Reviews for Ronin
Viewtiful-E chapter 8 . 9/25/2006
This was a good one, maybe I'm a wimp but I can't help but find that hospital to be spooky, kind of creepy if you ask me. I can just imagine the place and the way you actually have Seifer... of all people somewhat scare or nervous just really gets to me, good job on that.

The only thing I didn't like was the first flash back and the connection between the Kathryn, Bones and Seifer. It worked out great with the plot but I just don't like it for some odd reason, it'll probably grow on me though.

On a final note... this fic managed to grab my attention over everything else I was doing, keep up the amazing work like always.
Queen000 chapter 8 . 9/24/2006
First, I'd like to say thanks for the heads up - I had company over so I couldn't get anywhere near my computer until they left, and then I recieved the notification from ffnet. I'm touched that you thought of me though.

Now, onto the review.

I loved this chapter. Of course there really was no action, but there really was no need for it. You did an outstanding job with the mystery and the like, but I think you spoiled the surprise of Kathryn and her connection to Seifer with the beginning blog. Of course, you might not have wanted to leave us in the dark for once (for which I'm grateful), but thinking about it I'd say it was pretty obvious about what's going on so there was no need to hide it with indepth suspence and the like.

So, Bones and Seifer are half brothers and there's a little girl floating around in the mix as well. I never would have guessed. The only objection I have is that Seifer was born December 23 rather than the 12 (it says so in the booklet for the game), but that's only an insignificant tidbit in comparison to the big picture.

So my guess is that the little girl is either a representation of Kathryn's mental state before she eventually died, or the little half sister wanting to protect her big brother, since of course Seifer is the eldest of the three - as it stands of course.

Though I never would have suspected that Seifer was directly related to a Sorceress. Guess that goes to show that there could have been more than just Edea hiding out. It also explains why Edea was sought out in the beginning sequence - because she was a Sorceress and would sorta be something that would connect him to his mother, even if she wasn't the one directly raising him of course.

Still, what was done to Kathryn is kinda sad - the fact that she was forced to reproduce and not allowed the gift of seeing any of her children is saddening (for lack of a better word). I hope that Kathryn unleashed her rage a thousand fold on those bastards before she died (if she is died... that's all speculation of course).

And since Seifer has a rather grusome gardian angel (not saying I don't like the blood boiling part ), I'd say Johnson and anyone else who wants to fuck with this ex-Knight better run for the hills... careful though - they might have eyes.

I know... bad joke (The Hills Have Eyes, get it? it's a movie in case you don't :P).

Well, I hope you update this and FullSpectrum SeeD very soon, and I hope that you enjoyed the last installment of Day of Disaster.

Iron Reaver chapter 8 . 9/24/2006
I had to go over this chapter a few times just to make sure that I understood just what I was reading; this is seriously like a trip in and out of Silent Hill. I liked especially the additions to Seifer's past, mostly because it was unexpected, but the unexpectedness of it really make it that much better. I dunno what it is about Ronin, but the way you've written it makes it simply...I suppose the word that best fits is awesome. It inspires awe in the fullest sense of the word, but it also incites fear - fear of what's just around the corner, the next chapter, the next fight. I like it.
hominesnocturne chapter 8 . 9/23/2006
gawd, your getting better with each story. now, if you would only keep writing mako...
JadeAlmasy chapter 8 . 9/23/2006
Awesome chapter! wow so Seifer is the child of a Sorceresse, that also has Bones a brother and sister, which sounds like Ellone. Never would have thought that. I cant wait to read more. i want to see what happens when Bones and Seifer meet up again!

