Reviews for Ronin
Iron Reaver chapter 10 . 12/1/2006
So, I had sat down, a cup of sprite and a sandwich in hand, turned on my computer, and checked my story alerts; was fairly surprised when I saw Ronin had been updated so soon...

And then I saw Sion. Now, my nice monitor is obeying my thirst. That was good. That was real good. And, as usual, brings up more questions than it answers. Secrets of the Magi...? I'll assume this at least in a small-big way goes hand in hand what you said about getting to the explanation of Arcana...but Sion? And this darkened, completely inexistent room filled with hypothetical people? And this...Evolution? And the Womb? It'll all come together in Full Spectrum SeeD...excellent. And what about what you said about this not concluding Seifer's story arc...? Another Ronin-esque story is going to come into play?
Queen000 chapter 10 . 12/1/2006
Oh you ass!

How the fuck did he survive that fight against Squall in Full Spectrum SeeD? And it's kinda obvious that his vendetta isn't exactly with SeeD, but with SeeD's leader?

I suppose this means that Seifer and Squall will both cross paths in this future story line. I'm so hoping that Nicholai will be a great asset... I always did like him (by the way, nice one, killing off Enrico the way you did).

Though now you've got me really curious - about Seifer's mother, Kathryn, and the little girl in Auburn street.

I suppose my questions will have to wait for their answers, right? since after all, it is a secret. :P

ciao *waves*

Tain Shari chapter 10 . 11/30/2006
A very intriguing chapter!

So this group is responsible for the dud bomb in Dollet. And damn, Sion's still alive! Wonder he managed that. Bones being alive was completely expected though.

I can see why you waited til now to release this chapter. A lot of very interesting revelations.
Kolostramin Indincranin chapter 9 . 11/3/2006
Firstly, I'd like to say I hate, utterly hate, those damned people that won't die. Bones is horrifying, but at the same time he's morbidly funny. He won't die, he wont' die...dammit, he WON'T DIE! There is a uniqueness about this sort of character which lends itself to a certain personality.

So, this chapter leaves only mystery...and Bones. And I still have no real idea as to what might happen. No doubt I'll find out.

JadeAlmasy chapter 9 . 11/3/2006
Wow so sorry that it took me forever to read and review! but it was worth the wait!

Damn Bones just needs to stay dead, but then agian what fun would that be?

Sevejar Locke chapter 9 . 10/30/2006
Again, thanks for notifying me, despite the fact that I did not see the email until 30 minutes before I started writing this. Damn network companies. Anyhow, full of action and fair vengeance Seifer seems to be, oh Jedi master, and that's good. All's that's not good is the repeating of some expressions (such as "behind him, this happened" and again, in the same page, "behind him, Hyperion..."), which is not neccesserily bad, so all in all?

9 out of 10, my good sir.

Also, nice one on keeping Bones seemingly alive. Because the world needs more psychos like him.
Queen000 chapter 9 . 10/28/2006

there's not very much to actually say about this chapter; that three letter word above is pretty much all i can say to describe it.

Still, with Bones unable to actually _die_, there's a chance that Seifer hasn't seen the last of his younger half-brother.

Love the dog command though; "Stay". lol

Sorry it's taken me so long to actually review; I haven't had much time to actually sit down and read, since I've been working and looking for a second job (yeah, I'm crazy, I know).

Update this story soon; as I'm fairly cerain that it will be the final chapter (or not - you could surprise me yet again).

ciao *waves*

Blue chapter 9 . 10/27/2006
Wicked awesome chapter man. Though I do question Seifer's logic a bit. He's seen that most substantial damage he can do to Bones won't hurt him. I question his sanity when he waltzes up to him with no real plan. I mean, even if he thought injuries like decapitation would kill Bones, it just didn't seem smart. Bones has already proven to be a dangerous opponent. My only thought about this chapter. Other than was gruesome ) In a good way. Keep up the good work man, can't wait for the rest.
Iron Reaver chapter 9 . 10/26/2006
Well...this one was explosive, to be blunt. How many concussive shells did Seifer go through? The Metal Gear Solid scenes were present, although, daresay I detected a hint of Sam Fisher? Nah. 'Course not. Now, I think I made mention of this before, but Bones reminds me an awful lot like a certain crazed U.R.T.V from Xenosaga, one with his ultimate telemerase deal going on. You know, Albedo. I figure you're familiar with Xenosaga, especially if you've been chattin' with Daniel, but this is seemling more and more...connected. And the 'she' he mentioned...perhaps everyone's favorite flaming spectre...Kathryn?
Frytas-90 chapter 9 . 10/26/2006
Bones just can't die yet, can he? I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. but seriously? A head being blown apart, and the owner still living? It was way too much for me. I've seen the effect of getting hit in the head with a .45 USP and that ain't pretty. Nevertheless, still great chapter
Deus Ex Sub Ubi chapter 9 . 10/25/2006
Finally! Seifer gets to give alittle back to community, so to speak. Excellent chapter!

And 'she' won't let Bones die. Now, theres a whole lotta shes out there, does this mean mommy dearest, or some other, possibly evil-er she, like a sorceress she.

Yaknow, Bones was probably gave himself that nickname, he was probably born Ernest or something equally unthreatening, and thus needed to compensate.

Keep up the excellent work.
Tain Shari chapter 9 . 10/24/2006
I can just imagine the last scene with Seifer heading towards the camera, the oil rig burning and Johnson's boat exploding in the background. A very, very cool scene.

Will we be seeing the last of Bones here, I wonder? I have a feeling we'll be seeing him again in some form.
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 9 . 10/24/2006
You spelled 'and' wrong near the beginning of the story. Spelled it ans. So anyway. Bones? Inspiration from Albedo from Xenosaga? And um... Yeah. Scary.

Speaking of scary, why does hate? All I want is my author alerts?

And, now random quote from me RP'ing.

"I'm. Shooting. You. With. Bullets."
Sudentor chapter 8 . 9/28/2006
Hm. I had actually been referenced here by a friend, who was impressed by your "Gunblade Saga". Guess I ended up reading this as well.

Seifer probably is my favorite character in Final Fantasy VI, or at least one of my favorites (alongside Laguna, anyways), so this was a pleasure to read, seeing Seifer in the aftermath in Final Fantasy VI. For one thing, I am quite glad that you've portrayed Seifer in a quest for self-discovery, rather than have him waltz back into Garden and have him forgiven by everyone after one or two fiascos, as most fics seem intent on doing (happy endings are overrated, although I admit I like them, moreorless). It's much more realistic, original, and a very interesting read, all in all.

While I suspected as much, the title of this story being "Ronin" and all, Japanese themes here were very evident, if only because Japanese names appeared here and there, and the gangs around here seemed more Eastern-ized than what I would expect from a "Western" Galbadia (although, honestly, Japan derived the concept of modern gangs from the west to fit their "yakuza", so, somehow, I'm not too surprised). While I don't have too much to say to that, it seems that Japanese themes are used way too often lately, so you may want to consider where to draw the line.

All in all, though, it's a pretty good read. Keep us posted.
NoliansStorms chapter 8 . 9/26/2006
First off, thank you for the personal alert message. I don't like to miss even one day on your new chapters.

As for the chapter itself, I am greatly intrigued by your ability to blend quite a few different story lines from different games into something truly unique.

I anxiously await the next chapter.
124 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »