Reviews for Shades of Reality
Fenris Jin chapter 1 . 2/14
Beautiful.

It was sad for the depressing undertones. But the full circle was indeed beautiful. :)
kokoronagomu chapter 8 . 4/4/2010
remove spaces:

youtube watch?v7-cV_FapS68

your story reminded me of the above song (sorry, it's in japanese- if you google the following: 生きとし生ける物へ lyrics and click the blue 'translate this' on the first link, you can read the lyrics in english) basically it speaks of the fact that he's so different and comes to the conclusion he's no longer human.

this was touching and heartbreaking. i don't know what's worse: abuse or neglect. at least with abuse, you have bruises and scars to prove it. reminds me of my mum's story when she was a child, abused by an alcoholic father and after his suicide she spent seven years in the 1920's foster system until she escaped by marrying at sixteen. how horrible people can be to the most vulnerable among us.

this was captivating as well as profound and wrenching.

ginny

kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
IrisedLuna chapter 8 . 12/25/2009
Wow. This was touching. I actually read this story a while back, before I had an account.

This fic is what also made me excited to finally watch The Pianist!
Encuentrame chapter 8 . 4/20/2007
It was a good story. Kind of too sad for me but overall I liked it. Nice job.
Breadthless chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
Aww, this is so cute! I love it!
IchikoKitsuneKoumori chapter 8 . 3/30/2007
I'm GLAD they decided to suck it up!

geez that sounded mean.
enchantedsleeper chapter 7 . 1/21/2007
Oh and hey... are you still looking for a beta? If you are, I will beta for you.
enchantedsleeper chapter 8 . 1/21/2007
This fanfic is anything but cliched. It's so original, and I've never read a writing style like it. I loved it all
piwqefjk chapter 8 . 1/21/2007
Great story. I love the ending, and the gradual progression that happens throughout it xD
guardian forever chapter 8 . 1/19/2007
hey, just finished reading this piece of yours and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It's a little unsual in the writing style but it was pretty refreshing considering some of the stories being written in the ruroken universe. It was good to see K&K being written as average, normal(well... whats normal... maybe i should say not stereotyped) people. And I have to admit Im a bit of a sucker for two broken people healing each other :)

thanks for the good read!
luvHaru7 chapter 8 . 1/15/2007
I have homework I need to be doing as I ponder the reason for my watering eyes. I suspect either tiredness or empathy for the story. Possibly both. In any matter, thank you for taking the time to write this. _

P.S. As per the last chapter, it hadn't occured to me that there would be a callus from the way I happen to hold my pencil. Admittedly, I should have realized it after writing so many times to the point of making my knuckle sore. I imagine this would prove me very dense, indeed. Alors... _~
nebulia chapter 8 . 1/13/2007
This was absolutely beautiful, in that sweet, heartbreaking way. I loved it.

*adds to favorites*
Reignashii chapter 8 . 1/13/2007
blinks* O-O its done? aw! XD hahaha those last two chapters were great though - poor kaoru sucks her father didnt say anything - well great story! good luck writing other ones!
Reignashii chapter 6 . 1/9/2007
T-T so sad! poor kenshin! i hope everything will be ok! i think it is realistic and original well somethings have been done but i think its original in its own right hehe and it sounds believable - either way i like it! next chapter please!
Mala Valvah chapter 6 . 1/9/2007
My opinion: Yes. Don't fret. Yes. Yes. Of course. Well, it's not 'simple'... fanfiction. We know it's a fanfic, but I believe I know know what you meant while writing it that way. Update soon!_~\/