Reviews for On a Dark and Stormy Night
Siera Goddess of the Sea chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
I loved it and hope to see more
Katie Yuy chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
I love it! I wish there was more. You did such a good job keeping them in character! *sighs* I wish there was more! (hint, hint. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge) :)
lady Butterfly chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
while there a couple of times you did get a small bit ofc you still keeped him realed in as seeing as wufei is MY favorite character i know what I'm talking about so i really nice story i just wish you would of written more chapters but i can understand the need to just live it there well done.
aep chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
This is such a great one-shot.

I'm new to the Relena and Wufei pairing concept and find that the more and more I read about them, the more I like them together. Your story further proves my liking their relationship. When Wufei decided to leave the restaurant, I REALLY wanted him to either stay or asked Relena to join him. Somehow, I feel that if Heero really were to leave in the series, that Wufei would take his place. Not necessarily stepping into Heero’s shoes, so to speak, but more so him replacing the void in Relena’s heart, like somewhat implied in your story.

If you are to ever use this one-shot as a prequel, I can definitely see the story developing into a classic! I mean it! I LOVE IT!
Aeris-Eithne chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
This is such a great story! I'm a big fan of romances between Relena and pilots other than Heero, as long as they're as well-written as this. I love how you characterized Wufei; he didn't annoy me one bit! He's actually a character near and dear to my heart, and I hope to write a love story about him as well. Have you written any about Relena and Trowa? That's always a fun pairing. :) To answer the question you posed to me, I do plan on writing more 1xR... I'll reveal the plot of one I'm working on to you via email, if you're interested.
Gundam Wing Lu chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Another great story from you as usual and another one to add to my favorites! I think you nailed Wufei's personality pretty well. They are just so passionate about what they believe that a fight sometimes can't be avoided.
Lady Lydia chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
Nice...Very good details.
Tandy chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
That was great. i do hope you could continue it... Or at least write another fic. There's not enough 5xR fics...

Loved it.

Tandy
agapeNuria chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
I loved this story. And would love it if you wrote more 5xR stories.
Astro chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Thank you, RL, for the dedication. You really are much too kind. (I'm blushing!)

This is a fantastic one shot. Wufei's personality really is hard to capture, because there is a lot of subtlety to him. You portrayed that really well here. I like how you gave him the sense of being a bottle of pent up emotions and passions, and yet he only gives us glimpses that allude to that fact. Relena was also very well represented, a perfect mixture of private pain and public duty. _

Your stories truly communicate with the senses, and give substance to the intangible. It's as though everything is overlaid with hints of deep passion that are just subtle enough to be completely captivating. I'm always glad to hear when my stories give you ideas, but I hope you realize yours are just as much (if not more so) inspiring for me. I hope your muse continues to treat you well. Are you sure you want to keep this fic a one shot? _~
Pureevil230 chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
aww sweet.

maybe you could write a longer 5xR peice...please!
GoldAngel2 chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Another emotive and compelling read..

I am not as familiar with this universe as you or Starlight so I haven't a real handle on the dynamics of the characters to see any other pairing but R/1x (based on what I saw in the manga, Endless Waltz, and what I have of the series) but I can say you captured what I saw in the manga pre-story about Wufei and his wife-I can see him emotionally closed off from everything after losing her.

But based on what I've seen so far, I just don't see Heero up and leaving so abruptly especially after falling into Relena's arms after the ordeal with Dekim and Mariamaia-but once again there may be things in the series I've yet to see and so I am witholding judgment on such. That aside, this remains as all your work a well written story, filled with human emotions that makes the reader experience the character.

This will be one I'll watch as a fan of all your work but it will be one I'll have to aquire a taste for-knowing what a canon purist I am. But I'm also addicted to fine writing and as usual, you are my fix, anime bud.
Airurando chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
That was excellent. How refreshing it is to read such a great work from a genuinely good writer. I'm a hardcore fan of the Relena/Heero pairing, but you really surprised me with Wufei- you managed to keep him IC while giving him substantial feelings for Relena, and it all made perfect sense. Great job!
Ukchana chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Very nice. I think Wufei was indeed, in character, as was Relena. Though the first part where she considered Wufei as someone she had a connection with seemed a bit forced. I think it would work far better to just take that part out and have it be an unusual "meeting" out of no-where.

This is a pairing that I think would work far better than the more common (at least from my perspective) alternate pairing of Relena and Duo. Relena and Duo are not alike in the right ways and aren't different in the right ways either. They always seemed, to me, to be more like good siblings, but not good lovers.

But Relena and Wufei would have the right things in common (justice, honor, doing the right thing) but also some good things to argue and get fiery about (war, fighting, women being weak - tee hee) so they make a good couple in that way.

I think they would really be my favorite alternate couple of all. Both of them are under appreciateed in fanfics as well.

Please, write a sequel. Give us a few more characters to interact with them, though. It's always more fun when a romance is interrupted by trouble-making friends and co-workers and family, lol.

love,

Ukky
Jen23 chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Once again you've got me liking Wufei more and more. This was a very good idea. I enjoyed their talk (& small argument) over dinner and that Wufei realized how special Relena is; that she was willing to give Heero up for him to be happy, even if she really wanted him. It reminds me of that old saying, 'If you love something, set it free...' Anyhow, nice job here. I agree with your other reviewers. It could be quite interesting to see how Relena and Wufei might fall into a relationship with each other. Especially after he confided in her about his wife. Nice touch with the jacket too. And, I must tell you that my favorite line for personal reasons was - "But he didn't need height to be intimidating. His body was convincing enough." Great job.