Reviews for Questions
jfg207 chapter 6 . 7/25/2007
You can't end it there. The emotions of them is so overwhelming and then to have Max is his room...Wow.
TheNaggingCube chapter 6 . 7/25/2007
Would you like a fresh new broom, or the nasty one I use for cobwebs on the back porch :-D

I remember and am so happy to see this wonderful story find an ending. Nicely done. Beautiful imagery.

Thanks for finishing and sharing it.
Griever11 chapter 6 . 7/25/2007
This is so sweet!

I loved how awkward they are, without being awkward (am i making any sense?) Nice to see Logan finally really opening up to Max.

Bedroom scene was beautiful!

Perfect end to a perfect story!
dowhatyoumust chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
this is brilliant

i love it

i like how you can read what they are thinking i think uve managed really well to bring their true thoughts to the page

so great job and i can't wait to read more
intstebri chapter 5 . 4/21/2007
I had read this long times ago.

I had to read it now, because my own resume of your story was only a laconic : 'keep it forever'. (Yes, I had been lazy)

But now I understand why I was so speechless: no-way I'm gonna tear myself to make a choice about which sentence was my preferred. And no way I'm gonna 'cut and paste' each very piece of your story here

So I have to made it by myself, for once...

I was pleased that you played with Max constant fear for her lack of abilities for human emotions, with lots of sentences displayed here and there in all chapters...

I totally loved:

The way that you described not only their emotions, but also Logan pain during the last weeks when his body was fighting the recovery, and had lost his battle and Max's 'blame-herself-all-the-time' because she hadn't showed to him what he mean for her and how she do think she never made the right thing...

And how she concluded she have to put herself in an humiliating situation in attempt to correct her wrongful behavior, once again to save Logan's life (likes she would have done anything when it's regarding Logan's sake)

What a wonderful idea to keep them, barely but still, in control of their words, enough to keep them safe beneath their respective walls. And their personality, their constant fight to stay strong, their unbroken stance, their, so used, 'cover'.

Your were quite right to point out their very vulnerability when confronted by their feelings for each other. And over all, their unlimited efforts to dismiss all weakness like it was the only way to stay 'I worth it' from each other, always willing to pretend that 'open up' will scare the other. But completely unable to stay away from the other...

That's Them (with a so biggest 'T'!)

That was tearing me that you constantly insist on their poor opinions they have about themselves! Like all Logan's depressing thought that you have been so good to deepening in attempt to reach his darkness. The chapter 4 wasn't a mistake or a confusion, it was an incredible plus in your story.

Just a last personal thing: What a terrible thought! You must be sure that you are the only one who could be proud when you make a short chapter !

I urge you to don't renounce this projet!

I'm sure than the following will be as perfect as what I already read. And I should take a grip on myself to not go packing my own story and run away there and than.

(considering that this review already took a large part of my evening, I would suppose that I can pass over my usual... but I will go with my safer: 'sorry for my English')
jfg207 chapter 5 . 1/23/2007
Great story... Just keep on going on with the story. It has a great start.
dgurisko2001 chapter 5 . 1/9/2007
Very good story so far, looking forward to more chapters, hopefully soon lol.
windcall chapter 5 . 12/20/2006
Good story...I so miss that show with it's wonderful characters!

Keep on writing and I'll keep reviewing!
shywr1ter chapter 5 . 12/14/2006
Sorry to be running late on this! I already mentioned some things, I think, that I really liked in this one, and I like how you decided to pace it out! :) So, more neat things about this chapter:

Great opening lines! ;} Very much like that even though the draw of the gun was luring Logan, he remembered and honored his promise to Max.

Many interesting thoughts in Logan's head! Those that particularly struck me were how Logan was afraid that he'd ruined things between them, that every time he'd see her now, it would be a reminder that he'd caved and blubbered his painful past, and the strong images of Logan at his parents' graveside (graves, but not gravesides! :D)

And this: "His uncle’s words ...had been enough to effectively mute Logan, to make sure that he never showed his grief in front of his uncle again. Soon it had become second nature to Logan to show the world only the successful student, the cocky, self- assured bachelor, the driven journalist. He had been okay with it, hadn’t really missed anything..." (I can so imagine Logan telling himself he didn't miss anything, when he felt deep down that he really did!)

"Maybe she’d really meant her words… in all likelihood, though, this was just another one of those situations which would be downplayed as an embarrassing emotional outburst tomorrow." (Poor Logan! Maybe Max will do the right thing *this* time!)

