Reviews for They Are
Shelomit chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
This serves not only as a study of the characters in question but as a study of characterization. You seem to have hit upon the exact combination of things that best define a person, an odd combination of the general with the specific and the unusual with the mundane that somehow amalgamate into the intrinsic matter that makes someone who they are.

Perhaps it's because I'm an academic, but I was particularly pleased by the sentence "The lightsaber bits are by far his favorite part of being a Jedi, although he might even admit to liking research too, under certain circumstances."
Nelarun chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
I loved this! It was just wonderful to read. I particularly loved the part where Dooku spoke to the Pirates. That was most Dookuish.

Gyreflight chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
I really enjoyed this. The form works beautifully, but it’s the writing that makes it stick in my mind, a rare, deft mix of action, image, phrase and character that all comes perfectly together in the mind’s eye.

The after-image of this will stay with me for a while – I already know I’ll want to come back to it again, and am very glad to have found it, however late in the day.

Lovely piece of writing.

Thanks for the read.

zedille chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Very nicely done; this reminds me of Matthew Stover's present-tense bits in the RotS novelization...

Will be reading more of your work.
Jinngerbread chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
Marvelous marvelous vignette, I forgot how much I enjoyed this one :D
Athena Leigh chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
History has an awfully familiar sounding voice. Lol, the "lightsaber bits." The rock! What a team, this is still as good as the first time. Nice action, but lots of internal stuff and description and... stuff. It all blends together in a really good story. As yours always are! I love me the pre-JA!
helgaleena chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
This is a good one. It's got nice lyrical language and imagery.

Dooku young and laughing- a great building's cornerstone.
Dancing-Pinky-Flower chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
I put you on Author alert and...Voila! I read it. I love it lots and you sent me...'Reeling' as one of my own reviewers said. Its Beautiful.
Writer117 chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
This is a great piece. I love the interaction between Dooku and Qui-Gon. The end line- "Because, for now, for them, everything else is unwritten."- is just enough angst to haunt the reader. Excellent job.
Llewellyn McEllis chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
I thought this was fantastically written, a very realistic portrait of how Qui-Gon and Dooku's relationship could have been before Dooku, well, we all know what happened to him. You used so many great scenarios and details. Well done!
Cael Fenton chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
You already know what I think of this, Jess, but I thought I'd add a few more thoughts.

It's a nice change to see such a purely joyous fic for once. I've been digging through a veritable mountain of angsty fic recently [and writing even more of it!] reading this was like breath of fresh air. You proved that sometimes we don't need conflict and pain to be pleasured, just childlike happiness in the moment. And that beauty can be the highest truth.
Cka3ka chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
Great insight on how Dooku and Qui-gon relate to each other. Its particularly neat in thinking that one day Qui-gon will be this great Jedi who gives himself up in the fight against the Sith, whereas his master becomes one... ahh the twists and turns of life.

Great work,

Master Tenaty chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
Awesome! Pretty accurate description on Qui-Gon. "But you look like a street urchin!" Good stuff. I can imagine Qui-Gon with long hair in his eyes like that.
Scribe of Anadril chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
Wow, that was so cool! It would be like Qui-Gon to 'carry around a bloody rock!' Another wonderful story!