Reviews for Uh – No!
Jeanny chapter 15 . 7/16/2007
Ack! Jack's stuck off world and Daniel's situation doesn't seem to be getting any better...what will they do if his health continues to deteriorate, I wonder? Since they don't want to hurt him and all...hm...
Zuzanny chapter 15 . 7/16/2007
OMG, did Makepeace kill Travis? I suppose that's one less guard if he did. And if he did, what will he tell Daniel, and how will Daniel react?

Alos, will Daniel get news that SG1 is off world and doing treaties in a way that would upset him?

*SQUIRMING ON SEAT!* I want to know what happens next!
forestwife chapter 15 . 7/16/2007
great chapter
Jasmine chapter 15 . 7/15/2007
This is fascinating! I love the intricacy of Daniel's response... on one hand, he's trying to provoke Travis into bullying him (for sympathy from Makepeace, and maybe that librarian lady, soon), yet he's also playing up his injuries to Travis, some (you said he bent stiffly to pick up the remote, making his injury obvious). Travis did seem to feel guilty for hurting Daniel, so I'd think that Daniel playing up any injury in his presence would make him less likely to hurt Daniel further (thus unlikely to give him some bruises that would earn sympathy from Makepeace). But maybe Daniel wants Travis' guilt, too - either hoping to sway him eventually, or hoping to keep him from getting too angry and hurting Daniel too much, down the line.

Anyhow - it certainly worked with Makepeace - Daniel didn't even have any concrete evidence, but just an implication of abuse sent Robert off to defend him to Travis. I hope that doesn't come back to bite Daniel in the butt - like, if Travis convinces Makepeace that Daniel was crying wolf, and Makepeace stops believing Daniel (even if the abuse gets worse). Or, if Travis just gets angrier, and decides to hurt Daniel in other ways (restricted freedom, denied access to the library, etc).

At the moment, things seem to be looking up - the librarian lady seems potentially sympathetic (maybe Daniel could convince her to place a call to O'Neill, if he convinces her that it's cruel to make his friends worry that he might be captured by enemies or killed. He could play up the fact that the last Jack knew, Daniel was held by hostile Russians - so of course it stands to reason that all of Daniel's friends are worried sick about him.) Also, with access to the library, I imagine that Daniel won't be too bored - he is the type to be able to spend hours or days on end, enjoying research. As much as he might resent the enforced vacation, I think he'd appreciate having mythology and language reference texts to read - he really does love learning, and he'll be able to convince himself that more knowledge means he'll be better able to do his job, once he gets free.

I wonder if you're going to do anything with the minor plot point about Daniel memorizing gate addresses while he was with the russians. You mentioned it (that he was careful to read and take mental note of addresses, even as he refused to translate or help their efforts), and I thought it was a pretty smart thing to do. Did he learn anything really important? I also wonder if he might do the same thing here (not just spending his time reading unclassified reference texts, but also learning from their classified "files" - translating in his head, but without sharing what he learns, to further his own knowledge and be future help to the SGC).

Can't wait for more!
Nyx Ro chapter 15 . 7/15/2007
Poor Daniel! Though I could ALMOST feel sorry for Travis, thinking he's going to get Daniel to give in. But under the circumstances, I'm looking forward to having him face to face with an irate Jack, Sam, and Teal'c dressed in black BDUs and carrying P-90s.

That pervy Gregor either put something bad on Daniel's wounds or didn't treat them properly because his mind was on copping a feel, didn't he?

Please write more!
Jeanny chapter 14 . 7/15/2007
So glad you updated this! I love when Daniel is feisty and stubborn. Seems like he might push Travis too far, though...
jaj chapter 14 . 7/15/2007
Yay! Thanks for updating. Can't wait to see what's next. One question? Shouldn't Daniel's back still be giving him a lot of trouble? Or am I forgetting how much time has passed?
forestwife chapter 14 . 7/15/2007
great chapter! update soon
Khentkawes chapter 14 . 7/14/2007
Yay! nice to see this update. Yes, Daniel is definitely stubborn (and resourceful...I mean seriously, the soap dish?), but I love watching him antagonize his captors. And maybe Maybourne and Makepeace will do something to get Daniel out of there... eventually.
Nighshae chapter 14 . 7/14/2007
I have the feeling that someone's reading of Daniel's file was 'Civilian consultant. Okay, he's harmles.'. They obviously didn't read many of the details...

Great story, glad to see you working on it again. :D Can't wait to see the next chapter!
Jasmine chapter 14 . 7/14/2007
Yay! So happy to see an update! I LOVE your daniel! Not one to get defeated - even when he woke up from being drugged, he went straight into turning it to his advantage - taking the pain and breaking the cuff, using any tools available to escape. And his up and slugging Travis was just beautiful. I almost pity poor travis - makepeace wouldn't let him hit back, so the sucker's just stuck trying to contain the irrepressible Daniel Jackson, without much means of retaliation. Hehehe. Of course, you have such talent for angst, that I bet Travis will come up with something unpleasant in an attempt to control our favorite archeologist. I can't wait for more!
Jasmine chapter 13 . 7/11/2007
I loved your story, Interchangeable, so much that I decided I absolutely had to read the rest of your fic! I just reached the current end of Uh No!, and I adore it! This is an amazing story - you capture Daniel's frustration so well in both prisoner-Daniel fics, and it's fun to compare him in each.

In Interchangeable, you crafted a Daniel who had experienced abuse and was forced to restrain himself in order to avoid Jack's (and later, Hammond's) cruelty while he was at their mercy. In this story, it's a delight to read a more forceful Daniel - he's not holding back much, and he's determined to convince these guys that it's not worth it to keep him. I guess since he knows they value him on some level, he's not too worried about being killed and replaced in their schemes. It's just fascinated to compare the different captive situations, and his reactions in them. And in this fic, he was held captive by three different groups, which he's reacting differently to, as well.

I very much appreciate your level of detail in all your works. You're a joy to read, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, hoping for an update to this story!
Eve Jackson chapter 13 . 7/5/2007
I'll be looking forward to more! :) I've sat down and read this in one sitting. And I have an attention span of a 2 year old so that's really saying something! :)

Eve
Zuzanny chapter 13 . 6/23/2007
ARGH! INEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! I want Daniel to escape. His situation seems so hopeless right now... Please please please write the next part soon!
jaj chapter 13 . 5/31/2007
I hate waiting for your chapters, so please update soon!
106 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »