Reviews for Year of the Comet
Concolor44 chapter 19 . 1/31
Top notch story-telling! Thank you.

Favoriting.
Concolor44 chapter 11 . 1/31
Hmm. I should have read your intro to this chapter before posting my review. Apologies!

So the powers don't mix. I wonder how much of that has to do with intent.
Concolor44 chapter 10 . 1/31
... Whoa. Hang on. Let's back up and inject a little cosmological physics into this, shall we?
You said the comet was a million kilometers in DIAMETER. I'm calling BS on that.
The diameter of the Earth in a little over 12,700 km.
The diameter of the freakin' SUN is less than 1.4 million km!
The comet's TAIL might be millions of klicks LONG ... but the tail is nothing more than a very attenuated vapor (essentially vacuum) that reflects sunlight.
When a comet gets close (in astronomical terms) to the sun and begins to glow, some of the icy parts sublimate and create the comet's corona, which is also essentially vacuum. The corona never gets bigger than about 80,000 km across, regardless of the size of the comet's core.
If the comet is traveling at 50 km/second, it will take less than a second for it to get through the atmosphere and impact the planet. There won't be time for anything to "burn up" in the atmosphere. There won't be time for much of anything except a really, really impressive explosion. And a core THIRTY KILOMETERS in diameter is bigger than most of them. Halley's Comet averages about twelve. Hale-Bopp is around forty km across, but it has a period of around 4000 years.
If the "Go" Comet has a period of 17 years (not even an eye-blink, in stellar terms), it would have been seen many, many times before, and its orbit calculated to a nicety. Astronomers would have known several cycles back that it was on a collision course with Earth. Since none of that seems to be true, I can only assume that it was a traveler from outside the Oort Cloud, possibly even from a different galaxy (MAYBE even from a different dimension, which would explain its odd composition), that only recently got captured by the Sun's gravity.
They said the comet was traveling at 50 km/second. In seventeen years, it could travel some twenty-seven billion km, or a path a little shorter than Neptune's. Even with a highly elliptical orbit, it wouldn't get very far outside the primary solar system at aphelion. If it weren't a new acquisition, it would definitely be "old news".
Please excuse me for geeking out over this.

Hmm. A little hinted backstory on Shego? Gotta wonder what Hego did to so thoroughly piss her off. Or was it JUST Hego? We've already seen that her parents were basically zilch in the help department.

And that interaction between their powers ... yeah. Wow.
DarXe chapter 19 . 12/13/2014
An amazing story. I was only read the first chapter tonight and read the rest tomorrow. But once I started I couldn't stop.
LJ58 chapter 19 . 7/16/2014
Very drama, and is a very good story. Ever going to get to a sequel? Just asking.
Hikari Nova chapter 19 . 7/16/2014
ummm why did you never make the sequal you seemed to have planed to release?
lesbinope chapter 19 . 5/6/2014
This was beautiful! Wonderful. A great plot, straightforward and simple and no heartbreak because goodness knows I've had damn enough of that. Your promise to not make a Ron/Hego pairing made me giggle. I think I would faint in bliss too if I saw a naked Kim and Shego giggling in each other's arms.
Firedon chapter 11 . 4/10/2014
I think I'd be very interested in finding out how exactly their "get closer to the comet" plan is going to work. Because from what you've shown so far, they'll have to make their discharge a lot more accurate/focused unless they wanna end up floating in space.
Firedon chapter 10 . 4/10/2014
Okay, just gotta throw in something about that comet's size. It's almost 1.5 times as big as our sun. It doesn't matter if most of that is "just dust/ice", if that thing ever came close to earth, we'd fall into it, thanks to the gravity. And our atmosphere would be little more than a light breeze against all of that.
crkswolf chapter 19 . 12/12/2013
That was amazing ! Great story really loved the plot and development. Keep up the great work ;)
kyle.l.adkins chapter 19 . 10/16/2013
the only thing missing is a sequal
Rayne Arianna Maranochi chapter 19 . 9/11/2013
Love it, can't wait for the sequal!
Mystra32 chapter 19 . 11/30/2012
Umm...So do you ever plan on writing/posting the supposed "Children of the Comet" sequel you wrote about here?
The Last Poison Apple chapter 19 . 8/19/2012
Nicely written :D It was an interesting read!
KeiHime013 chapter 19 . 5/6/2012
Amazing story. I'm now looking through the night sky watching for shooting stars and wishing that you will write Children of the Comet soon.

Really, really awesome work.