Reviews for My Life
Rae Artemis chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
I haven't cried that hard in a long time! I had to pull my teddy bear off the shelf (I don't often do that either) and cry into him, because this story is goram heart breaking! I mean I guess I always knew Sammy would go back to school but I never thought Dean would be left to do the right thing and drive him there and then not even have his distance father for company! I'll have you know I cried 'like a real person' (you don't know me but I NEVER cry, at least not 'hard' ;p). Great story, well written, wonderfully thought out, and most of all plausible. Good job I must say as heart broken as I am, that was a great read.
dorothy chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
how is sam's "you've got to let me go speech" any more self-centred than Dean's "you've got to stay or else i'll be miserable" thing? it's a two-way street, and if you can't see that you are missing out on a large portion of what makes the relationship so interesting. It's funny, because this was a really good story and you seem to have really captured the complexity of the relationship, particularly where Dean realises that sam can't stay out of a sense of duty or it will poison their relationship, but your critisism of sam undermines this.
X5vale chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
"gasping sobs of grief and despair"

I want to hug Dean so badly right now. I'm sure this is waht he would do in the show if they could stop to hunt...he'd give everything for his little bro and you captured him perfectly. Thank you.
L. C. Brotherton chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Oh, what a satisfying read! You've got a lovely style and the story flowed smoothly with you snagging the characters dead-on.

(If Dean's headed to Cape Girardeau, I'm going to head him off at the Highway 32/Interstate 55 intersection! That boy needs some comfort!)
melissa chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Well done! I would like to see this story go on. I'd hate to think it really ended there.
pizzapixie chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Really well written and deep. John dying in his sleep , hundreds of mourners at his funeral, the brothers quiet grief but acceptance. Well done,but I beg to differ on one point. Is Sam really self centered, or is he human and wanting to spread his wings, as so many of us do, away from the family "business"? I think you need more chapters. I think as much as Sam wants Stanford, he NEEDS Dean more. And Dean needs Sam. Please continue - maybe factor in the desperation that hits them both and the realization that normal for Sam, is really Dean, and has been all along. Thanks.
Ster1 chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Very nicely done! I love the way you explored Dean's psyche; his understanding of both himself and Sam. I do hope you decide to explore this further. It would be interesting to see if Sam really would be as happy in his "normal" existence, now that he's older and not leaving partially in rebellion, as he did for college. And now that he's spent so much time with just Dean, I'm not sure history would repeat itself in quite the same way (despite Dean's fears.) But I could totally see Dean sending Sam off because then it would hurt less than having Sam take the initiative. Again, great job!