Reviews for Man's Inhumanity
Ronin-ai chapter 6 . 2/6/2012
Overall, a very good story. I really liked the concept, the idea behind it. sort of reminds me both of "unleashed" and "soldier" (more of soldier though...good movie by the way). a few mechanical quibbles as far as spelling errors and the like, but nothing that drew me out of the story. very readable.

I liked your characterizations, particularly the part where Squall was analyzing what was going on around them and over hearing comments about Rinoa and thinking, "this man must die, and his companions must lose thumbs. possibly pinkies.". very cute.

Not real big on crossovers myself though i've read some good ones, and like i said, i like the concept on this one.

What would I have done differently here? well, knowing the way i write, perhaps i would have included a bit more detail for more of a sense of place: Where am i? maybe a bit more struggle as Squall begins to actually learn how to THINK.

Its tough to visualize what someone in Squall's situation would be like, how they would behave, react, respond. You obviously put a good deal of thought into this.

just one minor inconsistency took me out of the story briefly when you described his eyes as "hazel" rather than blue. aside from that it was pretty easy to get into the story.

good job. keep at it, you'll only get better. If you've read all my stories then you know already which ones were my first attempts to write. no matter what you do, the more you do it, the better you get.
gleamfang chapter 6 . 5/23/2011
Very nice fight scene you have there. While it's a little sad that the fight got broken up, I'm happy for the outcome. Squall's a true soldier now! Right on Cloud! This is an excellent set-up for a sequel so hope to see it someday however unlikely that may be!

gleamfang chapter 4 . 5/23/2011
Squall most likely some overly serious security guard or bouncer. Instructor of something is also an idea.

I don't know why but I'm thinking cloud a mechanic or maybe something at the docks.

You got me on Rinoa though... Photography Since she goes on long missions.

I like how Squall is learning fast and how supportive yet honest Tifa can be. Awesome character development!

gleamfang chapter 3 . 5/23/2011
I find it interesting you put them all in something like Avalanche. Oh and that Tifa kicks some serious ass! Nice wrist toss! Cloud is such a joke! I mean that in the best possible way of course. In the scene where He tried to sneak up on Tifa I could really see it happening so thanks for the giggles!

The part about Squall thinking Rin was his mom is a little weird that he talks so lucidly for so long but hey I really liked that he's remembering and being a lamb!

gleamfang chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
Very lovely first chapter and it's very good how you managed to succinctly flesh out the backstory of the respective characters. That whatever part was very well done. Excellent style! Can't wait to read more. Wider what kind of facility that Squall is in. Very Intriguing so far!

MakoRain chapter 2 . 12/14/2006
this is another try at ff8 and i do happen to like this _ the cute little 'wedding' dream sequince was so sweet, gave me the warm fuzzies all over. poor, slow squall...and yay for rinoa telling him how it is _ quite enjoyable
LaniZion chapter 6 . 10/16/2006
Heh. It was an interesting ending to it.
Cerulean Crystal chapter 6 . 10/8/2006
better write the part 2 it's nice. i like it. well down. sad it's over already. anyway great job.
ej chapter 6 . 10/7/2006
great story. I liked the poem at the end to tie it together. I look forward to seeing how cloud and squall do in the fight against the enemy soldiers. I'm still wondering if the world nows about these soldiers or if they're part of some secert group. keep up the great work
Hououza chapter 6 . 10/7/2006
Magnificent chapter.

That final chapter summed it up perfectly, and despite being English I can understand the sentiment of the poem, that some must fight in order to protect the liberty of others. Sometimes good men must commit evil acts that innocent hands might never be stained with blood.

Good luck & best wishes,

r chapter 6 . 10/7/2006
Great chapter, looking forward to the sequel
ChieriAn9eL chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Another great story. I love Squall's mental notes!
Hououza chapter 5 . 8/19/2006
Magnificent story.

My apologies for the compund review but it's 2am and I just finally got round to going through it all in a single sitting.

Before I say anything else I have to include that my experience with FF7 is limited, mostly to advent children...or rather what I saw of it...need to watch it again, all the way through.

That aside, the idea was intriguing and executed perfectly. The slow building of Squalls rehabilitation worked out very nicely as he is systematically regaining facets of his humanity. And discovering his emotions once again. Still, it would seem he still does not have himself all of the way, it is uncertain whether he understands the true nature of the 'dreams'.

I look forwards to seeing how this progresses.

Good luck & best wishes,

Bianka-chan chapter 4 . 8/5/2006

I loved the ending. I normally talk about the chapter in order, but I must say that now...

You're so good at writing with military references! Honestly.

Tifa/Cloud moments) Yess.

What kind of processor do you use? Just wondering if you have italics, bold, and underline capabilities. Curious!

Squall's innocence is very endearingD Looks like Rinoa will be teaching him a lot of things on the way, especially since they have to pretend to be married.

Loving this. Sorry for the delayed review. I hadn't realized that I'd been missing out!

random reader chapter 5 . 8/3/2006
Squall is so cute in that restaurant scene. It's absolutely adorable. But I thought that his vocabulary would have been more developed than what you made it.

Update soon. I love this fic.