Reviews for What Goes Around
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
I like the Old Master, the arthritic hip makes him sees so much more vulnerable than Hiko when he is ready to face his deshi with the ougi. After all, as the master notes, this is his second attempt after "that first heartbreaking failure". It seems his dream rather than disturb lets him breath easier. Is that because he knows Miki survives the ougi with his deshi, or is it simply the knowledge that Miki successfully carries the Hiten Mitsurugi banner into another generation? I guess either way he faces his last night serenely. That’s a telling difference. I can’t see Hiko as serene under any circumstances.
Hitokiri Hisao Yukihime chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
I felt I had to read "In Due Time" before I could read and review this. (-grin-)

I enjoyed the way you portrayed the old master.

"The cabin is suffocatingly still, silent, densely black on this night between the last of the waning and the first of the new moon..." This, in mind with the sword's name, and how one master gives mastery to another... A sad turn of phrase, as dreamy as the line after it as if trying to hide its importance. This cycle seems unjust, and I wished sadly for a moment that it could be broken.

Then I smiled to myself, remembering: someone did break the cycle, didn't he?

I liked the warm thoughts the old master had of Miki in the end as well. Wish some of that more open kindness could have been passed on to that particular "baka deshi", but I suppose he turned out well enough anyway.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
That was great.

I've always felt sad about the way the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu was passed on, but your story made it clear that Hiko the 13th's master at least felt no regret. The arthritic hip was a nice touch, a reminder that all he had to look forward to were the aches and pains of old age with no family around him, and Siriusfan's story gave him foreknowledge of what was in store for his deshi, which would further reconcile him to his end.

I liked it very much!
Warg chapter 1 . 5/15/2006

Ah.. Loved this... ideally titled!

Though I can only make sketchy guesses abt the situtations and chars... but i shud kno soon enough -

Great read... Cya
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
PERFECT. i love the idea of "what goes around comes around" it's a wonderful fic and focusing on the finishing technique was brilliant... and the dream sequence:) that just made me happy:D