Reviews for Winds of Hope
Kisa tracer chapter 12 . 12/5/2012
Love both this one and the one before this one. Though I would have chosen difrent pokemon but it works. Can't wait to read more.
angel61991 chapter 12 . 2/23/2011
and what is that 42 refering 2? b/c i dont think i get the joke. i really liked your first story and i cant wait to read more of luins adventures in spera. please update soon.
Awesomequake chapter 10 . 9/26/2010
This is part 3 of my review to you. There are 2 reasons that I am still writing these reviews that are making my thumb and index finger sore on my DSi. 1, I don't want my opinions to be cut off and incomplete, and 2, because I don't want you to think that I only have negative opinions and criticism of your fic. I want to start by restressing my point on Luin's pokemon. I wish for Suicune to be more involved in the dialogue and events, and downgrading Mindstrike to saving them a spot in line? I found that rather ridiculous. But that is all my negative comments on the story, it looks like more than it is, because I really love this story and these are small things that I think would make it better. I can't think of specific positive things to compare to the negative, but the pluses are far more. I'm a bit afraid that these will go unread and this story and fanfics in general have been long abandoned by you, but I hope you see this and see that people still read your amazing stories. After reading these, I have become a huge fan and I hope you don't think that this is all negative. This took ages to type on a DSi touchscreen, so I hope you see it!

From your huge fan,

Awesomequake (Or just Jake).
Awesomequake chapter 11 . 9/26/2010
I didn't say all I wanted to say about the story in my last review (ran out of space), so I decided to do another one. I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, as it seems I'm supposed to review this on a per-chapter basis, but I want to get all my comments out on the story all at once. But anyway, time to continue my review.

I want to start with my previous comments on the "too many pokemon" thing that it seems you have going here. I want to finish up my rant on that by going back to Frozen Wind. The pokedex that Luin had was important in establishing the fact that he was not of that world, and that he alone controlled those pokemon. With Winds of Hope, you have broken all of the limitations that you created in Frozen Wind, actually giving everyone else a pokedex. Now this(should be) impossible, as they haven't even been to Luin's world to recieve a dex, instead having it "magically appear" in their bags. These are all the complaints I have about Luin's sharing of pokemon, with the conclusion pretty much being to ask you to keep some of the distance and uniqueness that Luin had in Frozen Wind (well when it comes to pokemon and power, anyway. I rather like where you're going with the character's personality).

But whatever, thats just the complaint of a novice reader and reviewer that has shown up way too late to a story that is probably abandoned. I sure know I can't do better than this, I'm a terrible writer and I possess an inferior imagination, this is your story, not mine.

But now that I'm done commenting on the probable multitude of pokemon, I have to say something opposite to it, the lack of them. Luin's pokemon have taken quite a big backseat to the story, not showing up as often as they should, and in turn, it seems that that part of Luin's personality has taken a hit from it. Suicune has not participated very much in the conversations in the story, and the interactions between Luin, Suicune, and the other characters that I love to read have not shown up.
Awesomequake chapter 12 . 9/26/2010
I read this story a few days ago, and it is one of my favorites. I used to just read storys and not review them, but I really wanted to say something about this one, so I made myself an account to do so (this is my first review). The only reason I'm even saying anything is because you haven't updated in so long, so I wanted to practically beg you to continue.

I think that this fic isn't quite as good as Frozen Wind (which ranks among my top 3 so far [although i've only been reading fanfics for a couple weeks, I just got into it when I got my DSi for my birthday, I don't have a computer, i'm typing this on my touchscreen now, which is a HUGE pain]), but this is a great sequel to it, and I would hate to see it stop. But anyway, on to the actual comments of the story.

The whole "Pokemon Trainer" dressphere thing surprised me in general. One of the things that I liked about Luin was that he alone controlled the power of the pokemon from his world (besides Rikku and Vib, but that was only one somewhat weak pokemon). And now it seems that eventually, all 4 main characters will have their own full party of pokemon to command. I liked the idea of maybe one pokemon to each of them, but 6 for each main character (with one legendary each) seems very excessive. It doesn't give Luin any sort of special thing to separate himself from the females, despite the fact that he commands his full party right off the bat. Having 24 pokemon (with at least 2, maybe 4 being legendarys) potentially at the groups command at once is way too many characters too keep track of, especially with the nicknames they will probably get. Overall I believe that Luin should be the only one to keep a full party, or else 1, There will be too many characters (and I can't think of the pokemon as anything but their own character, patticularly Luin's), and 2, Luin will lose the only thing that keeps him unique from the other main characters (except of course the gender difference lol). No more space...
Okami Princess chapter 12 . 12/22/2008
Heh, didn't know that Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy existed in the Pokemon world.
devil-trigger-777 chapter 12 . 7/13/2008
like the story. hope you update soon. also I hope there will be an appearance of Dialga and Palkia as well as the god of pokemon, Arceus.
Reploid the Echidna chapter 12 . 6/16/2008
so that 42 was isaruu's age? and why not give kimharia a lucario? it seems to fit him more. but hey it is your story
Ceres 82.1 chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Not as good as " Frozen Wind", but it's still good.

Please make a sequel to " Frozen Wind" that doesn't go to FFX-2.
Reploid the Echidna chapter 11 . 1/16/2008
i like this chapter. absol huh? i was expecting more of a dark type but an absol seems good too. like i said before i hope to see a battle between a pokemona and an aeons soon
finalsliver chapter 11 . 1/16/2008
wo, yay finally another chapter, and paine finally has her own pokemon. and the absol fits her well. now i cant wait to see brother rant on about how luin is trying to tkeover by giving everybody offers of his own collection. and if things keep goiwing that way then when they eventualy become a blitzball team, things are going to get interesting
Chaos Lord Roscoso chapter 10 . 7/16/2007
it is about time you updated sandstone
OCAdam chapter 10 . 7/16/2007
After a long absense, one of my favorite favorite writers is back, yay! You had some compy problems I see... I hate those.

XD, always seems of the 'for our sanity' reasons that you'd get Ice to go set the rooming up like that!

~OCAdam
Chaos Lord Roscoso chapter 8 . 2/25/2007
it is about time sandstone so how will rikku get her next pokemon cacturne
Reploid the Echidna chapter 8 . 2/24/2007
wow took you long enough. what took so long. anyway update soon
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »