Reviews for To My Brothers
planet p chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
I liked it, and, I guess, the best thing that could happen was if they were reunited as a family... as you start to realise how things work in the world and that there *should* be a choice, and, in a lot of instances, there can be, but you always have to think of the cost, sometimes, you do start thinking like that, beyond just the immediate situation you're in, and it's realistic that Emily would want them all to be a family again, someday. And, of course, she'd going to think that when they're all together again that they'll just find a way to make things work out because they all love one another, because they're a *family*, but sometimes it doesn't work that way because people aren't able to lay aside those differences between them, and the differences, more than that, that they feel inside, for instance, that they feel that whilst someone else *knows* what they've been through, they haven't been through it themselves to *feel* what it's really like, and, sometimes, it really hard to just say that's in the past and move on. So, yeah, I do wonder, if they were ever to have gotten back together as a family (which, I know, Kyle died... so obviously they'll never fully be able to be together... the way they'd been hoping all along)... but I wonder how that would have worked out.

An interesting look at Emily as a younger woman and a teenager and her concept of family and how they all fit together as a family though they were apart. (And now I'm wondering when Margaret told her about her brothers and why her father couldn't be with them, or if she was straight with her from the beginning, because, obviously, as we know, Emily does know about her brothers in the series.)
Anastasia Who chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
Aw.. very cute. I wish they could have all been a big happy family. That would have been good. Unfortautely, not all stories have happy endings. Very good little fic.
AJeff chapter 1 . 5/16/2006