Reviews for Looking For A New Connection
GothikStrawberry chapter 13 . 9/1/2008
You know it's been a while since you've updated and it took me a while to remember what happened up to this point. (Sorry if that sounds rude, I know real life can all to easily get in the way of one's creative work. But I do miss your updates) Don't worry though, it all came back to me while reading this wonderfully written chapter. :)
Author376 chapter 13 . 8/31/2008
I love the subtle layers in this story. From Kitty's slow glances in Piotr's direction, to Gambit and Rogue's never ending emotional dance with one another, to Fury and Logan and the layers of comradery and antipathy that move between them, to the philosophical levels of discussion that move between Frost, Xavier, and Moira it all contains so many levels of plot and counter-plot. Here you can see both the glaring flaws in Charles' plans along with his deepseated belief in their rightness. Yet, through the eyes of others equally wise you see how terribly awry this all can go all because of his good intentions.

Simply, a beautiful story that grows more wonderfully complex with every chapter. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to read it!
Supermorff chapter 12 . 2/29/2008
Woo, two more chapters.

I have to confess that I never was a big fan of the Fantastic Four. I did like the Thing's appearance in this chapter though, and throwing him and Logan together for poker nights is too perfect. I wonder who else they'd invite that would put up with them?

We do get to learn how Rogue got her fancy watch, and it seems to have quite a complicated history. SE... Stark Enterprises? Interesting, if so.

The line "friendly neighborhood mail-carrier" is cute. Especially appropriate to me since I always imagine that Willie Lumpkin looks like Stan Lee (it's the movie's fault).

You wrote FF4 a couple of times. I guess you meant FF or F4.

As soon as they were mentioned, I just knew that Kurt dolls would be called Bamfs! Nice.

You debunked my theories about Emma Frost's attack, but I like being surprised, so that's okay.

I like that Fury appears again, but I did not like the revised history for Captain America, especially the idea that several people went through the process during WW2 and that the Cap on ice was never Rogers. It just seems to invalidate too much of the backstory from 'Operation: Rebirth', and I think that Logan would have been able to tell the difference (from smell if nothing else). Oh well, the backstory has served its purpose now, and Cap's alive and well. Are we going to be seeing more of him?

Curious: why is Janet Van Dyne the Avengers chairperson, rather than, say, Hank Pym?

I'm very much looking forward to your new fic 'Ride'.
GothikStrawberry chapter 12 . 2/17/2008
I bet Captain America's eyes are going to pop out when he sees Logan running around alive and well ... or at least as well as can be expected considering he was part of a government conspiracy to give him metal bones...

Anyhoo GREAT chapter! I can't wait for the next update. :)
Madripoor Rose chapter 12 . 2/17/2008
Ouch. Logan's ticked off. Great chapter.
GothikStrawberry chapter 11 . 12/27/2007
Biyanka is Mystique,right? Or am I getting paranoid? I mean she could be just a regular nice normal girl ... but I still think she's Mystique. :) But I enjoyed seeing the Fantasic 4 and some other familiar faces from the Marvel family ... I have a soft spot for Doug. :) And of course I just loved the Maximoff twins in this chapter ... but I do wonder what Wanda did so she could secure the start up money for her store. Please, tell me she blackmailed Magneto! :)

Anyway another wonderful chapter.:) Keep up the good work!
Supermorff chapter 10 . 7/29/2007
Logan has a CD collection? That's unexpected. Although I think you probably nailed his taste in music, so that's okay. Eclectic. Good word.

Actually, unexpected seems to be the key word for this chapter. For some reason I was expecting it to be about Jean, who doesn't even appear. And a VERY unexpected twist ending. All pretty good.

How old is Julian Keller supposed to be? I thought this story followed No Shelter, and I thought he was much younger then. Maybe not.

There were a few question marks at the end of sentences that weren't questions. Seemed a bit weird to me, but not a big problem.

Anyway, good work on the whole. There are more questions raised that I want answers to. For example: who was Laura talking to outside the dance? And the Matthews trial? As in Duncan Matthews? Was he a defendent or a victim? Looking forward to finding out.

Keep it up.
Luc Star chapter 10 . 7/27/2007
Hey DS, this was a pretty good chapter in my opinion.

Loved the introduction of the "Kinross Fold" (this universe's version of the Hellions I suppose - especially with Emma being their teacher). And I'm really glad that Emma Frost doesn't seem to have started out as the bad guys in this fic. Though, now with her being attacked at the very end, I wonder how this will affect her in the future. Hope she gets better though.

Laura seems to be doing well at the Mansion - her little banter with Logan was nice to see.

Anyways, one of the main reasons I love your fics so much is because of your descriptive approach to writing your stories. I wish I could describe my settings the way you describe yours. Any suggestions on how I could improve upon these would be greatly appreciated. Take care of yourself DS, keep up the great work and update soon.
GothikStrawberry chapter 10 . 7/26/2007
Oh, I hope Emma is goin to be okay. Hold on Emma, Dr. Reyes will save you. She will, right? ... And then God have mercy on who ever did this to her ... but who did this? The Hellfire Club? The FoH?

Question upon questions.

As for the dance ... I loved that you brought in Julien Keller for X23*g* and I really enjoyed the Iceman/Firestar fluff...those two have really grown on me. :)

And I would really like to know more about Kinross Academy ... and how they came to be in Bayville after Moira brought Rahne back home after the Sentinel attack. Or does your Rahne have a different history to her comic counterpart? I suppose it would make sense as what we see from her in Evo doesn't suggest she is as shy as she was in the beginning of the New Mutant stories ... and Evo does mention parents as in plural...mmh...

Anyway another beautifully written chapter! I truly enjoyed reading it. :)
Madripoor Rose chapter 10 . 7/26/2007
Ooh. I hesitate to use the word cute in connection to X-23, but that was just cute! And liked the ending, nice suprise twist introduction of Emma...
Supermorff chapter 9 . 6/20/2007
With Chapters 8 and 9 I'm all caught up. That's pretty sweet. More than that, the story seems to be moving faster as well. Warren's getting pro-active and Jean's powers have progressed (I like the casual-but-detailed references to Legion and the Shadow King - more "unseen" episodes).

I liked the Daredevil reference. As soon as I saw the words "Hell's Kitchen" I was waiting for it. Very good.

Not quite sure yet how I feel about this new habit of prologuing new chapters in the chapter preceding, but I'll stick with it.
Luc Star chapter 9 . 6/8/2007
Hey man, this was another great chapter. Loved the introduction of Alison to your universe. Not to mention the brief cameo made by Daredevil later on. Anyways, I hope whatever Warren is planning works out - though, considering this is the Marvel universe you are playing with, I'm guessing Ali will be in for a world of heartache before her new mission objective is realised. Loved the talk between Jean and Xavier at the end. I really do hope that Professor X doesn't disregard his visions of Jean turning into the Phoenix. Anyways, take care DS, it was great to read more from you again. Update soon.
Supermorff chapter 7 . 5/14/2007
Okay... what to say about chapters 4 through 7?

Let's start with: Squee! Lockheed!

More new characters, some that I recognise and some that I don't. I'm very curious as to whether appointing Emma Frost as a teacher will turn out to be a wise move.

It is a bit of a shame that, for all her claims, X23 never did really take care of herself. Didn't even stand up to Logan, not with any conviction. Don't get me wrong, it works as it is, and I understand why... still, it's a shame. But hey, her later appearance as Firestar's roommate was great. I especially loved the scene when Angelica sees Laura and Logan outside at night, just together in silence. Wonderful.

And speaking of Angelica, her little... thing... with Bobby keeps getting better.

(It seems "later" turned out to be a lot later than I expected. Sorry about that.)
Madripoor Rose chapter 9 . 5/12/2007
Great chapter! I liked the Angel/Dazzler power reveal, and the last paragraph from Prof Xavier about Jean.
GothikStrawberry chapter 9 . 5/12/2007
YAY! You updated! *hugs-darkstorm*

I loved that Warren is trying to put together a campain to put a positive light on mutants ... are you planing to pair him up with Alison? That could be interesting. :)

I'm curious to know who your going to handle the Phoenix ... cosmic powered parasite or multiple personality disorder? Guess I'm going to have to wait and find out.

Anyhoo another wonderfully written chapter!
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »