Reviews for Uh – No!
jaj chapter 17 . 9/24/2007
Waiting patiently for an update...
forestwife chapter 17 . 8/13/2007
oh no! I was all - yay! - when Robert phoned Jack, but now he's been shot! does nothing EVER go right for Daniel?

update soon!
Malicean chapter 17 . 8/5/2007
So finally they found the right button to push. Good to know the cavalry is already on the move. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Khentkawes chapter 17 . 7/29/2007
I should have known that was too easy. Still, you can't blame a girl for being optimistic. Either way, I didn't quite see this twist coming. Though once again, it makes perfect sense, so I probably should have. Daniel just won't let someone else get hurt because of him. Even if he disliked the person, he would still try to save them, and after all Makepeace has tried to do for him, he probably feels guilty for putting Robert in this position anyway.

Kudos to Makepeace for doing the right thing. Although Jack now has two captives to rescue.

And seriously, what's up with his captors? What exactly do they plan on doing with the documents Daniel translates? It's not like they have access to the Stargate...or do they? Or are they expecting plans for some alien weapon? *sigh* somehow, I just never understand the motives of insane villains. I guess that's because they're insane, isn't it? *grin*

Anyway, I was so happy for an update that I just had to give you a long review to tell you how excited I was. I was sucked in at the beginning and couldn't stop reading. Nice and suspenseful.

Keep writing!
Zuzanny chapter 17 . 7/29/2007
Yay an update! I want Daniel rescued!
Jasmine chapter 17 . 7/29/2007
Oh my goodness! I'm on the edge of my seat, and I can't wait for more! I'm surprised to see Daniel actually cooperating, since in this tale he's been so compltely, beautifully stubborn! But you're so right - Daniel would realize that Makepeace has betrayed the bad guys, and thus is very expendable - in fact, they're more likely to kill him than not. A hostage for Daniel's good behavior is all the value they'd see in Makepeace at this point, so Daniel needs to make them think that their strategy will work in order to keep robert alive. But I'm wondering how he'll keep from giving them any real information. Maybe this first document is militaristically useless, so he can go ahead and translate it correctly? It's very likely that they'd start out with documents that they've really already translated, so they can verify his willingness to do accurate work. I think Daniel would realize this, so I imagine he'd try to do correct work, at least on the first few pieces.

I hope he can hold out and keep Robert alive until Jack comes! So many times, he's been so close to rescue, and yet so far! Maybe today will be Daniel's day - and poor Jack, who must be seething with frustration after so long of not being able to bring his archeologist home! I'm eagerly awaiting the next update!
jaj chapter 17 . 7/28/2007
Yay, I was worried you weren't going to continue. Poor Daniel can't catch a break, can he?
Eve Jackson chapter 17 . 7/28/2007
Damn! Now they know Daniel's weakness! That man and his humanity always gets him into trouble!

Still great!

MORE MORE MORE

Eve
Nighshae chapter 17 . 7/28/2007
Good chapter, very, very good chapter... More?
Zuzanny chapter 16 . 7/18/2007
I really enjoy Daniel's voice in this fic. His sarcasm makes me laugh. (Definitely been hanging with Jack too long ;P). I await the next part. :)
forestwife chapter 16 . 7/17/2007
Another great chapter! I love the way that Daniel completely has the upper hand in that he can hurt them, and they can't hurt him... and he knows it!

update soon!
Malicean chapter 16 . 7/17/2007
“Don’t let the glasses and the preferred pacifist tendencies fool you, gentlemen. I’ve been training with Jack and Teal’c for four years now. Admittedly, every one of you is more than a match for me, but I have the advantage. You need to keep me alive and undamaged.”

You go guy! Worse than herding cats, that archeologist.

Great mix of humour and action!
Jasmine chapter 16 . 7/17/2007
Another awesome chapter! I love Daniel - that was such a Daniel thing to do, when you had him give a warning that he could and would kill someone. I still think it'd take more provocation to get him to actually kill (like, serious threat to his life or threat of permanent debilitating injury... or perhaps belief that someone was truly evil, like a sadist/rapist/murderer - how he feels about the goauld, basically). But if he were even getting close to frustrated enough to do serious harm to somebody, I definitely think he'd try to warn them first, even if that puts them on their guard and makes it much harder for him to eventually harm them.

That is one thing I might disagree with - Daniel's certainly smart enough to know that it's to his advantage for them to underestimate him. So maybe he would have reminded Travis that he's trained by Jack and Tealc, but I don't know if he would have reminded the whole group of guys that. If they think he's a wimp, incapable of doing real harm to them, then they're less likely to use their full force to subdue him, and less likely to be fully on guard around him. Still, his morals might have outweighed his sense of strategy - if he really is psyching himself up to kill in order to get free, maybe he'd feel the need to warn them of it, in hopes that one of the grunts might cave and do the right thing (i.e. try to free him, or anonymously contact the SGC). That is Daniel's style, since he holds onto hope that people will follow their better nature, long after others might have written people off.

One more thing about strategy. Wouldn't it have been smarter for him to pretend to cooperate, leave the ankle thing on, and wait until he has an opportunity to escape (like, if they start to let him out on the grounds), and THEN break the ankle cuff? By breaking it immediately, he's given them more proof of his ingenuity, and pretty much convinced them that they can't trust the cuff (or anything else) to restrain him, so they might be keeping even closer guard over him. But his principles are very important to him, so I can see where you're coming from, that he'd want to just get it off - and maybe that worked better, since they're leaving it off. No way to know until we see how any future escape attempts pan out.

Poor Makepeace, and poor Daniel! The two of them are really struggling in their interactions - sorta-friendship, but questioning eachothers loyalties and stepping on eachothers toes! I was cringing through the last bit ("too bad you f*d everything up" - Oops!) - what a great job you did of capturing the two of them!

And haha - since Daniel admitted to playing possum, now Travis knows that Daniel overheard Conners call Travis expendable - I can totally picture Daniel gloating about that over the next few days, LOL!

Anyways, thanks for the update! And I'm looking forward to more!
Khentkawes chapter 15 . 7/17/2007
Hm... well I wonder what did happen downstairs. Once again, the plot thickens.

I love the way you portray Makepeace. He actually has a sense of humor, and he seems so conflicted, sometimes believing that the people he works for are decent, and yet still believing Daniel.

Travis I'm not so sure about. He keeps me guessing because I never know what he's going to do.

But all of your characters are interesting and I just love to see how they interact. post more soon.
Nighshae chapter 16 . 7/17/2007
Jack's definately right about Daniel getting people mad at him... He's got 'Snake baiting' down to an art form, doing the same to humans is definately easier...

Great work here, I really, really am enjoying this story... :D
106 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »