Reviews for Contagion
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
A lovely story; I had wondered about the title.
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
amazing
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
Funny, but those of us brought up in the northeast must think it strange not to know of the change of seasons, the beauty of the snow, the glory of the fall colors, etc. It really takes someone that has never been exposed to it, to really appreciate uniqueness of it all. I can imagine yearning for the diversity of the seasons if all I had all year was heat and sand. I hope KahmyAr really does head north some day. :)
Emily chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Sometimes it's hard to forget that not all Haradhrim are evil. Thanks for this.

I hate being in the desert for any extended duration of time, so I can understand Estel's longing for Imladris and KahmyAr's longing too, even though I know that neither of them hate the desert. : )
ThinkingLady-Marethiel chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Pentangle, this is absolutely brilliant. My God, but you write well! Besides the obvious (correct spelling and punctuation! LOL) the character development, and THEMES, no less! (THEMES! In FAN FICTION! Saints be praised! LOL) These are marvelous to behold.

I've said before I enjoy your characterizations, but KahmyAr just jumps right off the page... I could hear him speak, smell the campfire as he and Estel talked.

Thank you so much...
Randa chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Hmm, very interesting. Sequel? _

Randa*
Neko-Cat-Sama chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
I like his little travels. The burning they both feel almost makes me want to go on a little vacation myself.
Sivaroobini Lupin-Black chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
Oh, WOW! The Valar must have guided your hand, this is wonderful! Nienna herself would weep for Estel's sufferings. I understand Estel's wish, nay, fire for adventure. And it passed to KahmyAr. Contagion indeed, mellon-nin! I can completely believe this. True friendship can stretch beyond races... I hope and pray that KahmyAr and Estel will reunite in Imladris ere the end. This was absolutely fabulous, and did my heart more good than a barrel of miruvor. Please continue to bless us with your writings, mellon-nin!

Sivaroobini.
SiriusBlackFan2 chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
Great story, I liked the burning of wanderlust. Hopefully KahmyAr will make it to the north. Keep up the good work.
grumpy123 chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
What a wonderful story, I loved it. Your discription of Aragorn's travels thru Rohan and Gonder, make me want to take up a pack myself. Best of all Aragorn's seeing a camel, and just what kind of tree was that, a palm? KahmyAr trying to uncurl his prize, and catching his burning for seeing other places from Aragorn. Great work.
Jsyringmt.gov chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
Excellent story. I liked how so much of it was description, telling of Aragorn's travels and education (so to speak) beyond Rivendell without having to have dialogue. I also liked the use of "he burned" to link all the pieces. Indeed, it is like a disease or contagion.
Glorfirien chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
I won't ask for a sequel (even though I really really would like to read one0 [hm...does that qualify as asking?] but I will congratulate you heartily!

I can see why you won that contest this is such a wonderful piece.

*chuckles* Maybe Aragorn's "disease" could only be appeased by the infection of another.

I can really see KahmyAr and Elrond getting along over the exasperation Estel causes them. Or the twins not believeing Estel's adventures. Legolas close to suffocating Estel for his foolishness is fairly amusing as well. But who am I to push if you have no inspiration? Only a mere reader. A lowly appreciator of your art...*snickers*.

The descriptions are very vivid and I enjoyed each and every one as I enjoy fine chocolates. With your imagery I very much wish to visit Rohan. And I even considered the South which is insane because I hate the heat!

You, dear Pentangle, are causing a contagion to be spread amongst your readers. If that isn't a sign of your writing prowess then I don't know what is!

Glor-chan!
Estelle Tiniwiel chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
I can tell that this is a very thoughtfully written piece: it is very good and the subtle mixture of emotions and morals is very well balanced. Could we have a sequel where KahmyAr goes to visit Estel and meets Elrond and his (other)sons? I would enjoy seeing the interactions between one wise old man and an even wiser and older elf: the stories they could relate to each other! Their lives are so different and yet byt their kind natures their lives would be rendered very much the same. I would very much like it if you would write a sequel.

Once again you have created a beauiful piece of work: I congratulate you.
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
I really like this story. It got one of my votes at Teitho. It deserved first place.

I love how you tied it all together using the first and last lines of the sotry. It was well-written, as all your stories are, and fit the Teitho theme to perfection (the summary was great). It shows how our lives can affect those we come in contact with far more than we may ever know. Nicely done.
Lauren Hedgehog chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
oh.. I loved it :-) I thought it was very well written and thought the idea was absolutly brillient, and very original :-)