Reviews for Harry Potter and the Rise of the Amphiptere
Adunaphel1 chapter 16 . 5/26
Cool story! Update soon
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 1 . 5/15
Well, I had read your story a couple of years ago, and just came upon it once again, so I thought I'd comment. I really want to mention only two memorable story facts that were just so funny; first, we have Voldemort's hidden compartment within his throne, used to conceal his wireless for whenever he wants to listen to quidditch matches. And secondly, the human blood- latte he drinks. Hehe, both were hilarious ideas.

Other than that, I do not remember exactly what your story was about, but it definitely was a good one. So, you get a thumbs up from me anyway.
Serpentine13 chapter 4 . 4/5
Yep, no subtlety. Harry doesn't seem very aristocratic either, he's becoming crass and brutish. Why would Tonks have any reason to know about the details of George W. Bush's election? Personally, I would think most British wizards wouldn't give 2 Knuts for American muggle politics beyond knowing who the President is. Also, the fact that she, an Auror trainee, mistook the term "disillusion" for it's literary definition and not the spell first seemed like a forced circumstance to me.

I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the romance/sexual plot lines... It feels more fitting that a Harry with this personality be solo, but that's just me. That week's summation of knowledge acquired from the Black's library regarding multiple branches of magic was, to state it simply, disappointing. I don't mean to be harsh, but I feel bluntness gets how I'm feeling across to you.
Serpentine13 chapter 3 . 4/5
Wow. Now I'm depressed. You haven't updated in almost TWO and A HALF YEARS. I suppose it's a vain hope that you will return to finish this story? As unlikely as it is, I'll follow just in case. Super depressing.

Ugh. It feels like there is no subtlety in this plot. Also, I guess I misread the first chapter, since I thought Hermione was disemboweled or mutilated in some way at the Department of Mysteries.
Serpentine13 chapter 2 . 4/5
I like your Star Wars reference and the description of freedom Harry felt, it was almost like I could feel it myself as I read it, props. I always find fun to read about Harry's inheritances for some reason, probably because it sets him even further apart and above the rest; makes him even more special, powerful.

Not sure how I feel about his use of such a reputedly powerful spell as the Killing Curse on his first go. The Severing Charm, Diffindo, would have been just as effective and made more sense since Harry's only ever heard the incantation Avada Kedavra. Though suppose he wouldn't have gotten the "seductive high" from the use of Dark Magic, but the feeling of freedom, of power could have been there and could possibly have been enough to put him on the path to actually learning the Dark Arts instead of, what seems to be, arbitrarily being able to cast them with no need for practice or research. Although, I guess most of this reasoning could be chalked up to Harry's connection with Lord Voldemort, too. So I'm not TOO "butt-hurt" about haha.

Your mention of 3 sea serpents seemed to foreshadow something to me, though I've yet to have a solid theory, just several guesses. It also made me think maybe Harry wouldn't only be utilizing Dark Magic, but dark creatures as well (a Kraken guarding a future horcrux of his own was what entertained my thoughts at the time, but Harry making horcruxes is a bit far ahead right now for me to seriously consider happening).

Looking forward to the next chapter, not sure what you plan for Dumbledore's reaction but it must be severe. I foresee him being quite the nuisance, more so than he was for Tom Riddle even, since he now knows the folly of NOT nipping a problem in the bud before it becomes unmanageable. I just hope Harry doesn't become disbelievingly reckless with his new-found independence.

P.S. Wondering if you've got a "serpentine" idea for an animagus transformation... hopefully. I can hope, right?
Serpentine13 chapter 1 . 4/5
Hmm while I like to read about a ruthless, independent Harry that is open to learning dark magic, these scenes with Vernon beating Harry just didn't seem to fit. I'm assuming Harry was the same as canon before the Department of Mysteries fiasco, so why does Harry have a complete personality shift and coldly commit murder? I can see him killing in a fit of rage or desperation, but the way you described him killing Vernon had a complete lack of emotion to it... This is just my opinion, of course. Also, there was no build-up; I started reading under the impression that Harry was verbally and lightly physically abused (shaken by the collar of his shirt, squeezed painfully hard on the shoulder, maybe smacked in the face once). Instead, I'm introduced to the story via Harry being beaten with bone-breaking force. If this is how Harry grew up, I think he would have been a very different Harry Potter upon entering Hogwarts than in canon. Maybe he is and I just need to read further, which I will. I just felt like explaining my thoughts and impression of the story in the first chapter.

P.S. You killed off Hermione and I didn't even get to witness her passing or the circumstances as it happened?! It feels like this story is going to full of extremities, which right now feel unnecessary if not exaggerated.
PurplePythonShoes chapter 16 . 3/6
Love this story! But why are they still using the meminisse charm on Harry when it's obvious he's already become unstable and developed a Multiple personality disorder? At this point, wouldn't an insane Harry be incredibly dangerous to everyone?
So you think us being hungry is funny do you! We'll see who is laughing when trouble comes to you AT LEAST WE UNDERSTAND ITS MEANING & TERROR
leylinjan chapter 8 . 2/4
Hey :)

Sorry, can't login right now.
Your story is - no doubt - marvellous and you have put some great thought into it. Still, one of my pet peeves is when people use foreign languages incorrectly. It is true that there is a certain flair in using another language in the story to convey deeper meanings, but it looses some of its charm - for me - if the translation isn't that good.
That's why I'm just going to offer you a better translation - native speaker here - for your Krieger-quote. "Wissen Sie, was ein Anführer/Anfuehrer ohne Anhänger/Anhänger ist? Nichts als ein Mensch, der einen Spaziergang macht."
Make no mistake - I LOVE your story. It is definitely one of the better ones here.
This is actually my second time reading it ;)
leylinjan chapter 16 . 2/4
oh no... I remember stopping here last time and feeling exactly the same way. This is a story that REALLY shouldn't have been abandoned...
Still, thank you so much for posting it here and please don't ever take it down, like other authors of abandoned stories are prone to do. I imagine I might very well read it for a third time in a few months or so. I really like this story :)
leylinjan chapter 15 . 2/4
I loved your "Dumbledore wasn't gay yet." sentence. :D
ironhair chapter 16 . 11/25/2014
Fantastic
JohnyS chapter 16 . 11/24/2014
The moron might've thought to mention the exact nature of the curse that was about to be used. And, when he did it, there was no Lord Gaunt. Also, can they not record his memories in a pensieve or something and should he get mad, obliviate everything away and replace it? Or maybe use some kind of dark ritual, similar to creating a horcrux, that will return his mind to its former condition -not perfectly though, the guilt will eat him up.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/30/2014
#toospooky
HufflepuffWoman chapter 16 . 10/8/2014
please update and continue the story.