Reviews for The Smallest of Details
roseflorintine chapter 2 . 7/17/2011
I would simply like to bring to your attention that it has been, oh i don't know... FIVE YEARS! No offense intended, but I think it's time to update.
KrisEleven chapter 2 . 12/5/2010
I absolutely love his views on Numair, slight as they may be in this chapter. They are just so descriptive! Good job, again. Her character is perfect and Perin really seems like you have taken him out of a book, he is so real and developed. I like this alot. Are you continuing it into their other interactions? I'll put it on alert in case you do. :)

KrisEleven
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
"poor bugger's absolute repugnance"

lolol.

Ok, I liked this. I thought you did very well with Perin's voice and making him realistic to the times and his place. I also loved seeing Daine through his eyes; I'd forgotten what she would have looked like to others, and you portrayed her in a very interesting way.

KrisEleven
athemyst chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
There aren't a lot of stories from Perin's POV, and I think you did a great job writing it. Like the personality and dignity
catwithabook chapter 2 . 7/13/2007
Wonderful, will there be another chapter?
Starling Rising chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
During the argument that happens in ROTG after Numair kisses her, it says that all Perin wanted to do was "bed her, as some men in Snowsdale had bedded her mother" might have a few words off, but you can check. It's there, I promise.
Sam chapter 2 . 5/27/2006
Gosh, am I glad to see a new story from you since the last time i checked! This story is delightful (as are all of your others). I love Daine from this perspective and you give Perin such a nice, real voice. I've got to say I love it. I do hope that you're planning on adding chapters to this beauty or at least writing more in the Tamora Pierce fandom. You're one of the few (only?) authors I can count on to put out fun, interesting, well-written fanfiction that contributes to the community.

Thanks for all the great stories!
Alone in the Desert chapter 2 . 5/25/2006
Volney Rain. Heh. That got a chuckle.

He's best when he's correcting Daine's grammar (how very you) but I also like that he doesn't entirely approve of her martial exploits and such. He is, after all, only human.

His comment about Cloud's maternal kick (pun intended?) made me wonder if Daine/Cloud would qualify as incest. SFF to the bone.
Alone in the Desert chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
You've grown up a LOT, Kitty. And I love this piece. Perin is so tender and innocent and hopeful, I hate to see his heart break (as it must).

I liked the present a lot. It's a sweet idea, and the thoughtfulness it shows is touching.
CrAzYhOrSeGiRl88 chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
Beautifully written! Its been quite a while since I've so much as thought about reading a TP piece, but I got really excited when I saw that you'd posted something so I tried it and loved it. It makes me miss writing for the TP section. What I loved best about this piece was the fact that you didn't make Perin out to be a bad guy like most people usually do. I never thought he was one and that he had as much of a right, if not more so, to go after Daine as Numair did. Anyway, awesome job! _
Hedgewitchery chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
I think I'm going to like this one. I like "Focus," but yeah, I've never totally bought into Perin-as-rat-bastard. The idea that he's a perfectly nice guy with some very good qualities makes more sense to me. I look forward to seeing where you go with it!