting to change it up. You get a weird bloodline. A curse mark with no downsides and overall goofiness.

3: A few plot points are lost in the story. Sakura telling Neji about he jutsu. The damage caused by Sasuke at the end. The forgiveness of Sakura while not forgiving Kakashi. The fact of Kakashi never training Sakura or Naruto. Lots of these things are lost in the end and makes the relationships with them feel weird and disconnected. Most of the time it flows but as you look back you can see the open plot points are just left hanging.

Overall
A good story up till the last bit then it falls apart a good bit. You get some things added that come out of left field and very unsatisfying. I found the ending to be well the worse chapter in this story. I felt overall the story was very very good up till the last 3 or so chapters then I could see that the author was done with his original story line and wanted to go in a new direction however it felt and reads tacked on instead of a continuous flow. I would recommend this story to those who are not looking for a Naruto that sticks up for himself and who understand that the ending will not be something you will enjoy.
Sadhaka chapter 36 . 7/2/2014
Worst chapter in this story. I mean lets run this down shall we.

1: He leaves the village with the enemy. Becoming a missing ninja.

2: Causes he teammates to almost get killed does cause them all to be injured and facing life threatening injuries.

3: Leaves himself open to being possessed by the enemy of the village.

4: Uses the power that was sealed off by order of the Hokage. He leaves on purpose to get more of this tainted power.

5: Causes his teammate to be PERMANENTLY injured.

And for punishment he gets...grounded. WTF!

Seriously who was the beta on this? He almost got most of the rescue party killed. He did get one disfigured for life. All for his quest for power and they all just shrug and are like sure no problem we all love you Sasuke. This makes no sense at all.
Reinamy's Cloud chapter 37 . 5/25/2014
This story was unbelievably amazing. I honestly can't put into words how much I enjoyed it. Thanks so much for writing this epic tale and sharing it with us! I can't wait to see what happens in the sequel(s)!
Guest chapter 16 . 5/17/2014
As I am still reading the story, I will say it is quite good. Earlier in the story the story shifted alternated modes randomly. By modes I mean as a reader the story randomly shifted between detached author and and enthusiastic author. It was like you trying to get those parts of the story over with and did not give enough attention. As the story is progressing, so far I find this trend is changing positively. But some parts of the narutos personality is not as well inspired as others. Though completely believeable it still lacks the inspiration omph so to speak. To be more specific the development of rasengan is not well inspired. Simply put when one try building something, one tries using inductive logic instead of deductive. I am sorry if I am not very clear in my thoughts.I find this story so far does not have forced events, which is one very rare thing to find in a fanfic. If you ever decide to write an AU, I believe you will be one of the few good ones.
InflatedChimp chapter 37 . 5/15/2014
Great story I've really enjoyed this and I'm looking forward to reading part 2 :)
4,065 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »