Reviews for The Way Things Were
Guest chapter 26 . 12/3/2013
Great...thank u so much 4 this story
fnfnztri chapter 26 . 6/9/2007
Mary Anne has always been my favorite character in the series. You did her character great justice in your story. The concept of the story itself is also very interesting. Good job.
xridgegodessx chapter 26 . 2/6/2007
omg I'm SO sorry... fanfiction didn't send me an alert saying you had updated and so I read the last two chapters today.

Awesome fic! I'm glad that Dawn finally opened up to Mary Anne and thbat she decided to stick up for herself
dontforget2remember chapter 26 . 11/25/2006
Good Story. From reading your summary, I didn't know where you were going with the story and I was confused at parts but it was a very good story. I'm glad I took the time to read it and am looking forward to reading more stories authored by you!
EmilyJade91 chapter 26 . 10/27/2006
cool story!

Ms. Hiwatari
milky way bar chapter 26 . 10/11/2006
aw, i liked the ending a lot. its very realistic, but still happy... i guess bittersweet?

wonderful job :)
CNJ chapter 26 . 9/19/2006
Good ending. Thanks for not making Mary Anne and Dawn hate each other; that would have been the pits.

I'm glad they worked out a truce; in canon, they always had a lovely sister bond that saw them thru thick and thin, thru fights, the house fire, graduation from middle school, their parents' marriage, everything.

I also like that you had Sharon put her foot down and not let Dawn fly back out West; Dawn really needs to settle; I am sure an intelligent girl like Dawn does realize how expensive cross-country flights are; in canon, she often paid for some of them with her babysitting money.

But good ending; very well-written story; I will be reading your new story and getting back to you!
IndulgentWriter chapter 26 . 9/18/2006
What a great story. I'm so glad you ended it realistically.
Wicked Wonder chapter 26 . 9/17/2006
I thought this ended realistically. Everything won't change overnight, if they change at all. Mary Anne's smart not to think that things will be perfect overnight. Dawn's stupid, but hey, aren't we all at that age? I liked this.
DaveysMommy chapter 26 . 9/15/2006
"Sharon was making quite the effort, though she had neglected to take off her apron. A spatula, along with what appeared to be a road map, stuck out of the pocket."

That just cracked me up! I could just picture Sharon with a map in her apron pocket.

This has been a really good story. Like the others who have reviewed, I liked how it didn't have any definate answers. Small steps were taken, but there wasn't really a resolution. Very realistic.
daffywriter chapter 26 . 9/15/2006
Nice ending. I like how things didn't end perfectly. Very realistic. Sorry for not reviewing in a while!
Drucilla Black chapter 26 . 9/14/2006
I liked how you wrapped up this story...
RyanStiles4Me chapter 26 . 9/14/2006
I know I haven't reviewed in, like, 20 chapters, but I've been reading every one. I really enjoyed this story and your take on Mary Anne - it's kind of how I saw her in high school.

I feel like their were loose ends not tied up, but maybe it's better that way. I'm glad that Mary Anne and Dawn were able to at least come to some sort of understanding, even if their relationship will never be the same again.

I hope you write another story soon. :-)
Celica60 chapter 26 . 9/14/2006
My new laptop is so fabulous because now I can read and review fanfiction instead of doing pesky things like paying attention in class.

An excellent final chapter. It is an ending and a beginning, which is the best kind of end of all. Things aren't perfect, things aren't even great or resolved, but there's a sense of calm with this chapter, of things, perhaps, settling straight. Or not. I think that's what I love the most - that things could improve at the Schafer-Spier house, or they could revert to how they were. There's a fragile closure, one that does not offer absolute assurances. And I love that.

Sharon and Richard are still idiots. And I like how that didn't change through the course of the story. They're making some kind of half-hearted effort at this point, but I doubt it will last. That's just how things are sometimes. Our lives and the people in them are not magically fixed.

The end conversation with Dawn was so well-written. I think you did it perfectly. It was not a weepy reconciliation, but a tentative one. Dawn and Mary Anne's relationship will never be what it once was and both seem to realize that and regret it. It's sad, but it's real. You portray their emotions so well with how much they reveal and how much they hold back. Just a fabulous end to a fabulous story.

I can't wait for what is next to come.
onlylivingboy chapter 26 . 9/14/2006
Oh, I am so disappointed that it's over! You wrote a lovely story, Chelz, really, and I'm going to miss it a lot. I liked the ending-it was perfect, really perfect. Congrats!