Reviews for In the dark watches of the night
Guest chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
I was transported to the ledge and Trath was beside me...very in-the-moment feeling. The piece feels like a prelude to action, something on the horizon about to take place. It's the first story I have read of yours and I admire the descriptive qualities and the total LACK of jarring does-not-belong feeling of some who break canon for the novelty. Novelty wears off and then what's left?

I'll be reading more that's posted and watching for the new! Thanks for spending your time writing.

Pern Dreamer chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
Wow! An engaging story about four boring hours! I love it! But I always love to see what a character is thinking, no matter what he/she is doing or not doing.

Thanks! On to the next one!
RuinofDarkness chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
How very enjoyable. Thank you for the fanfiction.
pamdill chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
I agree with Curious wombat, you have built and interesting character in F'ren, what did he do to cheese of Sh'vek.

Now I am going to read the rest of his stories.
wavesparkle7217 chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Me likes. Okay, getting the "fan-girl gushing" over with: always sweet to see a bronze and his rider! But seriously, this is good writing. Your dialog is excellent, as usual, and you seem to have stayed very well with the topic. Rider on watch hasn't really been done before, and I always wanted a fic about it. Thanx!

Cute the dynamic between the bronze and his green, but I doubt she'll care about how he always has the morning's gossip when she flies!
Morgan5318 chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
"He waited for the first sign of gold rising in the east."

What a beautiful ending, and so poignant. This was another great story, and I really enjoyed reading it. Having just undergone 8 days without power in the dead of winter, I can sympathize with F'ren about the cold. But this was beautifully written, and a sheer pleasure to read. The more I read about F'ren, the more I want to know about him. I really want to see him become a Weyrleader. So much.
Lady Whimsy chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
You did a great jb. I hope you write more.
Au Printemps chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Well written, made interesting. However, the vulgarities are pretty Terran, aren't they?
Rimmersworld chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
You made this story interesting, in the attention to detail.

Your ability to create an additional "picture" or facet of life at the weyr is very good.

Your telling of the story is much like reading Anne McCaffrey herself.

Good job.
Kitsuneko chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
Nice. I love all the little insights into Weyrlife you included that nobody ever seems to think about. I especially liked the images of weyrlings mounting their dragons for the first time. :D
GinaLee chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
Interesting character - what happens next? Thanks for the story!
curiouswombat chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
Thank you. This is a lovely insight into day to day life in the weyr, and just enough to whet the appetite for what makes F'ren a threat to Sh'vek, and leave me wanting more - always the sign of a good writer!
CrossoverQueen chapter 1 . 6/4/2006
This is so fascinating, and yet nothing's happened at all. They're just standing there on the ridge in the dark.

It takes a good writer to pull that off.
lilybee chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
This had better not be a stand alone. For please! tell me what did he do to piss his wingleader off?

Love this. It is so nice to read something that puts the whole place into reality, the boring aspects of weyr life. Though there was nothing remotely boring about this. Knew there was a reason I have you on my author alert, this proves it. Keep up the excellent work.
Mockingbird chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Pretty good. I like the concept. Always did wonder what the watchrider actually did.

It did really have that kind of feel to it, like you didn't know exactly what you were doing, just putting in stuff when you needed something to happen. I could be wrong on this, but it just seemed that way.

But still, well-written, and good idea. I liked it, really.