Reviews for I Thought I Saw
Nadamalki chapter 9 . 3/17
What the heck is this?! One of the most bizarre most captivating stories ever!
Nadamalki chapter 1 . 3/17
"Dean was a hunter in the way that Mozart had been a composer"... that's one of the deepest most accurate descriptions I've ever read or heard of Dean...

Can't wait to read more1
OrionRedde chapter 22 . 7/19/2013
Toddlers are adorable. Especially when they're playing with friendly panthers.
Guest chapter 30 . 7/12/2013
awesome!
Paralelsky chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Honestly, Dean as a melanistic leopard? You hit the nail! It was so in character that right now I can't think of another animal to better represent him no matter how much I try. And this story had so much more: angst, humor, and enough "aww" moments to satisfy a chocolate craving. So yes, it's safe to assume that I love it. Are you perhaps planning a sequel?

Have a beautiful day,

Paralelsky

P.S. After this and "The Scent of You" I keep getting ideas for a crossover between Supernatural and The Sentinel. I mean Dean is halfway there, with his "protect Sammy of all costs" thing so I think he would make a wonderful Sentinel, as for Sam, well he's already psychic, so that really isn't a big stretch. Gah, no more plotbunnies , cause I can barely keep up with the stories I have right no, but I'm willing to give some for adoption. "wink"
Marlowe97 chapter 27 . 10/6/2010
Hey there.

I highly enjoyed this tale and I loved the way you described panther-Dean and how they communicated even with only one of them able to talk.

I had a blast reading your author's notes at the end, the little explanations and anecdotes you brought to light, and yay! for mentioning Pratchett!

One thing, though: I'm a bit sad that you repeatedly deny animals the state of "sentient beings" or saying they have no intelligence. Sure, they aren't booksmart and their instincts are much more developed then human ones, but they have intelligence and most certainly are sentient. I'm not 100% sure about the sea-cucumber, but everything else that moves? Yupp. Sentient. (Intelligence, though, is a bit less present in animal kingdom, so I'd say it's save to keep that to 'higher' animals, mostly mammals and birds.)

Other than that, I agree wholeheartedly to some people#s strange drive to 'help' animals and disregard the outcome of their actions - the European is more or less extinct because of his bigger, meaner cousin from the states.

So, anyway.

Fun read!
whiteted chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Just seen this rec'd on spnstoryfinders and its magnificent, I really enjoyed it. Off to read some of your other works now. Thanks for this.
aelizabeth chapter 30 . 10/16/2009
I've read this story before and had it floating around in my head all week, so with the weekend here, I took the opportunity to reread. It's as entertaining as the first time. Those character beats between Dean and Sam, especially at the end of chapters 17 and 18, are excellent moments that, aside from the incredibly creative core narrative, really make your work great.

I will agree with a previous commenter that you do tend to throw in a bit too much exposition, particularly in terms of 'merely' interesting rather than crucial information, but the overall solidity of what you're doing balances it out. Thank you for writing this!
asdfjkl chapter 30 . 9/16/2009
please, please, please do not use the term 'cali.' it's just wrong. trust me, i'm from california myself and no self-respecting californian EVER says 'cali.'

but yeah. other than that...

you have a tendency to put in too much back story and kind of gloss over the plot itself. don't get me wrong, the other stuff can be interesting, but it's largely irrelevant and it tends to take away from the story.

you've got sam and dean down pat (which honestly, is what really counts xD ), but your other characters tend to be flat.

and you stereotype way too much. way to much.

and i understand you're going for accents and stuff with people, but when it's wrtiten out like that, it tends to make the person who's speaking difficult to understand. and it tends to make them look stupid-whether or not the accent would make them sound like that when spoken.

but yeah, dean as a leopard? totally kick ass! i seriously enjoyed this story. follow-ups where dean turns into a cat again would be greatly appreciated xD
asdfjkl chapter 23 . 9/16/2009
um...on your author's note: scotch is from scotland, not whiskey. that's totally american xD
Von chapter 30 . 10/11/2008
When I got to this chapter, I was really upset because I thought it was the last of an INCOMPLETE story! (You haven't marked it as complete).

This is quite possibly the most relaxing, enjoyable, fresh, engaging FUN fic I've ever read. :D

I love how you kept the possibility of Dean changing back int he future. I adored how he and Sam continued to connect and communicate without words - not just emotions and intentions but full-on conversations!

I also took note of the parts of their relationship that benefited from the change. Dean being physically present for Sam enabling the guy to sleep well for the first time in months. Dean noticing his brother's tendancy to eat lightly, or not at all.

I really hope you plan to continue with this and really REALLY hope that, seeing as this was last updated a year ago, you already HAVE!

(Runs off to check Bio)

Spectacular stuff. Really enjoyable to the max.
ohcEEcho chapter 30 . 7/20/2007
No, it cannot be the end! (cries piteously) Well, this was a wonderful treat after a long, hard week of trekking up and down the canals of Stratford-upon-Avon. I'm so glad you updated! And the finale did not disappoint. It seems weird to have a speaking, and human, Dean back! Thanks a lot for finishing the story; it was well worth the wait!
carocali chapter 30 . 7/16/2007
I LOVE that Dean thought he could do his job better as a panther. Just brilliant! It was quite endearing to see him like that, but what about the Impala? Kudos to Sam for pulling that out of his hat!

Beautiful, interesting story filled with historical facts. I feel like I've learned something from reading fic! Thank you for sharing!

:D

Caroline
Poaetpainter chapter 30 . 7/15/2007
So will Dean still be flip flopping between Panter and Human?

How often if so?
SilverStorm06 chapter 30 . 7/15/2007
Great story! I have a big smile on my face right now. Thanks for writing and sharing it with us! :)