Reviews for Starting from Scratch
Matthew chapter 10 . 7/14
I don't think you know what anxious, anxiously, anxiety etc. actually means. It doesn't mean excited or looking forward to something, it is actually a negative emotion that means nervous or shy.
FAIRY4LIFE chapter 3 . 7/13
I really liked your fight scene it was detailed and I understood what was going on!
ExBlazE chapter 1 . 2/7
Concept is nice. Everything else about this is bad, very bad. And this is not a flame. I don't even know you, for that matter.
Some people simply can't help it. I'm sure you've heard of OCD at this point so I won't go into a rant about that but your AN on the first chapter made it sound like some people had a choice with how they are. If they have OCD they can't just skim through those chapters. I'm not actually diagnosed with OCD but I have my moments where I can't stand imperfections. But I'm more tolerant to mistakes because I know I can't do much better. As long as the story is better written later on I can turn a blind eye to the Grammer mistakes but I will advise you fix them for some people Diagnosed with OCD who can't choose to tolerate them like I can.

I'm not trying to grill you just trying stop a potential disaster before it happens.

I don't want to sound like a know-it-all but to get what you call a flame, and what I call constructive criticism, then go back and stereotype everyone that is OCD that does it a perfectionist that thinks there better than everyone else, is simply an asshole move and insulting to everyone who thinks the way I do.

I don't want to sound like an ass, nor do I like saying things like this. But when I read comments like that. Comments that target specific groups of people that have no say in how they are really burns me up.

I'll even go so far as to say it's very hypocritical if you take a good look at the protagonist of your story and his background history. A story is only as good as the hand that writes it. That much is true, but if you don't have an emotional connection with your characters it takes value away from the story. It isn't as honest.

I apologise if you take this the wrong way. I just don't like it when people are stereotyped without a good valid reason.
blankblank37 chapter 27 . 6/14/2016
Looking forward for your newest chapters. Update soon!
blankblank37 chapter 27 . 6/14/2016
Hoping that you'll post your newest chapters soon. I like your story.
XxElementalStormxX chapter 1 . 5/3/2016
COol so far
coolchick87 chapter 27 . 3/29/2016
I love your story please update it real soon. Thanks.
Tiamac7 chapter 1 . 11/19/2015
Okay good idea but not so good execution. Instead of reading like a story it resembles a bullet-point report. That makes it jarring to read. It should flow smoothly from point A to B instead of stop and go.
Next Naruto's interaction with the fox. Why does it go from 'why are you visiting' to 'sure I'll help'.
Plot point - how is Kakashi going to be able to teach during the day and run missions at night. Unless he's only doing a couple of hours at each job he'll soon be a zombie and pretty useless at both jobs.
Apolaki chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
Reading the A/N at the very beginning, i was a little apprehensive at first, but a little optimistic. I've encountered enough stories that were well written, but had a few grammatical errors that weren't even worthy of notice. So i continued to read... And then cringed. You see, it's not just the spelling, although there were very few that would have elicited such a reaction. It's everything!

Let's start, i advocate showing instead of telling in stories, but the first chapter is basically just an outline. It doesn't have any kind of character or plot development at all. Won't believe me? This is how it goes: naruto & sasuke fight, sakura hurts naruto's feelings, thr villagers are assholes, kakashi and tsunade are decent human beings, naruto leaves. Oh and he can apparently talk to kurama civilly.

That is it. That is the whole chapter right there. Where was the plot development? Or the character development? Where was the actual effort into writing this story?

It isn't all that surprisng that you got flamed for the first seven chapters of the story if they were all like chapter 01. I'd probably say that you still need a lot of room for improvement, but i won’t say that now. Why? Because of that A/N right at the beginning. Yeah, you got flamed, you're entitled to get mad about that, but what did you do about it?

NOTHING.

Did you try to go over your work and improve upon it? NO! The flames, as unhelpful they may be, should have been an indicator that there was something wrong with your work, but instead of putting in the effort to improve your writing what did you do? You whined about the flames on the first chapter, flames that you deserve for the amount of effor you put into writing this story!

You claim that you were in middle school when you started and that you were in hs the moment you wrote the A/N, yeah, like that was a big improvement. You need to retool your thinking because you're not displaying a lot maturity by whining about it.

You should have let your writing do the talking for you, by learning from the burns and the mistakes and making sure you never had a reason to be flamed ever again. But of course not, because the effort into writing something decent is probably too much for you to handle!

Writing is an art, like many others, thay require practice and dedication and EFFORT. Without effort, your writing is stuck in the same level as you started. Without criticism, harsh or constructive, you don't know to improve.

So what's missing? Certainly not criticism, you certainly pointed it out, so what is it? Judging from the number of reviews you got, you mostly received pandering reviews that offered nothing but praises for an overused plot element that you didn't even bother trying to make unique!

EFFORT. PATIENCE. CREATIVITY.

These are the traits that you so clearly lack! Sure, later chapters MIGHT be better written, bit the fact that you couldn't spare even one iota of that so-called improved writing to rewrite the first chapters speaks volumes of how much your writing actually improved, which is: not much.

So have a good day, sir, and i expect you to scoff and snort and downplay all that i've said because there were literally hundreds of reviews stating 'omg l lerv dis' for your story.

P.S. You invited flames, so flames are what you get. GROW UP.
What's it to yah chapter 1 . 8/14/2015
I read a review by Agato - The Hadou
Inari. He said something about forgiveness and Canon. I hate the forgive the leaf shit, so I ain't even gonna start. why did I right this review?. oh yeah, I'm bored and can't find a good dark Naruto story.
Reaper4991 chapter 4 . 4/24/2015
Nice joke with 'walking on air' bit. Pairings decided?
Will anyone leave konoha to join Naruto?
Reaper4991 chapter 3 . 4/24/2015
Not the best fight scene, but not the worst either. Still not finding grammar errors.
Reaper4991 chapter 2 . 4/24/2015
Seriously, what grammar mistakes?
Reaper4991 chapter 1 . 4/24/2015
There are grammar problems here?