Reviews for Woof
XTAIGAX chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
I... exploded from cuteness. Not even the "Awww... The cute little puppy was a gift from Raimundo!" It was the "Awww... The cute little puppy could do mass damage and it from Raimundo and it was the only reason Jack liked iiiit!" Nicely done!
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
I love how the utter destruction causes Jack to love the pup.

X3

So Spicer.
JenKristo chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
O.O Jack kicks puppies?

aww! that was so enjoyable. much cuteness!
Shiva's Avatar chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
… I think I was just overloaded with cuteness …

… luckily that’s never been a bad thing for me before *grins*

All in all it was an adorable little ficlet … though there were a few things that caught my eye (for good and ill respectively).

1) Jack getting his own paper. For some reason, I see him as the sort of megalomaniac villain that would send a Jackbot to fetch it for him rather then walk the small way to get it himself. (I know, I know … it’s a minor detail at best … but I think it would make for a cute little interlude to either have a very confused Jackbot bring the puppy to the lab for their initial meeting … or have the puppy rend the normal paper fetching Jackbot, and bury its body as Jack finds out later thus having a reason for the evil genius to go and fetch his own newspaper).

2) Jack is indeed an evil genius … hell, I’ll even give you he’s a proud, archetypal villain … but somehow I just don’t see him as a puppy kicker (that’s less evil and more just pointlessly cruel). I can see him nudging the thing, or tossing it out on its cute curly tail but I don’t see Jack as the type who would resort to such extreme measures at such little provocation.

3) “evil goodness” … I’m sorry, I hated that sentience with a passion. You need to use a different adjective there because that one has too much of a childish feel (you can make it cute without making it juvenile).

4) “let out a swear” … *arches an eyebrow* just make him swear, or rephrase that slightly (its falling into that “childish” rather then “cute” area for me).

5) … fourteen broken Jackbots? *looks confused* I don’t know how that’s caninely possible (maybe throw in a “how”? or lessen the number to a slightly more practical digit?).

6) While we’re on the topic of “cute” vs “childish” … I think your title likewise falls into the latter (though that might just be me … I tend to be nitpicky when it comes to titles)

7) … an evil puppy sent by Raimundo… … … … *breaks down* God, it’s too friggin CUTE. I can SEE Raimundo spanning the globe in search of such a perfect mixture of fur and fury (what else are the golden tiger claws REALLY for? *laughs*). Then the “evil” Jack Spicer crushing the pup in a hug of death (*snickers* ah, a boy and his dog) (and then for some reason I see Jack crafting the poor thing mechanical armor so it can take on Katnappe’s genetically altered super cats … *snickers again*)

… er, achem …

All in all? It was an adorable piece of fluff … great job!

Shiva’s Avatar
Lassenby chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
Omg, that was really cute.
Elizabeth chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
Right.
Solesse chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
Aww, that was so cute! Destructo-puppy _
Timiniminy chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
aw...that was shweet.

...and why not make them like..together?...HM!..

eh. it sounds like a good idea..._
crystalas chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
aww bless! so Raimundo sent the puppy to him as a gift so sweet!
Ikumak chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
An odd couple if I may say but it doesn't bother me at all. I don't see why no one reviewed (as far as I can see) this is very well writen and the puppy is adorable! And Jack seems pretty well in character. I loved this!