"‘Mind over matter’ was just an alluring illusion. The past several days had proven that with unmistakable clarity, and Logan wouldn’t fall for it for a third time. With all this in mind he listened to Max’s affirmations, grateful that she was here, sorry to have shaken her so much, but steeling himself against her words so he wouldn’t be lured into trusting them too much. He didn’t want to have his hopes shattered again, not now in this sorry state." (This makes so much sense; between things failing him and Max denying her feelings last time, how could the poor guy take things at face value?)

Great line: "Despite all his well-practiced rituals of denial – here she was, so close that the warmth of her body seeped through the layers of clothing separating them, making him realize in sudden surprise that he actually had been freezing."

...and I really like this: "Max’s body was pressed against his, feeling good and right..." (Something about the part "feeling good and right" makes me think that despite all the denials, Logan's common sense and sense of truth is finding a crack in the wall, to enter and confront him with some reality that he can't deny. Hooray!)

"She, who could have her pick of every single male in Seattle, was here with him, clinging onto his body as if it was she who so desperately needed comforting, seemingly not taken aback at all by the chair or his earlier words. She was here. Logan didn’t know from where he took the courage or even the idea to do so, but somehow, suddenly his fingers started stroking Max’s back, gentle, hesitant – touching her as if to assure himself of her continued presence, as if to confirm to Max that he was still alive." (Nice, nice... more reality seeping in!)

Yay Logan! Go Max! Can't wait for more...
TheNaggingCube chapter 5 . 12/14/2006
Glad to see this back, what a great chapter... great continuation to the story. An episode that left us all wanting more ... a show that left us all hanging horribly.

Though the Jessica Alba comment by MW's character Tony on NCIS was priceless.
angelstryst chapter 5 . 12/14/2006
Absolutely beautiful Mari! The expressions and emotions were so real and true. I can't wait to read more!

Despite all his well-practiced rituals of denial – here she was, so close that the warmth of her body seeped through the layers of clothing separating them, making him realize in sudden surprise that he actually had been freezing. - What a good way to emphasize Logan's feelings.

Deep down she cared so much for those around her, despite her tough lonely warrior attitude, despite her constant remarks about not being human. She, who could have her pick of every single male in Seattle, was here with him, clinging onto his body as if it was she who so desperately neded comforting, seemingly not taken aback at all by the chair or his earlier words. She was here. - Such a strong point and uplift after all of the self-depreciating thoughts Logan has.

Wonderful way to end the chapter!
BlueAngel137 chapter 5 . 12/14/2006
This is so good! Really, really excellent work again.

I especially liked that you brought in some childhood memories, not only showing how much Jonas' and Margo's behavior influenced Logan, but also explaining some of his deep-rooted insecurities and fears.

Some favorites (I had to restrain myself not to cut and paste the whole chapter ;)):

-...and this time she didn’t let him get away with a halfhearted ‘I’m fine’ and some dismissive gestures. She prodded and poked, looked scared and vulnerable and mad as hell as she gave up all their comfortable pretenses, until eventually his weakened defenses crumbled and he gave her what she wanted. ...

-...Logan had caught himself thinking what it would be like to show Max a little more: to tell her a funny story about his parents or a not so funny story about his uncle, to let her in about how helpless he felt when she was out there risking her life… He fantasized about asking her over for another dinner to tell her, while she was under the spell of candles and wine, how much she meant to him. But just as soon as these thoughts emerged they were dismissed with brutal force, squashed as ridiculous daydreams that could never come true. ... (That's really sad again.)

-...Despite all his well-practiced rituals of denial – here she was, so close that the warmth of her body seeped through the layers of clothing separating them, making him realize in sudden surprise that he actually had been freezing. ... (beautiful description)

It was nice to read about Logan's thoughts about the kiss in BBWW and how much he cherished the memory.

LOVE IT! Thanks.
Opusscurum chapter 5 . 12/13/2006
I'm so glad you're back with this story! As always, a very sensitive and beautifully written chapter. And a very intelligent analysis of Logan, of Max and of their realtionship. I really, really, really hope that the next chapter will follow sooner and, after that, many further chapters!
annie200 chapter 5 . 12/13/2006
Wow, this was great..I especially liked the last paragraph where Max is clinging to Logan as though she needs the comfort, which of course she does if Logan could just see it!
lkaplon chapter 4 . 11/9/2006
Hey,

Loved the story. It was very emotional. Can't wait for more.
70 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »