Reviews for What Moms Do
ValiantArcher chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
What a cute story! My favourite bit had to be Dean covering for all of Sam's mentions of monsters and hunting.

"I'll make a card just for you. I even know what I'm going to draw. A big sunshine, and daisies, and me and you and Mom, and Dad, and our big brown dog, Brownie."

"We don't have a dog, Sam," Dean said in feigned exasperation.

"That's okay, the neighbors don't have a cat named Ghost, neither."

That and the 'Duck and Roll' exchange were both precious and hilarious! Thanks for writing such an enjoyable story.
The North Wyn chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Aww, poor Little Sammy! *hugs him* That was seriously adorable. I loved it. *This* was my absolute favorite part: "Yeah, you know, like if a monster tries to grab you." "He means drop and roll," Dean explained quickly. "In case of fire." Sam looked up at his brother. "That's not what I mean, Dean." "Monsters aren't real, Sammy," Dean raised his eyebrow at his brother. "You know that." Sam's little mouth made a silent O and he squeezed both eyes shut quickly and then opened them again, which was the only version of a wink he could manage, despite Dean's diligent training on the art form. "I forgot that I knew that." So cute! And I love Sam's come-back about the cat. An amazingly cute story! Good job!
TheStylishElf chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Thanks from this Mom for a wonderful, thoughtful, well written and just dang awesome story! I got to read it with my youngest on my lap! Really well done!
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
AW! This was adorable! Little Sammy is too cute and I love the way he compares Dean to a mom! Great job;)
Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
This was a lovely story; it really reached me in more than one way.

Weechesters can convey such wonderful emotions, and the entirety of this one-shot was brilliantly written, from the heart-warming to the humourous.

I absolutely loved these lines:

"We don't have a dog, Sam," Dean said in feigned exasperation.

"That's okay, the neighbors don't have a cat named Ghost, neither."

Thanks for an incredible story. 8)

- Coolest Badguy EVER
Anon and anon chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
That was... heartbreaking. And adorable. Its like a small, angst-tinted ball of warm and fluffy goodness.
Crimson Ivy chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
This story is so sweet! It has two elements that I like a lot – young Dean playing a role of a big brother AND a parent (to Sam) and outsider’s point of view. It is a great mix for me!

I think I will never get tired of stories about Dean’s and Sam’ s childhood...

Thanks for great time! :)
Yellowbulma chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Lovely story very bitter sweet
Death-Muncher chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
This is a really really touching story.

Excellent job.
mousefiction chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
DUDE! I loved Stellaluna when I was a kid. Mainly just because I thought bats were kick a*s back then.

And this was adorable.

Well written and everything. Great job.
Lawdy chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Oh god, this was... I mean, I'm just wordless right now. I actually started crying at one point. This was so beautiful, I really enjoyed reading it. THANK YOU so much!
MirandaRoche chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
I really enjoyed this story. I teach gymnastics, and this summer during camp I was having the kids decorate picture frames and things for father's day since camp ended right before then. So anyway, I found one of my little boys crying by the foam pit and he was upset that he didn't have a dad (I found out later he was one of the casualties of the current war in Iraq). I was a little confused because at first he wouldn't tell me what was wrong, and his older brother came to pick him up and explained it to me. So I had a talk with him that was similar to the teacher and Sam in this story...and he told me that all the things that fathers help out with was what his brother helped out with. This story just really made me smile because it reminded me of the two boys I had the pleasure of meeting this summer.

Anyway, great job with the story and keep up the good work.
kelmar2004 chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
This brought tears to my eyes and put a smile on my face.

Absolutely beautiful. Very well done.
Broken Sexed Up Bloody Kitten chapter 1 . 8/8/2009
Totally loved! It was so sweet! xD
nocens-somnium chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Short review: LOVE FOREVER.

Longer review: This story warmed my grinch-y heart. Honestly. Your version of Sam and Dean are very believable in comparison to present-day Sam and Dean. I think my favourite parts were Sam's 'winking', and the 'Do [mothers] love [their children] more than baseball, and big knives, and Sonny Crockett's car?' Well done. I'm definitely favouriting this.
308 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »