Reviews for Creation
lolo popoki chapter 3 . 10/5/2006
Ah, yes... very nice. :D I like the old fashioned setting, and the attention to detail. A "very different Hiko" indeed... yet, not really all that different in some respects :) His exchange with the young girl is so very much like his Meiji counterpart. Well, I look forward to seeing where exactly all these scenarios lead to :) And you're welcome for my attempts at beta-ing ;;
lolo popoki chapter 2 . 10/5/2006
Well, you pretty much already know my opinion on this chapter and the next, but here's a formal review for you. I still really love that chase and rescue scene :D Your descriptive prose really brought the scene out clearly in my mind. Excellent work there. *hugs* The subtle exchange between Kenshin and Hiko was very interesting; I would dearly love to see their thoughts here :)
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
So very sweet, the beginning of this was :) Nice waffy father/son moment there. The contrast between those earlier days and the second half was very striking. Kenji... he sure does become a little punk in his teenage years.
Nekotsuki chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
You have a most unique way of writing; some words are ones I wouldn't use, but seem very appropriate for your style. This one is particularly poignant :) Who cares if it's WAFFy? Hee. Very nicely done. _
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 2 . 10/1/2006
Hiko never changes, does he? Always the terse, insulting and unparalleled master of Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu. You did a good job with his character in this chapter.

The jumps back and forth in time were a bit confusing until I read your hint at the end about the seasons. Once I figured that out it went well. But who were the ninja types? Nasty way to go, but then Hiko never struck me as being the squeamish type when it came to using Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu on people who deserved it!

Can't wait for the next chapter. Good luck on the salvaging!
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 2 . 10/1/2006
Ahh, I liked this chapter quite a lot! Your style is definitely evolving into something quite unique and is a pleasure to read. Your descriptions are beautiful, and I'm shocked that English isn't your native tongue after seeing how well you're using it. ;D I love Hiko, and I love the way you write him, too. Looking forward to reading more of this one! :D Keep it up!
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
Aww, that first scene was very sweet! My only nitpick is that there are a few punctuational choices that I would've made differently (not quite so many commas), but otherwise, the picture of the scene you painted was very beautiful. There's nothing like familial love, I say. :) The last bit has me quite intrigued, and so I shall go on to read the next chapter quite happily. :D
shara gurl chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
Beautifully written as usual, as u must have guessed the waff was my favourite. I really love the way you bring out the horror of kenshin's childhood and then contrast it with how superb keshin wants kenji's to be. (thanks for the first part Kenshin really does deserve it) I Enjoyed the atmosphere change, from the carm of the night to to hussle of dawn and it not a drasctic change either give me the feeling of merging colours.

All in all I adored this "Creatinon" update pls!
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
Sweet. I love the image of Kenshin singing to his son, against a little swirl of painful memories, and the thought that he'd not been sung to this way. A contented, sleepy, and hopeful moment.

Then a shift to an older Kenji. (-shakes head-) Have such mixed feelings for that boy. What might he be up to?
White Rabbit Tale chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
The beginning of this is simply breath-taking. You almost never see a fic that begins with this sort of tone. Soft, loving and beautiful. You have a very descriptive way of writing-it gives a lot of really vivid images.

The tone of the beginning is great, but I also enjoyed as it went on, as short as it was. The end was mysterious in a way...not in a murder film way, in an eery kind of holding-you-breath kind of way.

And never do you loose that wonderful imagery.

This is a well-written, well-received beginning and I can't wait to see more. I will definately be sticking around to see what comes next, after such a powerful introduction.
Jasmine Reinier chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
_ Wow, that was just...wow. You say so much in so few words, it makes my head spin. The imagery itself is fantastic, this ficcie is fantastic, your WORDS are fantastic...awesome job, yet again.

(Baby Kenji. So cute. _;;)

Jazzy
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
What beautiful imagery of Kenshin holding his son. The sense of quiet peace, love and hope just radiate off the page, as Kenshin holds him so lovingly but "... loosely, surely. The child had freedom, to move, to play." You already cast the image that Kenshin will love and protect but give his child room to breathe and discover the world.

I love the way you wrote that second paragraph about Kenshin discovering his singing voice. The idea that "he, too, could create" and the way you highlight yet skip the labor, “his blessing, her curse" convey layers of feelings in a few words. As captivating as the idea of Kenshin singing to his child is, you make it more significant by showing how it seems to release him from the pain of his own past. "He had not heard it [the lullaby] in his childhood, but he heard it, now, because of his child. A contented sigh melted into the soft hum."

What a shift to fast forward from that quiet moment of love and peace to an intense and scowling teenager. I can't wait for more.
anaemicfaeries chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
That was awesome! Beautiful imagery in the first part, with baby Kenji and Kenshin, and the way you wrote it was *so* poignant! It really came across, how much Kenshin loves his son, and the hope he brought into his life...liked how you compared the gi to the sky, clever way to introduce the setting! _ And then the time shift, with teenage Kenji, and you really brought him across very well! Scowls and teen angst, lol. We're glad you're continuing. Update soon!
Esther chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
i loved it...

especially the part abt Kenshin's new gi bein' the colour of the sky beyond the open window...

n

"two hearts beat as one, the son's easing, slowing, the father's swiftly sppeding, in the warmth that was both still new and familiar."

when do i get more of these to read?

keep up the gr8 work,

Es
RK Otaku chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
Ah...though of a few words, very poignant and descriptive...

Kenshin's first days of being a father...the warmth and intimacy in the atmosphere duly captured...his feelings of "belonging" somewhere after a lifetime of searching a home((plus his initial awkwardness at it))- “Us, needs me; we need us”, -probably sums up the whole attitude of this fic...
36 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »