Reviews for Decrescendo
Brimma chapter 2 . 6/6/2014
Brilliant story from start to finsih.
1fallenangel7 chapter 2 . 8/2/2012
Ohwow! I love your story! Amazing!
woodlandfairykirk chapter 2 . 7/22/2012
really descriptive! you did a good job though for the zoo scene, Joey could have been younger (maybe 7) but seriously I don't care since it was a great story(:
Choco-Bunni chapter 2 . 8/16/2011
i like it
Shadowy Flip Flops of DOOM chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
This is very, VERY good. You completely captured the feel of a young child-not really understanding what is going on, all the imagery...
O Wow chapter 2 . 9/20/2009
Nice, very nice! This was such a good story! *applauds* Thank you for letting me read it! It was really good! :3

P.S.- Try not to us the Lord's name in vain though, okay? :) I know you didn't in this chapter, though. :D
Guest chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
This was GREAT! Good job! Lol, I loved how you put a cockatiel in your story. I have a cockatiel of my own; he's a normal grey male cockatiel, just like the one in your story. :3 Well, anyways, that is amazing work. :)
Lady Dragon010 chapter 2 . 3/11/2008
This is reely good.
Queen of Baboons chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
That was pretty cool.I love Jericho!
Confuzzle333 chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Wow, this is nice. I'm usually not interested in stories like this, but I was bored and decided to give it a go.

You wrote Jerico as a kid really well, and the suspense in some parts was good too. The zoo scene reminded me of when I went to the zoo when I was little. -

All in all, very interesting. This story has inspired me to make a story about Beastboy's past. Expect to see that soon. ;3
Forlorn Melody chapter 2 . 10/22/2006
Nice way of delving into Jericho's past. I liked how you included scenes from the comic books and added some elements from the tv show. Keep it up in your future works.
Garowyn chapter 2 . 8/17/2006
Very well-written! Quite sad, too, but I enjoyed reading this. There aren't enough Jericho stories around. This is going on my favorites.
GDeacur chapter 2 . 7/17/2006
Hey... nice ending. I liked how you fit in the True Master into the story, and how you built up to Jericho's (Joseph's?) choice of name.

What I think you did best was the characterisation of Adeline. Honestly, the way you portrayed her as such a caring and protective mother was top notch. But I've seen quite a few other authors do that - I've seen very few make a mother seem so... interested in her child. THAT was excellent. You both visualized Adeline and brought her to life in stellar form. Congrats.

The part with the extra guitar strings was a nice, hard little bit too. I really thought, "crap, if I were him, I'd be scared!" That's good.

My only highly subjective criticism would be the Zoo scene in chapter one. To be honest, I was getting a little bored of Jericho walking around and looking at animals.

Beyond that, spelling and grammar blah blah proofread beta reader.

Excellent job. Excellent.
GDeacur chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
This is great! This might be my favorite story from you yet - though I'm only half done. I don't know much about the origin of Jericho at all, so I'm really liking this (even if it isn't the "official" story).

I really liked the way you presented Joseph as a sheltered kid and the way you tell the story from his perspective. Wow, is that guy ever innocent and good natured. If it was your goal to get that feeling across, you succeeded grandly.

Now I'll nitpick - you need a beta reader to pick out some typos (Joseph's "moom" was the best). Besides that, though, I'll show you two sentences from early on in the story that share a common possibility for improvement.

“along with an electric chandelier hanging from the ceiling from a chain”

“Except for a brown piano in the middle of the room directly beneath the chandelier, along with a small bench with matching color in front of it"

In the first sentence, you have a from/from thing going. Avoid redundancy, embrace variety. How about "hanging from the ceiling by a chain" instead? It just sounds a little better.

Same in the second sentence, the with/with. Try "accompanied by a small bench with matching color in front of it".

All things together though, this is a really good story. I'll pick up the second part soon enough and give you all round thoughts.
Too Lazy To Log-In chapter 2 . 6/30/2006
Ehehehe! Cool! I wanana see what happens next. Update soon!

-storyteller47

(Oh my gosh, I'm listening to the bestest song right now! It's called "Breath Your Name" by Sixpense None more the Richer. Love it!)

P.S. Your story is awesome right about now so if you don't finish it soon I'll get Vanessa Larco, my goat, to hunt you down and kill you. Oh! I hope that didn't sound too much like a threat! lol. Bibi!