Reviews for A Man of His Own
badforever671 chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
awesome story

hope u make more
Anonymous chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
I thought it was Greek tradition to find a male lover, along with a female. But I like it. ) chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
This was a great story. Very well written, and with a good plot. I thoroughly enjoyed it :)
Alex Prosper chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Other than greeks didn't really mind same sex relationships as long as they married and produced offspring, they could have male lovers on the side, everything was AMAZING. Though they did walk out into the hall together carefree- which was the whole point of the story, to overcome their fear of being openly together - this portrays the ancient greek world fairly. And that you atributed their fear majorily to the Alexander's ruthless mother explains it well enough.

It's debated whether that as soon as a man grew his first beard he could not be the "beloved" (the reciever) unless he was to be scorned as feminine. But personally I don't think that since the greeks' customs are gleaned from men's desires and ego and for their indulgence toards them.

You portrayed Alexander's character PERFECTLY! I know because he was my idol since a kid; my fascination with this figure borders on obsession. I LOVE you for this, and the romance between him a Hephaestion is exactly how I imgagined. Your prose is exquistite, well done!
estelle.evenstar72 chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
For a first effort, I honestly could not tell!

That was a brilliant story, very nicely done. Nice descriptions and romantic description between the two.

well done :)

GreenEyedDemonness chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
I think your stroy was beautifully written, and extremely insightful. Not many would have the guts to write about one of the worlds greatest leaders as being gay even though it is common knowledge. Most in my family would flame you for writing about Alexander that way, you see, because we are very distant descendants of his. Funnily enough, being gay seems to run in family. heh
Total Ditcher chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
You know most people don't respect the Authors because they write a story about the romance between two men, but they obvessely don't see how good of a story they are.

I thought this was a good Story.

keep it up.
Cat chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
Lovely story!
EmilyMonica chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
that waz awesome! but u leave a sista hangin!
Isabelle chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Great Job! Some are sticklers for history, but I find a great tale can make some minor discretions forgivable. Please keep writing!
moon71 chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Have no fears! Your story is fresh and delightful. I love the intensity of the passion between Alexander and Hephaestion at both the beginning and the end of your story, and I think they deal with the problems facing them in a realistic way without any unnecessary angst or hysteria. I thought the sudden change in Alexander's mood as he realised his relationship with Hephaestion was public knowledge was so well handled. I'm really surprised to hear you didn't have much grounding in ATG stories because it doesn't show - I think you have a strong grasp on the characters, not just Alexander and Hephaestion but on Queen Olympias as well! I really hope you write more about Alexander very soon! (Incidentally, you don't have to post only movie-based Alexander stories in the Alexander section of FF, mine aren't really movie-based and no-one's complained... at least not yet...)