Reviews for In the Name of the King
Caleigho chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
gut-wrenching, and wonderfully written
Guest chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
Somehow, it seemed more terrible and sad to see the event, especially Atem's sealing, from Seto's POV.
Princess Emji chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
I loved this story, especially the names and the Egyptian. (Language freak here XD) Not completely sure what business the Quenya had in there, but who cares when it was all so awesome. I'm quite impressed by the amout of research you must have cunducted in order to write this.
Well done!
MaraudingSnitch1314 chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Wonderfully written. This entire piece has such a feeling of physical and emotional realism. Your depiction of Atem and Seto's bond is heartbreaking. Great work! :)
Brother Mirtillo chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Well, I don’t know what business Elven has here, and as folks have commented, the erasure of deeds and other such memories in addition to the name does clash with the continuity. That said, it’s still a very good story. You gave some heartfelt attention to each of the characters’ voices, even from Seto’s first words. And it was amusing, the reference to future battles between Seto and Atem. But the centerpiece is the inextricable nature of name and memory - crucial to the Pharaoh’s character and, apparently, to ancient Egyptian culture. All three humans reacted to the idea with all of its significance, but in character too, with one man dutiful, one defiant, and one mocking. Weighty, but not cheesy - a tricky balance to strike, but I think you managed it.

Stories don’t need epic plots to be great. Even a little imagination, a single “what if?”, one integral facet of a culture foreign to our own - that can be enough, but it takes a special writer to explore that to its fullest extent. Regardless of continuity, you’ve found a great topic and carried it well. Bravo!
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
that must be a bitch of a job to do. how did the ishtars remember him enough to write down atem's fight? did isis predict it and make the stone ahead of time?

brittney
FlickerDaCat chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
One day emoticons will be a possibility for reviews and when that day comes I will be able to show you just how entranced and stunned I was when I finished reading this.

There were some incongruences such as how can someone have made the stone tablet if no one can remember any details about the Nameless Pharaoh?

But, it wasn't intolerable and besides at the moment my main focus was how the relationship between Seto and Atem worked. The parallels between ancient and modern times was amusing in some places and saddening in others.

Anyway, I love how someone finally remembered that all pharaohs had more than just one royal name, and that you underlined that it was a really BIG deal to use your name for this kind of spell.

I think I developed a tiny crush on you just for that. 3
nAna chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
i cried. beautiful.
SilverMidnightTears chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Wha... I really like the story... I wish you can make a sequel for this story... Anyway... It's really good fic... .
Velgamidragon chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Oh. my. God... that was frighteningly awesome... Woah...
AVAgrl chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
Oh...this is really good...Dark but absolutely amazing. I was somewhat dkeptical about how your idea of how Atem lost his name-everything but after I got past that, I was impressed. Good job.
bbissocute chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
Wow. One of the most powerful stories I've read in a long time. Wonderful job.

bbissocute
sirensbane chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
This was an amazingly powerful story. I was riveted from beginning to end.
emeralddarkness chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
O, intense. Although... the shadows couldn't have erased everything because Yuugi found his name. Or was Pharaoh's tomb sealed against the magic of the shadows and so the only place that his name was - the only place it /could be/ - protected?

Cool idea, in any case. Nice fic.
Crouching Tiger Hidden Shizuru chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
AS YOU CAN SEE, I AM BORED TO TEARS.

But this is really good. -