Reviews for A Sucker Every Minute
Julia R chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Wow! Such AMAZING talent! I can't believe you don't have more reviews! Such a waste when you've written such beautiful work! :(
TrudiRose chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Ah, this was wonderful! I'm Faving it! Excellent descriptions - I could really feel the cold. And just PERFECT characterization of pre-Barnabas Willie. I loved this line: "Now Willie understood that no one had to be poor, including him. Because everything you needed was right at your fingertips. The only way to get what you wanted, Jason said, was to reach out and take it, because no one in this world was going to hand it to you." So totally Willie. And this was very poignant: "Willie figured he was less lonely right now than he had been in his entire life. From experience, he knew it was a hundred times lonelier to be out here knowing that someone knew where you were… and just didn’t care." Very, very nice job! The one tiny quibble I have is that Willie does NOT have a Bronx accent, or any other kind of New York accent. John Karlen himself is from New York, yes, but the accent he puts on for Willie is a Southern accent (admittedly a badly done one, God bless him). Being a New Yorker myself, I'm always confused when stories write Willie as being from New York, 'cause he definitely doesn't sound like it to me. But this is a GREAT one-shot - I really love it!