Reviews for Stand Up Once More
Avaritia chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
"He wanted to sleep. But…

There was… still so much left to do."

I loved that.
Zig-zag chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Took me awhile to review. But I loved this story. Read it on a break during work, made the day a little easier. Great 100 word fic!
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Such beautifully expressed weary resolution. I especially liked " he sat alone in the middle of a burning lake of himself." Masterful use of language in this one.
Kishofwings chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
You have a great knack with these 100word ficlets! great job!
moeru himura chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
Yes! It opened! What happened back there? hehe Ayhow...

Wow! I love it! This is my most favorite part in the manga and you depicted a piece of it beautifully! "Twilight in a world half alive", perfect description. And the title, and the last line! wahh! I just so love it. With a few lines, you were able to create such powerful images, its giving me the creeps.

And the line: "Some here believed their despair was blameless in the dead-end of hopelessness." Very fitting description of the people in Rakuninmura.. Maybe that's why Kenshin really doesnt fit 's not supposed to be there!

This little fic is awesome. Very few fics write about the events in Rakuninmura so thank you so much!:P
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
What a wonderful image of Kenshin in Rakunimura. I like how you play on the idea of drowning in self-pity and yet capturing the fiery essence so true of Kenshin as he "sat alone in the middle of a burning lake of himself, unable to escape..." The image of the "bare bones of a slender tree, dying young, with a few last leaves near the top" also captures Kenshin's depleted state.
MysticFirefly chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
Well, that put all my thoughts of the latest volumes in a nutshell. Very awesome job.
PrincessEarthstar chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
The last two lines reminded me of Robert Frost's "Stopping in the Woods on a Snowy Evening."
sueb262 chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
Ah, I have just read volume 26 myself! (I can both hardly wait for the next one, and dread it, as I understand there are only 28 and I can't imagine what I will do when I've devoured all of canon...)

As much as anything, I loved your summary to this-such a broad description of the force of life, of its insistence on continuing (which I thing I both despise and applaud).

The opening phrase: "Twilight in a world half alive" describes so well what this kind of despair is like. Everything is dulled and slow, meaningless and flat, most of all, one's very own self, where one is stuck. No, make that "Stuck"-the very definition of Stuck-all options equally impossible and despicable.

And yet, Life, that implacable martial, _will_ continue, heartless and uncaring...
Warg chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
Hey..

Great work on this...

Covered the daze and the unsettling quite of Kenshin in his "depression"... The images grew sharper as the fic progressed.. the ending was sharp, simple, perfect..

Ur summary was very drawing.. if only i could do half as well.. :p

Looking forward to more soon.. Cya
White Rabbit Tale chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
I like this take on Kenshin's stay in Rakuninmura (damn I never know how to spell it!) In any case, I think this ficlet progressed as it went on...er, I guess that's my way of saying I liked the end the best. Or actually, the middle paragraph of description. You have lovely images there..."bare bones of a slender tree" and "stars of water" I like especially. I loved the image of the milling life...birds, leaves, singing...while Kenshin is basically at a standstill.

I will tell you a secret, and that is I'm /not/ very good at reviewing this ficlets! Which is too bad because I love reading them, and I think you did an excellent job on this one. The last and first lines are poignant and I also have to mention that the summary is extremely well-done, too!

An amazing job all around and I'm glad you keep writing these!