Reviews for The Dopplebeater Defense
origin-of-promise chapter 10 . 1/23/2007
Aww I love this so much! It's beyond beautiful. Can't say how much the second person gets to me.

"The Muggles had already thrown their bright yellow caution tape everywhere, sagging in the rainstorm that had begun on That Night. A mound of candles and flowers had been inartistically arranged beneath an awning made of rubble, protection from the rain. Crumpled sympathy cards and tiny wooden crosses and all for something that never should have happened."

That is one amazing paragraph. Just love the descriptions, the words like "sagging in the rainstorm" and "crumple sympathy cards" and everything. It makes the Muggles sound pathedic and beautiful at the same time.

"He’ll paw at you and cuddle against you with his breath on your neck – you’ll mutter something like, 'Stop it, this feels so wrong when you’re not human,' but he won’t change because he’s never been one to listen to your petty requests."

Haha that part was so reminiscent but it also made me laugh. You have so much talent. Update soon!

Luv,

leafgreen chapter 10 . 1/22/2007
This is ambitious and amazing, and hard to take but so true. This is awesome.
angelofplottwists chapter 10 . 1/22/2007
You are very welcome.

And wow, this chapter hit home. 20/20 hindsight, of course. Poor Remus.
thishasbeenabanadoned chapter 10 . 1/22/2007
This is so beautiful! I almost cried ;_; it's so sad! Very good, very very good.
rekahneko chapter 10 . 1/22/2007
This chapter is so full of emotion. The what-ifs that Remus thinks of really made me smile but of course they were bitter sweet since they never actually happened.

"You dreamed he would come until the day he came, and by then you were almost too hardened to care."

Perfectly wonderful and sad at the same time.
angelofplottwists chapter 9 . 1/18/2007
That...was intense. Left me stunned.
thishasbeenabanadoned chapter 9 . 1/13/2007
This was great as usual, you write so beautifully!

"Into your mind flashed the words: “Luke, I am your father,” quickly pushed away because it was not the time for mugglisms."

hehe, this line made me laugh :D.
rekahneko chapter 9 . 1/13/2007
I really enjoyed this story and look forward to reading the next chapter. I love your writing style!
origin-of-promise chapter 9 . 1/13/2007
Oh, that was very well done. I liked it! Good descriptions of Greyback, even though it was creepy to think of Lupin still in touch with him. And the memory totally pulled me in for some reason.

"And later, in a Muggle hotel room just a mile away from the forbidden child whose third word had been moo’y, you kept nothing to your name but a few photographs you couldn’t bear to see, and a rolled up newspaper of sometime that week that proved your world hand ended. You made paper bars for the window, curled up like a sleeping dog against the wall and imagined a prison cell."

That paragraph just struck me as awesome. Perfect imagery, beautiful style that made me imagine being him. Just great.

Love it! Hope you update soon!

Gimyngsuk chapter 9 . 1/13/2007
Wau, joún iyagi! Nanún dangshini sayonghanún mimyohan yumórúl joahanda. Nanún hyuire gwanhayó jangúl joahanda, gúgósún naui gamgagúl jórúl saenggangnage handa. Dangshinún pogihago dangshinui iyagirúl gyesokamyón andoenda! :)

Gimyóngsuk
xshadowqueenx chapter 4 . 1/10/2007
Wow! great story. I like the subtle humnor you use. I like the halloweem chapter, sort of reminds me of how feel about halloween. Don't give up, keep writing your story!
jazz chapter 2 . 10/23/2006
*review muffin*
jazz chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
i didnt read it cuz it was sad, but i know it rocked because

your the one who could make even my sucky writing sound nice.

(english article thingy)

-i just saved a kitten!
thishasbeenabanadoned chapter 8 . 10/15/2006
This is STILL really excellent, I especially like the last line though I'm not actually sure why. I hope you get over your writers block, if only because I want to read more of this. But really, well done! this is made of awsomeness. angsty awsomeness but awsomeness none the less.
origin-of-promise chapter 8 . 10/15/2006
Wow, awesome. I especially like the "He phrased it like a joke, and spoke it like a prayer." It's very creative. Also, great foreshadowing. I know you're having trouble with this, and that's okay, but it's great anyway. Thought you should know.

Luv,