Reviews for Shadow of Kvar
Supermangas92 chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Phewww ! Finish ! Your fic is really long but it's a good point because it's a so good one ! Really I love this kind of fic about Kratos and Lloyd, your one is one of the best of the kind.

Thanks !
kingdomonkey chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
O.O . . . . . . . . i am at a loss of words. well i could say i loved it but i need better words that match how amazing this fic was if you continue your shards of regeneration with the fire kind of passion you showed here you would be the BEST writer that i have ever seen. oh and also i'd like it alot if you read my stories and told me what you think. (the frist chapter i changed and made it better but for some odd reason it won't change when people read it it sucks but when i look on the document it is how i changed it. well o well. my first chapter will suck but i'm typing the second now)anywho enough of my pointless babbling and i hope your day is great!_
Mr.Who2123 chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Okay, you are THE BEST writer on this site. (I envy your talnets of beautiful writing!) I love all your works of art, and this is no exception. The fact that you made the scenes different from the actual game make it SO much better! There were a few grammatical errors such as you should of put "their" instead of "there", but nothing that a perfectionist like me wouldn't see.(I find every little error and try to remember it to tell the writer. I probably forgot a few others. -.-;) I can't wait for shards to get to this part so you can put it together, and stop torturing us with your cliffhangers and evil writing style!

Very best, ever. You are definitely and already on my favorite's list.

~ 2123
lloyd-forever chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Lol Lloyd definetly knows how to get Kratos to do watever he wants :P Hey can I borrow those two dwarven vows for my web site pwease (puppy dog eyes) lol anyway awsmness! :D
GameCubeGirl1 chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
This was...truly an amazing piece of work! I have no objections at all of this being interprated straight into Shards, but of course youll probably have a different version altogether. The part with kratos practically being like a father to them both when the fight was over was so extremely sweet. Trying to force lloyd out of depression was well done too, especially reminding him of Iselia, and that he could go in and not be recognised because of the "beast" that hes become, I just found that very clever, lol. I'm glad you posted this Kasan, it was truly a wonderful insight to the kvar scene, very well done to you :)
Lil-Samuu chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
Not bad for an earlier piece of writing. :) The way you write Kvar you make him seem like, well, pure messed up evil. Once again you've managed to write both darker and lighter moments very well, the horror and humour blend seemlessly. For some reason Colette's comment about why she doesn't like swords amused me and seemed particularly in-character.
Saffire Persian chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Ohh - awesome beyond all belief, Kasan. XD..

You just love to torture us, eh? Still, this whole... section was very exciting.. 17,0 words _ oy. FUn to read through _

I loved it all - this is probably going to be my favorite "chapter" when it comes out for awhile. Lloyd, Kratos, AND Colette._ You have no idea how happy that makes me - and I'm wondering what happened beforehand to get just the three of them there.

Dialogue was spot on, and I quite enjoyed it... and I see you twisted the ending with Kvar around a little... o.0 Which was unexpected, as I guess it was a bit more than a little - as in Collete saves Lloyd from getting fried, then the beans of what are happened about her angelic transformation are revealed to everyone else. o.o Wonder'll how that'll change the storyline.. XD I"m still debating.

Two very, very minor things o.0... that kinda stuck out.

First off, Colette can't exactly "Sleep" at this point and time. So... as cute as her mumblings about puppies and kitties in her sleep, o.0 it wouldn't happen. Granted, you could definitely keep the seen, since she could probably fake sleep, and eavesdrop on Lloyd and Kratos or something. o.o... You just might want to make that clear.

And.. XD As I've said before, she's very, very far past the point of actually being able to cry. o.o Perhaps she would sob and act said and everything, but I don't think her body would be capable of "showing" that kind of emotion via tears. ..xD And she wouldn't be able to "whimper" in real pain either - in distress, yes, but not in direct correlation to physical pain.

With that aside, I loved it, and I'm glad you kept Kratos' thoroughly kick-butt lines: "Feel the pain...of those inferior beings... as you burn in Hell!"

Best Kratos line ever - though this is merely my opinion, that scene was a tad less climatic than in the game, due to the fact that no one - well, Colette - really got hurt, so that emotion there, that "emotional fury" wasn't quite as present, as Colette dodged, which meant she was safe.. and considering they dodge moves all t he time, her getting out of the way, I highly doubt would be able to invoke Kratos' holy rage there. XD...

Of course, that's just me.

Still, awesome beyond awesome, Kasan. And I hope you'll be able to get back to some semblance of your normal routine soon. good luck!
onemoreeternity chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
You've posted this before, haven't you? I'm positive that I've read it before, or maybe that's just spell of deja vu I got...

Whatever, you're an excellent writer, Kasan. You might want to work on your comma placing and spelling here and there, though.

From a fellow writer,

~AW
Sylvia Viridian chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
I...I...wow. Um, reactions, right...

The very first scene. Father against son, with the evil orchestrator watching, until the father can not or will not fight any more, at which point the son stops and refuses to help the evil person, and then gets zapped until his father saves him. Are you a Star Wars fan, or am I just a crazy fangirl? 'Cause when Kvar started zapping, I realized we were back in the Emperor's throne room.

(Kratos, interestingly, is as much Ben as he is Vader. His apprentice betrayed his hopes, and so he taught a new apprentice to take the old one out. On the other hand, he betrayed and was later saved by his son. Two lovely archetypes rolled into one.)

Kvar...There are some things in the world which are unforgivable. ...I...think I might hate him, as a person, which is frightening. Maybe I'm just scared and angry. I don't know. I'm glad he's dead, glad that Kratos killed him, didn't care how much pain he was in as he died...but there's no burning, just a calmness. He's dead, and I'm glad. He didn't deserve to continue living. I wonder if there was something left in him that was glad Kratos killed him, so that he didn't have to live with whatever was left of his soul.

I see what you mean about your Kratos/Lloyd interaction being different. It's surely going to be interesting to see that aftermath in Shards, however the scene plays out there.

Well done.