Reviews for Legacy of the Rasengan I: Naruto
Sorasdream chapter 21 . 3/19/2014
I feel that the Kakashi, Sasuke and Sakura in this story are mostly true to the cannon. It's true that Kakashi ignored Naruto for the most part, maybe because of his supposed lack of talent or his inability to let the past go. I felt that his betrayal in this chapter just takes the cake. After all the Minato did for the ungrateful asshole, he couldn't be bothered to help Naruto at all but rather pawn off his hard work creating something original to an self absorbed jackass and soon to be traitor like Sasuke. I felt so horrible for Naruto...Kakashi has been a good for nothing sensei and now he's a good for nothing asshole, honestly not that surprising with how he was demanding to know Naruto's stuff in Wave like it was his business. I can only guess how Naruto will feel when he finds out about how his own father, godfather and his father's former student screwed him over.

Sasuke is an ass, who refuses to see the big picture of where he's heading in the revenge tick he's going off on. He caused so much problems later on in the cannon and refused to see the shady dealings of the counsel that it was pathetic. It seems like he's on the same path in this story, good riddance.

Sakura...wow, what a bitch. If I was Naruto I wouldn't forgive her for that. It was beyond the pale of anything she could have possibly done to hurt Naruto I think by sealing his blood, sweat and tears; and I think she needs a good ass kicking. To bad Naruto is too much a gentleman to give it her. I wonder if Tsunade will still her for a mediocre apprentice if she know that she's stealing people's justus. I know in every fic everyone writes how smart she is, but I think she's honestly stupid. She won't get over the past to see Naruto's cover to see how much of a genius he is. The fact that he's able to create original jutsu's at the genin level is true genius and nothing like the mediocre Sasuke and Neji.

This was a great chapter!
Sorasdream chapter 14 . 3/19/2014
Sounds like Sasuke has once again gotten the curse mark. Question is whether or not he'll be running off to join Orochimaru or not?

great chapter!
Sorasdream chapter 7 . 3/19/2014
Err...I wonder with all Naruto's cool abilities...why he didn't use some of them to sneak into the archives and snatch some ninjutsu scrolls?

I did like how he got one over on Kakashi though!
Sorasdream chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
Sounds interesting so far!
Greyfire34 chapter 37 . 3/6/2014
A great story my only complaints are the lack of naruhina there must be more. And when you kind of do those transitions you use pronouns and I had no idea who you were talking about until several paragraphs in. But other than that, loved the story!
Greyfire34 chapter 6 . 2/28/2014
Wow I never saw how suckish Naruto's life was back then or how well he masked his feelings well done in bringing that out!
Avidreader212 chapter 21 . 2/26/2014
I feel like I'm more mad then Naruto is that is own personal Jutsu was stolen by his own team. All for personal reason. He made it very clear that they are Uzumaki Clan Jutsu I feel like they should be punished somehow. If some one sle manged to steal and share a Hyuga's Jutsu I'm sure they will be punished for it. I feel like there should be some sort of political repercussions for their actions.
justin.jossart chapter 36 . 2/10/2014
Excellent prose, decent grammar/spelling. All in all a 9/10.

A few things... Why is Naruto NOT upset that Sasuke's bid for power cost him an eye? No one has even brought it up. Sure, Kimimaru is the one that took the eye, but overall it was Sasuke who set the events into motion.
E chapter 20 . 12/13/2013
Come on Kakashi bend over let Sasuke use that boom up your a$$. Take it like a bich and like it LOL
Fire Fist Spade chapter 18 . 12/1/2013
Wait, you said that naruto learned two techniques from the forbidden scroll, what was the second?
TheVampireDragon chapter 7 . 11/29/2013
I agree that you're following canon WAY, WAY too closely for my tastes. I've actually been skipping through and only partially reading because it was so boring to read the EXACT same material over again. In fact, halfway through the chapter, I stopped and scrolled down to the bottom, ready to leave you a review that said that it was too boring to read, and followed canon so closely that it wasn't really fanfiction, and backspace out. What changed my mind was that my eyes were caught by the words 'kakashi' and 'underestimated' in the AN. So I scrolled back up, read the rest of the fight, and read all of your AN. So I'm still on, tentatively and skeptically.
Now, for the good things.
I like how early you started in the fic, and how you set the early groundwork for your set pairing. I also like how you got early Naruto right, remembering that he wore that orange vest rather than is jumpsuit.
I'm hoping the rest of the fic will get better from here. I'll leave you a second review when I'm done reading, whether that be in future chapters or at the very end.
Please note, however, that I am NOT trying to flame you. Everything I've said was meant as constructive criticism.
That said, have a good night, and Happy Thanksgiving.
SpiralAK chapter 37 . 11/22/2013
It's a decent story. I liked the new jutsu and the fact that Naruto was willing to create new jutsu instead of hounding Kakashi/Jiraiya for new jutsu.

My problems with the story are that Naruto feels out of character (as in, even though he grows as a ninja and is stronger and more... tactical than in canon, he falls into the same canon-based traps that he shouldn't have). Instead of focusing on Naruto's character growth (which you have, to an extent), you focus more on his jutsu development (for someone creating so many jutsu, he doesn't address his problems in a similar manner - he's far too rash and driven to anger, even more so than in canon).

Additional problems I have include: gratuitous use of Japanese (to the story's detriment - honorifics are... acceptable, but saying "Gomen" instead of Sorry or the ever-present "teme" aren't so great), Neji not having the same degree of character development that he has in canon (the only thing he gains from Naruto kicking his ass is a new rival, instead of a new outlook - Neji's incredibly talented at the Gentle Fist, so he'd probably be able to find solutions to "Kaiten" by himself, or with Hiashi's assistance (which he gains in canon)) and Sasuke's strength matching Naruto's (where it really shouldn't).

Since this story was finished in 2007 (where Naruto's lineage and clan background were revealed), I can overlook your interpretations (even the Fourth's name being Arashi and not Minato, no matter how much it irritates me).

Even with all my problems with the story, I still enjoyed it. It had decent grammar and good fight scenes, but the character development could have been developed more than is present (the only person who truly changes for the better is Sakura, most of the others just find that Naruto is a great rival).
Haitorei chapter 11 . 11/14/2013
ah poor haku
Haitorei chapter 9 . 11/14/2013
nice job sticking with the story! i like it so far!
Haitorei chapter 7 . 11/13/2013