Reviews for Altruism
Anonymous chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
This is one of the few portraits of Yui that makes her truly fit into the Eva universe, in every sense. She is just as damaged and just as much of a fanatic as Gendo is, and they both seem to blindly leave Shinji in their wakes until they need to turn back to him.

Just one point though, six lines from the end, there shouldn't be an apostrophe in "parents."

I think the most impressive thing about this story is how Fuyutsuki is presented. Without Yui being an idealized person, he seems delusional, misguided, a fanatic seeking desperately for a lionized figure to worship. He becomes lost and helpless when he needs to justify his path. In a way, I can see the Fuyutsuki from EVA2, who put Shinji in a dress and called him "Yui" in this Fuyutsuki. I may be reading too much into that.
Without Reprieve chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Wow, this story is several years old...

I've got to say I love it. I kind of wished you had better seperated the events that took place, but oh well. I'm glad to see such an uncommon take on Yui. She seems just as screwed up as most of the characters on the show are. And you depicted Gendou so wonderfully. My favorite part was towards the end when Shinji was born, and how it was stated that he'd never love him. I just thought it was a powerful line that let the audience know that he's so devoted to Yui that he sees Shinji as a sort of obstacle for his affection to her. It was JUST EPIC...

All in all, one of my favorite fics. Be proud. :3
Nex Noctis chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
I really can't describe the complete and utter love I have for this fic in text - just in the form of a lot of flailing and squeeing.

Seriously, it was just so utterly perfect. I love the bit where Gendo asks Yui to marry him in particular; it just seems so perfect for them both, especially the little detail about him not kneeling.

Thanks for helping me get my fix of this pairing with such a brilliant piece of writing!
one guy chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
I really wanted to read a fanfic with this topic.

I liked the way the characters were shown and how some things were left unsaid. Interesting work :)
Neferius chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
Just doing my usual 'look for something interesting to read cause I'm bored' thing. I'm glad I stopped here though. The way you showed Gendo really reflected him well as we never actually see him happy with Yui just wanting her back. Great work, even if it was more then two thirds of a year ago that this was written.

Read ya Later.
Tro-Tro chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
This is a great one-shot. It was very realistic. I loved it!
Sheo Darren chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
Beautiful. Utterly beautiful.
Mizamour chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Absolutely wonderful characterization! I love this!
TheBladesEnd chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Sadly short, but very powerful. I suppose I'll side with Ezra Pound on my opinions this time. Good work.
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
loved too much, I see what you mean. That's a very interesting description of Yui and Gendo's releationship we don't see much of it in the anime. I especially liked the part where Gendo didn't kneel when he proposed, it sounds just like him.
Despite chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
A different perspective on otherwise stereotyped characters...very cool.
Love chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
I love it, people always show Yui as the normal one who just happens to love Gendo. With this fic you made her just as messed up as Gendo, albeit in a different way.
6StringSamurai13 chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Wow...that was awesome. I could totally see all those little scenes happening to Yui and Gendo. Very true to their personalities and while kinda frightening...it totally works. I love it. The dialogue was awesome. Loved the imagery. Keep up the great work!
A Curious Stranger chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
This is quite the interesting idea. It can only work as a oneshot, but it is still quite appealing.

Most authors have Yui as a loving and caring mother who grew to hate Gendo. You have that, but Yui seems to be a fanatic of sorts. She loves Shinji enough to sacrifice herself and the world. She knows what Gendo will do to try and get her back, but she does not care since Shinji will grow to be someone beyond human comprehension due to her acts. All mothers want to see their children suceed, and to have a son become a god would be amazing in her eyes.

Thanks for sharing this little opinion.
Hououza chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Beautiful story.

An interesting way of showing the relationship between Shinji's parents.

Good luck & best wishes,