Deus Ex Sub Ubi chapter 8 . 9/23/2006
I'm still lacking any clue as to what the subtle crossover here is, but otherwise, awesome chapter.
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 8 . 9/23/2006
It was worth a bit of a wait, and now I'm curious. I know that one of the three has to be Seifer, the other is probably that Bones guy.. but who's the third... hm. *slow clap*
Frytas-90 chapter 8 . 9/23/2006
Grat chapter Mr Peptuck. You're a madman with a pen, and as I said in my profile, a madman with a pen is more dangerous than a madman with AK 47
Sevejar Locke chapter 8 . 9/23/2006
For starters, letting me know was a gesture much appreciated. The chapter turned out to be fine; not overly dramatic, as I would have expected, and not action packed... Probably because Hell's waiting to be unleased in the next chapter, eh? Anyway. The plot's turning out to be really interesting, with games such as Fear getting placed in, and ideas that would make Les Enfants Terrible and Final Fantasy 7 proud - yes, that's a good thing.

Now that I've looked into it, I have to ask; in a sense, Bones is Hollowed Ichigo from Bleach? He has the insanity (and probably the power), and the description fits him... Which reminds me, perhaps having the ex-knight mention a "wtf" sort of thing when the good old doctor started mentioning the possibility of Bones being his... Brother(?) would be a nice addition. Then again, I've been known to not make correct assumptions on other people's works, so I'm just saying.

Keep it up, Peptuck.
Blue chapter 8 . 9/23/2006
Woo, okay, didn't expect Kathryn to be his mom O.O That was a way cool chapter. Nothing like climbing to the top of the world to fall back down huh? I expect things will get a little more itneresting. Answers are kewler than action scenes sometimes ) I'm not sure about something though, the revelation lacked a 'punch' of sorts. Like, when you did these things in Chimera, I could really feel the impact. I'm not sure what it is, but this was slightly less 'wow-worthy'. Don't get me wrong though, it was still a great chapter. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I was studying history before I started reading haha XD Anyway, I'm sorry I can't pinpoint exactly what it was that made this different / All the luck with writing!
Tain Shari chapter 8 . 9/23/2006
Thanks for telling me, I didn't know that the email system is down. . Darn it, now I have to go check all the other fics I'm watching if there's an update I missed.

This is a very interesting chapter. Answering some questions, but leaving still quite a few unanswered.

As always, looking forward to the next! .
CaptainSkittlez chapter 8 . 9/22/2006
Heh, thanks for telling me. I should check the other stories I'm listed to as well. Hmm, anyway, back to the truely important matter; Chapter 8! Wow, I thought this chapter was actually really powerful. And although it had a distinct lack of physical action, there was a lot of mental challanges, that I personally enjoyed.

Although there is one thing I'm confused about... Seifer Almasy... Bodyguards?

Haha, nah, I'm just kidding. Even a bad-ass like Seifer can do with someone watching his back. Though everyone seems really focused on Fujin right now, Raijin seems to have been forgotten about XD Will we be seeing much of Fujin's brother for the rest of the fic?

Anyway, another great chapter. Keep up the good work, man.
Blue chapter 7 . 9/18/2006
Ah, blood violence and gore. Damn, that was sweet ) I absolutely adored every bloody moment of it. SeeD had my spine tingling. I hope you take less time to get the next chapter out. Nothing much to say, cause I loved virtually every aspect of it. Couldn't think of a thing to make it better . So, good luck writing. I'll be around~ D
Sevejar Locke chapter 7 . 9/14/2006
Good job on the chapter, Peptuck. You're still full of surprises. Not much to comment on this one, I'm afraid. But!

I did find out where you took the girl idea from, though; Fear.

That's the videogame, isn't it? Please answer, I need my quriosity to be squelched.
Kolostramin Indincranin chapter 7 . 9/12/2006
I see now what you meant when you said this was set in an alternate reality. As for Bones...there was always something weird about that name. He's not a GF, obviously. No, he's probably got something else, which you'll no doubt reveal later.

I like the additions of other languages into the work; they give it a flavor of authenticity which most stories concerning the Orient lack-because the authors don't have a clue about the language.

SeeD gives anyone with money an excuse to call in the big guns. It's rather unfair for the bad guys, actually...

I particularly liked Bones running away; it's not often you see that in a story. That was the closest I came to laughing: it's disgusting humor, but funny nevertheless.

Awaiting the next chapter,