Reviews for Reunion
MuggleCreator chapter 18 . 1/28/2014
Very, very good. So many links, layered beautifully between the stories...
Westel chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Dear Larner,

It has been a long time - I've been asleep and have only just awakened. Had to review this first chapter before going on to the next, though I'm out of practice. . .

Just beautifully done - so poignantly written, so lovingly scribed. You write Sam and Rosie so well, and you've captured the concern and love of the younger generation as they watch the inevitable chapter approach for their parents.

Wanted to take this opportunity to say hello again, after so long. It's a comfort to know you're still writing. . .
Westel chapter 3 . 10/21/2010
"Undertowers, their smial, was dug into the side of the hill supporting the first of the ancient Elf towers that looked out on the Sundering Sea. The windows and doors faced southeast, giving a wonderful view of the dawn and much of the rest of the village that had sprung up about them. To the north of their village was a fir wood bordered by rhododendrons and blueberry bushes; to the south was the village apple garth where ancient apple trees, planted apparently by the Elves who'd once populated the region, produced wonderful varieties of the fruit none had ever seen elsewhere and which, to this day, still delighted all who ate them. The farms that supported the village were mostly to the east, while the sheep farmers grazed their animals on the hillsides.

She looked at the flowers that bloomed about the smial, and the hint of the kitchen garden near the back of it, here in the shelter of the east side of the hill, and smiled. Already pumpkins and early squashes were forming on the vines, and the nasturtiums and columbine bloomed thickly about the door; while the arbor over the gate was heavily twined with honeysuckle. The formal rose arbor was covered with blooms from the climbing roses; and the clump of cabbage roses that stood by the walk to the stable was a bright pink mass, the leaves barely to be seen."

You have such a wonderful gift of description, Larner. Good to be reading your work again.
Westel chapter 18 . 11/13/2007
I confess I had to skip ahead and read Reunion. You have such an in-depth knowledge of Tolkien's writings, especially the Silmarillion, which I am only now beginning to learn. Your descriptions, characters, and interweaving of The Story and your own, are flawless. I feel such joy and pain when I read your stories, especially Reunion, which thrills my heart like a plucked string. You have a deep empathy for Frodo's plight, and for those who love him yet cannot help. Your story, though melancholy, is streaked with glinting light. In short, exquisite.
Tallis Keeton chapter 18 . 9/29/2006
Ma dear Larner :) I told you once and I will tell it again and again that I adore nearly all of your stories :) You can mixed in one story the material reality and everyday problems with the beauty of some mistic visions. I love your stories for this special mix of normal life and pure misticism of Valinor, Halls of Mandos and Heavens. I've read all your stories as one long novel from the beginning of The King's Commission to the end of The Reunion. Thank you so much for your versions of Frodo, Aragorn and Sam, the real brothers. Your version of Arda's afterlife is my favourite version of it in any kind of fanfic which I've ever read. Thank you so much for Ruvemir. Thank you so much for our one and only Iorhael. :)

Best Wishes for you :)
Morris the Fool chapter 14 . 9/3/2006
This is amazing!
Laurelin chapter 11 . 6/28/2006
Now that was beautiful :D .

Please update soon!

L.
Laurelin chapter 9 . 6/25/2006
You finally updated! Please don't take so long with the next chapter, it's so hard to wait :) .

L.
cutiepie100 chapter 7 . 5/30/2006
This story is very well written. but i'm kinda confused...has Sam found Frodo yet? The Ringbearer...the orignal frodo. the one with bilbo. Haha. sorry that was kinda weird. ANYWAY! i loved the story. your a really good writer. I'm really looking foward to your next update. and cookiefleck is right. it really DOES feel like you're reading tolkien. keep up the good work! can't wait for more!
cookiefleck chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
Just read your latest update and need to once again compliment you on the beauty and sensitivity of your story. Your use of language is extraordinary and I continue to feel as if I am reading Tolkien. Your Sam is everything I see in him. Had a little chuckle at the phrase son-in-love... how adorable and fitting!
cutiepie100 chapter 5 . 5/27/2006
Tihs story just keeps getting better and better. Please write more!
cutiepie100 chapter 4 . 5/25/2006
okay i JUST read your last chapter...now you have no choice BUT to update again. i can't wait til Frodo and Sam see each other again!
cutiepie100 chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
this story is really really good. if i were you i'd update really soon! please hurry and keep writing
cookiefleck chapter 3 . 5/23/2006
Am continuing to love the story. Thanks!
Pharaohess chapter 3 . 5/22/2006
Wonderful. Oh Larner, this story is beautiful! So well written and well thought out; I'm speechless. It is just as it should be, all the characterisation and the style you write in. Tolkien would be proud (bless his soul). I will await the next chapters with great longing. Thank you for writing it!

Valar bless you,