Reviews for Of the Doom of Men
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
Very well written.
eiluj chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
I very much like what you did with the Evenstar (despite that I'm *not* at all fond of how PJ changed that jewel). Also that Aragorn had the opportunity to tease Legolas about his windswept hair!

Some info for you:

If you add 1600 to the year according to the Shire Reckoning, you have the year of the Third Age. So S.R. 1418 (when the Fellowship set out from Rivendell) was the same as Third Age 3018.

Really, *only* Hobbits used the Shire Reckoning dates. Elves, Gondorians, Northern Dúnedain: all used the Third Age date.

S.R. 1421 / Third Age 3021 (the year Frodo et al left Middle-earth) was the first year of the Fourth Age. Hobbits continued using the Shire Reckoning.

So S.R. 1541 (the year Aragorn died) was Fourth Age 120.

The Encyclopedia of Arda says Faramir died in Fourth Age 82, aged 120. [I don't think that's in LotR; the E of A doesn't give a source.]

Éowyn's grandmother was Morwen of Lossarnach, so she may have had some Dúnedain blood. We do not have any death date for Éowyn. But it's highly unlikely she lived to 147 - especially since Tolkien only gave Faramir 120 years, despite his strong Númenórean ancestry.

In Fourth Age 120, Lothíriel would have been 1443. Again, we have no official death date. But I doubt she'd have lived 23 years longer than Faramir, especially since she probably had significantly less Númenórean blood.

If you don't know the Encyclopedia of Arda, you can find it at w w arda/
Feafea chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
i liked it... hehe... its nice and sweet... )

btw, plz write more AA fics... i juz love them so much.. XD
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
A good piece of work, but please take care with your dates:

King Elessar died in FA 120; Faramir died BEFORE HIM in FA 64 and was succeeded to the Stewardship by his son Elboron and then his grandson Barahir. Due to his Numenorean blood, I suspect that Faramir outlived his wife.

Love and hugs,