Reviews for Fragility
CaptMacKenzie chapter 6 . 11/24/2009
This is my favorite, by far. You do such a good job writing from the perspective of a 5-yr-old, I almost want to ask (suspiciously) how old you REALLY are! LOL Logan's reaction to all this was heart-meltingly sweet, and also Hank's. A nicely satisfying ending, but not made predictable b/c of that paragraph or two of uncertainty at the start of the closing chap. I love this OC! Well done all around!
Kira chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
I really like this story; I've read it somewhere around six different times, and it just gets better.

I really wish you would write some more with Shandra, I find the idea of a six year old at Xaviers entertaining :)
Auua Ytjoml chapter 6 . 7/8/2009
This story was so touching! The begining of ch 6 made me think that Shandra had died. I'm glad she didn't. please write more about Shandra.

Auua
grumpypirate chapter 6 . 6/3/2009
Absolutly Adorable. Shandra is an extremly cute child especially when calling Hank Dr. Grover and her interactions with Mr. Logan. Very sweet.
kittenkatpaw chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Hi there! Let me start by getting this out of the way- I hate kids. ;D I want you to know this so you understand what a good job you did in making Shandra both accessible and sympathetic. I rarely find things on ffn that I want to read all the way to the end, and I did with this story. I do have a critique-y thing to offer, but it's very much a stylistic thing; there's not a right and wrong to it, just opinion. :) I found the opening of the last chapter rather disingenuous...leading the reader to believe that Shandra is dead, then- "oh, no, she's flying around the backyard and getting into trouble!" strikes me as cliche. Again, this is totally just my opinion! But for me, it lessened the overall impact of the story, which otherwise shows tremendous care and sincerity. I don't want this to sound harsh- I actually intend the critique to be a compliment. I don't bother critiquing unless I feel like a story, and its author's efforts and ability, are worth it.

And I have to particularly note this line: "He gets a real funny look on his face then, like he almost wants to cry but doesn’t know how to do it"...that's a wonderfully brief but insightful glimpse of Wolverine (so is the tense exchange with Beast over the straps on the vertical gurney). You also did a FANTASTIC job of voice characterization- during the conversation at the beginning of ch 2, for example, you could drop every identifier and still know exactly who speaks each line. I particularly admire that ability because I'm terrible at it. :
aSqueeintheDistance chapter 6 . 1/11/2009
Aw. All I can say is that this entire story is just perfect.

luv

squee
Beth chapter 6 . 12/31/2007
This was so good! Oh, I love it! You kept them all in character, wrote an intelligent plot, and created a sweet, adorable character! Good job! Please continue to write, because this is one of the best fan fictions that I have ever read. (I was especially blessed by the respect that you gave to Kurt's faith and character.) Thank you.
BlackDewInTheMorning chapter 6 . 11/6/2007
This is such a sweet, beautiful story. Thanks for sharing!

BlackDew
Verity Kindle chapter 6 . 8/14/2007
Oh, thank God. what a sweet story. )
Verity Kindle chapter 4 . 8/14/2007
Logan snorted. “Yeah, speaking of which – if you really feel like you gotta sneak beer into the school fridge this time, at least don’t make it cheap beer.”

Marie slapped his arm. “Hey, it was your personality doing the shopping.”

“My personality doesn’t drink Coors Light.” Logan replied gruffly. He squeezed her hand lightly and then let it drop. “Good luck, kid.”

BWAH!
Verity Kindle chapter 3 . 8/14/2007
Aww! I like the Kurt/Ororo discussion very much
trecebo chapter 6 . 6/20/2007
Good going at the beginning. You keep it vague as to whether she survives and it really works to your benefit. This is one of the better stories out there, a good character study, if you will.
trecebo chapter 5 . 6/20/2007
Okay. You had me tearing up at the end of that. You brought the tension up beautifully, and all from the girl's POV. Just magnificent!
trecebo chapter 4 . 6/20/2007
Nice convo. Really BIG needles are not a good thing. I know. OUCH!
trecebo chapter 3 . 6/20/2007
Well, you have an excellent grasp of the characters thus far, and I am just taking it all in.

You have Kurt so perfectly done. He is solid in his faith and not afraid to talk about it, while Ororo is afraid. A good juxtipostion.

Well done.