Reviews for Unravel
Tomorrows Dust chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
Damn, that was unexpectedly good. You blew me away, well done!
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
That was heartbreaking, and so, so beautifully written. I love how you flashed back to Season One, and your interpretation that Marissa was meant for tragedy. I love the subtlety with which you handle Seth's reaction to Marissa's death. Beautiful. This one's going on my faves.
sheelock chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
This is by far the best story post finale I have read so far -definitely captured Seth and Ryan perfectly. Loved it - made me cry!
Aimee5 chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
I can hardly think of a single thing you could do to make this piece the more perfect. You captured the despair and the agony and the helplessness that a situation like Marissa's death brings about, and fairly portrayed all four of the 'core four' in their own ways. I'd love to see a continuation of sorts with Summer, but this is perfect as a stand alone, too, and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
pm153 chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
This is so great. I too was thinking of writing something about Seth's reaction to the whole thing. I think in these cases it is easier to write about those that are affected indirectly rather than directly. I loved the metaphors and the way you got into Seth's head. I can only dream of a scene of Ryan breaking down and Seth comforting him on the show, but of course Josh would never give us anything like that. Your language is so sophisticated and you really touched every angle perfectly. I really really enjoyed this and I hope if you don't continue this story you write something else dealing with the finale since it is such a potentially great topic to write about. Wonderful job :)
ChaseII chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
This was so well done, capturing the stunned and surreal atmosphere after an unexpected and senseless death in all its horror and its heartbreak.

Your protrayal of Seth is gorgeous, with his recognition that he and Marissa were never friends, but that her loss will devastate two people who mean everything to him. This suddenly more mature Seth understands what this will mean for Summer and for Ryan, and I love him here for his determination to somehow pick up as many pieces as he can, even though he realizes things will never be the same.

Ride out the storm indeed - gale forces are coming, I fear. Your protrayal of Ryan's anger and pain and finally his breakdown were riveting, as seen through Seth's eyes.

This was powerful, and moving. Many thanks for a sensitive, thoughtful exploration of those first hours... Beautifully written.
Michelsita chapter 1 . 5/22/2006

I don't really know how to say to you that this was amazing, beyond words perfect. You wrote in those sentences the pain in such a real way, the desperation, the guilt, the anger and the injustice of death. I can't imagine a way to tell anyone that her bestfriend died, there's no perfect sentence which can make the pain more bearable.

Seth is just a kid, they're just kids, there's no way they can be the same after this. And there's nothing you can say and do, becuase nothing can change the cold reality. Maybe he didn't know her so much, but she was still there as an important part of the one's he loves, he loved her too, he still do because she made them happy, he's gonna miss her more than he can predict.

They're all broken, in different ways they all are lacking a piece of themselves, she's gone, and life isn't the same anymore.

Ryan, God..., I can almost see him through your words, trying to stay calm, trying to breath, wishing to be dreaming, and the pain stays with him reminding with every second that he lost her. He's still standing, he seems fine, but he wants to be on the floor pretending that he's dead too, his mind can't stop seeing her, recalling every moment again and again and it's torture and it's her, and she's still all that matters. And he's breaking, and Seth is with him, trying to ease the pain but it hurts so much, and he mumbles things all he can comprehend, he wants Volchok dead he wants to kill him so much, maybe killing him will tame his soul.

They're together, brothers in love and pain, connected by life, doomed by death, trying to just be for a second, but the sobs and the tears are endless.
KJ chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
this was so sad...poor Ryan

great fic
Janer59 chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
wow that was pretty intense but i really like how Seth was there for Ryan and for once Ryan let himself be comforted and cry...he needs to cry to make it through Marissa's death! I
brionyjae chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Wow, this fanfic is wonderfully written - you've really captured the mood/feeling! I love love LOVE it! _ *sigh* That would be so sad if it actually happened - I couldn't even imagine Ryan trying to live after that. Thanx for writing this, you are one of the only fanfic peoples who writes OC stories that I read. _