Reviews for A Father's Promise
Boydje822 chapter 53 . 2/20
WHAT? "She could do no less for the [CHILDREN] of Katie O'Neil" Does that mean what I think that means?! O.O Goodness Gracious... I really hope I'm wrong here, or this story is going to get a large dose of seriously messed up!
Everyonedeserveslove chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
loved!
lolcia1998 chapter 22 . 6/2/2013
This is truly beautiful. I have sung a similar hymn before, called Pie Jesu, but the words were slightly different.
Bergamotte chapter 30 . 5/29/2013
Nedjmet, if those lyrics are yours, you are a fine lyricist! The cadence was so obviously that of Ode to Joy, that you need not have confirmed it later in the chapter.

Poor Christine has doubts, but she doesn't doubt what is important to her, it seems.
Bergamotte chapter 20 . 5/29/2013
Nedjmet, I don't know if you are still following your reviews on this website (the story is 5-6 years old), but I want to tell you how much I'm enjoying your unique phanphic, A Father's Promise. Chapter 19 allows us to "hear" Christine singing for the first time, and it's a beautiful chapter. I loved the fact that Carlotta was knocked on her derriere by Christine's skill and her classmates' response to it.
montaquecat1 chapter 6 . 5/9/2013
I remember your bribes for getting you to post more chapters nedjmet. Now I wish you were still reading these reviews. I miss your notes. Yes I know anyone new reading this must think I am crazy but I thought maybe she is out there lurking. At least we can hope she is. dd
montaquecat1 chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Next to waytointoerik's stories about poto this is an all time favorite. Looking forward to reading it again. Wish you were still writing more stories nedjimet. dd
Sarah Maxime chapter 80 . 3/29/2013
*sobs* You are an amazing writer. I'm crying-tears streaming down my face-and just a minute ago was truly sobbing. That's amazing because I can count on one hand the number of times a book, musical, movie or fan fictiom has made me cry.
Sarah Maxime chapter 81 . 3/24/2013
...is too lazy to sign in...
Your story has made my chest tighten in sympathetic pain more times than I can count. And I swear to God, if you don't get Erik and Christine together (finally) in the sequel, I WILL send La Carlotta to you to torture you.
MademoiselleLovely chapter 81 . 10/14/2012
I just have to tell you this has to be in my very top three favorite PotO fan fic of all time, and trust me, that is really saying something, I've read lots. This fic has been exquisitely well-written and deeply emotional, and you did a beautiful job delving into the thoughts and feelings of every character. Thank you for gracing the internet with this wonderful story! Keep being brilliant! :)
harrylee94 chapter 81 . 6/25/2012
#reaches for Punjab lasso#

#reads author's note#

There's going to be a sequal? YES!

#reaches past lasso and finds a box of cookies ready for posting#

I seriously LOVED this fanfic! It was AMAZING! Too bad about the ending... But there's a sequal! Looking forward to reading it. Hope you got lots of cookies for this!
middaysunset chapter 81 . 12/8/2011
Wow. I know, its like three or four years after the end and you STILL had me mentally weeping. Great job here! Whether is off to real publishing or doing what ever you dream I'm sure you'll go far. Thank you for gifting us with your story! Off to read the sequal :)

middaysunset
gamysleuth chapter 19 . 4/30/2011
I love Beethoven as much as I love chocolate and coffee ice cream, the moon and stars, Erik, and piano and guitar... AND this story! All of those I love A LOT :DDDD
archangelo137 chapter 81 . 2/9/2011
This simply cannot be the end! You stayed true to the movie and the books, as well as the characters, which very few authors can do. This is an amazing modern rendition of the old version! Is there a sequel?
musicalbutterfly605 chapter 67 . 4/29/2010
rargh. I hate raoul. rargh. but, whoo for ah-MAYH-zing fic! can we say, best ever? oh yes. and OMFG it's like 2 am why am I up D: