Reviews for Alone, Together
Smashingcrosses chapter 18 . 3/28
A good read!Enjoyed every second of it and stayed up damn near all night retying to finish it.
I really liked that you didn't make ron out to be a bad guy and instead kept him as her best friend and someone who always has her back.
Loved It!
kirsant chapter 18 . 11/17/2019
I think many writers would have ended this story shortly after Kim and Shego's return to their own dimension. I'm glad you didn't. There were a lot of wonderfully introspective moments in the second half, moments that had the characters reflecting on who they are and growing, changing as people. Shego considering her father, realizing she's now the same age as he was when he died-41-and suddenly stunned at how young that seems. Kim struggling with the stigma of homosexuality, her fears only highlighted by her limelight. But the biggest changes always occurred when they were together. Kim offered Shego a new way of looking at her dad and her own past; Shego reciprocated by providing the strength Kim needed to step out into the world as who she really was. There were a lot of moments like this...and together they made the couple's romance and sense of kinship one of the most believable among those that I have ever read.

I do think that the second half could be shortened, just a little. I'm also slightly miffed that the cathedral where they got married didn't play a role during the "memory recovery" phase. It was so pivotal for them. But these are only minor objections to a fic that was thoroughly enjoyable; intense, evocative, and thought-provoking.

Oh, and vivid. I can't forget that. My absolute favorite portions were the road trip moments and the scenery involved. The firestorm in Denver and Shego standing in front of the bear; the devastation in St. Lewis, almost a metaphor for their wreckage in their souls as they become untethered from each other; the scenic route through the mountains, a moment of respite... Beautiful.

Once again, I had a lot of fun reading your work and I'm really glad you wrote it. Your profile states that you're focused on original fiction now-I can only wish you the very best in this-but that can't stop me from hoping (and this is egotistic of me, I know) that you will eventually come up with another Kigo story :)

PS. Sorry for this mini-essay of a review. Well, no, actually. Not sorry. The fic is 100% worth it.
kirsant chapter 9 . 11/15/2019
What an absolutely amazing, heart-wrenching chapter. I haven't left reviews before this-I feel a little guilty for that, even though the fic is over a decade old by this point-but I had to stop here, pause, and tell you what a wonderful story so far it is. I feel that there's two journeys here: the one Kim and Shego are taking on land, very much a road trip, and the one that's being wrought in their hearts. And you've done a fantastic job at combining them. It feels genuine and it feels mature, and Shego's attempt at suicide in this chapter was all the more heart-breaking-and yet so, so believable, as her connection to Kim has become so integral to who she is.

Thank you for writing.
Getting Warmer chapter 15 . 10/30/2019
This story is just like the likelihood of it all happening: one in a gosh darn million. It's that good. Not perfect, but supremely enjoyable and just fantastic.
B-mey chapter 1 . 6/10/2019
I remember reading this a few years back, but I couldn't find it again when I searched the site for it, so I gave a rough description on Google and I found it. So happy. I'm going to enjoy reading it again
Hatoralo chapter 18 . 5/9/2019
This was fantastic.
I saw this recommended on TV Tropes and it caught my interest.
And I can say this: I was not disappointed.

The journey of Kim and Shego from villains, to friends and finally lovers was a believable and incredible one.
Shego leaves Kim in frustration but she comes back because the never-ending loneliness of a world without other people could crush anyone.
Then the romance between the two, the break-up forced by the earthquake, Shego’s suicide attempt, reunion and… Too beautiful.
Not to mention the operation, that was a scene!

Kim becoming the world greatest physicist and Shego becoming a physician made sense and I liked it.

Then as they returned to their universe the developments about both of them felt natural.
Shego’s earnest attempt to switch sides was excellent and Kim’s angst about homosexuality makes sense. I am aware that this was written at a time where being homosexual was more daunting than it is now. Fear of ostracization was more intense in the past.

Also: I always wondered if Doctor Drakkens Portal and Kim and Shego crossing it was the reason everyone on that alternate earth suddenly vanished. It seems to big of a coincidence otherwise.
The implications are frightening if the characters should ever think it could be the case.

Aside from this:
I missed a scene in which Kim’s parents learn about the homosexuality of their daughter. That would have been nice.
Or a sequel to this, which includes the events of later episodes… Except the stuff where the canon Kim/Ron ship was required of course or other events made impossible through Shego’s and Drakken’s Heel-Turn.

Otherwise, fantastic work.
You did a fantastic job with your alternate universe for Kim Possible.
Thank you for this fantastic story.
Hathowda Jun chapter 18 . 4/16/2019
I wished you manage the second half better.

Nothing is at stake in the second half really.
The only risk there is, is that the first half of the story I read might get wasted.
It is not a good motivation to read the story any further.

But nonetheless it was great. Thank you for your work.
Avathar chapter 18 . 2/26/2019
Such a good story you wrote everything brilliantly shegos redemption Kim's coming out the establishment of their relationship it was all brilliant and there were so many cute moments between them both. A great story and the end had me laughing(I'm also happy draken got his novel prize).
Kriloth chapter 1 . 1/15/2019
Just finished reading this in like a day and a half. Very well done! Kinda wish there was more in the epilogues but such are the feelings whenever you get to the end of a well crafted story.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/22/2018
Well that escalated. you'd think after so many years away, she'd stop caring bout their opiniond
BountifulGames chapter 18 . 9/7/2018
Just saying, that guest comment below is me. FOr some reason fanfiction decided to log me out right when i commented that
Guest chapter 18 . 9/7/2018
I loved this story so much. The premise was amazing. Imo I enjoyed the first half more than the second half but thats just me. They were both amazing. I think i just liked the whole survival part more. One thing I would have changed (again, completely my thought, not saying its bad at all) is I would have made both Kim and Shego have the knowledge and maturity they had in the other world slowly come back. Like Kim is in class and she answers doctorate level science questions with ease. I mean you showed they did with Shego cooking but I thought it would be cool to see people's reactions to Kim having so much more knowledge than she should.

Again this story was amazing, you are amazing, yes.
ThatOneOverThereNoTheOtherOne chapter 18 . 8/4/2018
Amazing!
ssnowh chapter 18 . 7/25/2018
Wow... Just, wow. The amount of effort, time, and greatness that went into this story is beyond breathtaking! Over the course of the weekend of binge reading all 16 chapters I discovered 3 things:

1: That McCafferty is a great band to go with certain stories! (No, seriously, listen to "Yours, Mine, Hours. It flows with certain chapters of this story just so... Perfect.)

2: Stories with erotica and/or same sex pairing or "ships" don't have to be nothing but a mindless sex-fest. (Every sex scene in this story was so well written, it wasn't just fan service, they all felt extremely romantic.)

And finally... 3: You're the greatest Kigo author of all time! No, seriously. I've read about 20 different ones, all from different authors. You by far take the cake. (I'm including "Accidental Mistress", "Not the same" and even "Fun with Kigo" was a fun take on the genre.) Something about how you write these just shows... Care and compassion for the characters. You don't rush in, and change their personality to fit the story, you gradually change them as the events happen (Something very few do.)

Well, that felt like a long review, and I know this fanfic is 12 years old (As I'm writing this, anyways.) And I doubt you will see this, but I hope you continue to write for as long as you're able! I have yet to check out any of your original stories, but I'll be sure to give them a shot. Also, I hope you recovered well from the heart attack, that's some sadly serious stuff. Best wishes, and congrats on your future writing career!

((PS: To anyone who wants "More" and doesn't know, there was a fan made "epilogue to the epilogue" that was posted on Failte200's account, which, in my opinion, closed the story even better then this one's ending did. Just thought I'd post that for the people that didn't know!))