Reviews for Darkest Sky: Desert's Edge
Sonra chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Wow love your writing as always. apathy I found a bit difficult to write because there is something terrifying about it. To be honest I think you wrote this better than Salvatore did as you put the control in apathy's hands with Artemis caught in it's grasp.
SchattenTanzer chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
Good stuff
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
The emptiness he perceives makes my heart ache.
Tranex chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
Very good story. You really have a way with words. I always wonder about what really goes on in Artemis's head and this seems to sum up the conclusiion I came to also. It's going to be interesting to watch what Idalia's flute does to him in the sellswords series ;) im on book 2.
Nina Walker chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
*sad smile* I've never seen a more beautiful display of desolation. We love these characters because we can feel for them, and there is no better thing than to breathe life into such a man as Artemis Entreri. It's so terribly sad, and it's refreshing in that, most people try for happy endings. I like where you left this, and I think you've proved yet again that you know how to tug on the heartstrings of your readers.
TobyKikami chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
I enjoyed the descriptions, particularly the grey everything, "unusual choice of a tantrum," "expanse of the Fugue Plane," and the final lines. Very grim, evocative, and generally interesting.
Iceheart Firesoul chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
I'm glad the Descent into Darkness series has Entreri finding his way so nicely out of this wasteland. I don't think anyone could knowingly live in such a place for long. I don't know if a certain purple-eyed drow would claim without hesitation that Entreri was born soulless, interestingly enough. Anyway, the imagery in here was very graphic... I still have gray rimming the edges of my vision.
Atoile chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
Yay! A new story to read!

That sounds just like how Salvatore made Entreri sound like when he returned to Calimport. Nice portrayal, once again. His thoughts really seemed appropriate. I like the fight scene as well.

Oh, and I think a spider web trap is very appropriate for Menzoberranzan. I liked that line.

So... I wait for further stories...

(assassins are so cool, don't you agree?)