Reviews for Girl's School
Strawberry Pepper chapter 38 . 4/25/2020
Overall? I'd say this has been a really fun fic.
I kinda wish Nodoka was more on board and understanding of Ranma's magic girl stuff, but there is a lot going on and that can be a thing for later if this ever gets picked up again (just because it's been over four years since the last update doesn't mean the fic is absolutely dead... just effectively so for now. _;

I believe it was chapter 28 that was a major issue for me. For a regular Ranma adventure it's not too out of left field, but with how Ranma changes and grows (more or less) in this fic to that point, it feels like a massive set back with no pay off or value. There is a very clear lesson Ranma should be learning right there (don't take Happy at his word and just kick the dingus to the curb. Ranma doesn't -need- his permission at all to teach) and even when he finally kinda gets it, he STILL seeks Happy's approval.

it reeks strongly of 'Reversal Jewel', where the story itself isn't the issue, but the story in context with the rest of the plot feels wrong. (reversal jewel actively takes ranma from 'stuck in a mess created by others' to 'is making his own damn mess and we really shouldn't feel sorry for him'. It's especially not a great chapter to have when trying to write more 'fix the engagements' or alternate ship fics)

That one chapter aside though? This has been a ton of fun and I could see lots of potential in it.

I'm willing to bet the two Thug boys aren't going to get off that easy about being Magical Girls vs Magical Boys...

already sent you a pm about Fatimia... anyhoo, hope this review finds you well. X3
overninethousand chapter 1 . 8/15/2019
sesshomaruandrin . blogspot . com
sesshomaruandkagura . blogspot . com
Kuro Neko9695 chapter 28 . 6/3/2019
This is by far the most hated chapter in my life! I had never read a chapter and I joined in indignation!
Because shit Ranma was willing to stoop to such a level! Because to make your character grow as a person and then corrupt him up to those levels! It really disgusts me!

The only reason why I force myself to continue reading is because of the time travel that gives me a little bit of hope for Ranma to expiate in the future ...
silverhawk88 chapter 4 . 2/28/2019
Oh boy, and the fun begins!
silverhawk88 chapter 2 . 2/28/2019
This is some heavy stuff!
Coffee chapter 38 . 1/9/2019
So it's been 3 years, any chance of those extra written chapters you've teased about on your profile?

Pretty please?
weebee chapter 25 . 5/28/2018
Honestly, to this point this story was mostly really good. Sometimes I'd notice a few sections where your proofing would break down, specifically on names, but the vast majority of the plot, I had no problem with.

Sure, most of the girls are overly pushy, but they're teenaged girls and Ranma almost never pushes back, so that made sense. The dynamic is forming up well.

Still, I'm done here, because there's one constantly reappearing plotpoint that I... simply can't get past. You see, I detest your Nodoka.

I'm not kidding. By now, I actively dread when she comes on screen and ruins the mood of a chapter with her high handed decrees and patronizing insistance that she always knows best which is not once called out in a way that actually effects her. Truth be told, this hit its breaking point NEXT chapter, but since I didn't read all of that, I didn't feel I should review there.

The issue is honestly that you made Nodoka TOO compotent. See, there's a certain level of stuff we put up with most of Ranma's cast doing because in a real way each of them is terribly flawed. Ranma's got the sociiatal maturity of a six year old and the predictive ability of a potato, Genma is mind-bogglingly stupid, Akane has horrible anger issues that sometimes make her do things she shouldn't, etc, etc. In Nodoka's case, her worldview is... just a bit tilted.

Thing is, in canon she buys into Genma's hype, and not just the pretty stuff, ALL of it. She first really identifies Ranma in the bust battle arc by correctly identifying, describing, and disassembling a technique she specifically notes is for dodging debt collectors, understanding it well enough to note that Ranma altered it so that he didn't have to hurt her, and at the same time views a vow Genma and Ranma made as invialable, and thinks they would obviouslyw want to commit suicide for breaking it. She also has some truely strange ideas about manliness, which all seem to construct a fairly coherant worldview in her own mind that the reader never really gets more than a glimpse of.

Nodoka keeps some sympathy in canon because, in a very real way,she's as dumb as Genma. She had no idea the seppuku pact would be a dumb idea, or that they had a serious chance of failing it. When she found they DID, she was ready to perform her duty, but was also willing to take any explanation, including 'There's an explanation for this!" as reason to stop.

Your Nodoka, though? Sure, she changes the content of the pact, but the biggest issue is that she should clearly have known better than to have accepted it in the first place. She has a good idea of what Genma is like, and if she became a viceprincipal through progress up the teaching ranks, has enough intelligence to think through the consiquences.

In essence, my problem with your Nodoka is that she comes off to me as smart enough that the seppuku pledge comes as her fobbing her son off on Genma at age six with a fig-leaf of cover, and then having the gaul to start wanting to be a mother after all of the major work's done, using the contract as an obvious hammer to smash objections out of her way whenever her will is questioned. And if she's a vice-principal and DOESN'T know what kind of horrible abuse of authority THAT is, I feel sorry for all the kids she taught over her career.
RadicalErin chapter 38 . 12/15/2017
I need more
Shyguy1 chapter 38 . 11/16/2017
Great story.

I like how in-character you've kept everyone and how you haven't fallen into the flanderization standard that is so prevalent in modern fan fiction. Akane is immature but not a b!#y brat high on her own self importance. Nabiki is cool dry and sharp tounged but not a sociopathic megalomaniacle egomaniac. Kasumi is placid but not vapid.

The story is progressing fantastically. I was not originally a fan of magical girl fiction but your story has convinced me to take a second look.

I've read some of the more negative reviews for this story, and I must say that I disagree. The magical girl stuff felt out of the blue until I looked back over the story. It was foreshadowed long ago and I get the feeling it was the intention from the beginning.

As I've said, it's a wonderful story and I sincerely hope that you at least consider continuing. If I'm not mistaken, you prefaced this story with the message that you would leave it one day, but it's such a good story that i don't think you should stop now.
Aceina chapter 38 . 5/3/2017
very good chapter i hope it updates soon and i have a feeling goku wont be a boy for long he does want to be the ranma of the group
Aceina chapter 33 . 5/2/2017
im so glad you went back tot he light hearted insanity tone its far more enjoyable
Aceina chapter 29 . 5/2/2017
now this is the tone i liked before but its just lost alot of what i enjoyed before do to that depressing arc

hell why is no one mad at ranma for betraying there trust
Aceina chapter 28 . 5/2/2017
well this chapter made me hate ranma now as ranma was just a selfish jack ass who betrayed every bit of character developement that happened in the first 22 chapters
Aceina chapter 26 . 5/2/2017
well i see ukyo and shampoo have ahd any chance of a character arc in your story thrown out to now i hate them both as this selfish ranma is just a prize mindset dont work in a drama and thats what this story is now neither one of them loves ranma in the slightest
Aceina chapter 25 . 5/2/2017
the story had been good untill this hole mess it honestly feels like it is a different story its tone is different its just a big depressing mess

before this it felt like something rumiko her self would have written even your OCs felt like they fit the cast and grew on me quick

it did not even hit me emotionally as it came out of left field why did you change the entire tone of the story

but im this far in now i cant stop reading as i hate to not see how a story ends even a story that betrayed me