Reviews for Catching A Steward Off His Guard
Feafea chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Definitely a great fic to read for a 5min break at work! Like you, I loved that scene in the movies. Thanks for sharing! Now back to work..!
Maethril the Outlaw chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Hello, Nieriel. I wonder if you recall me from a few weeks ago when you contacted me via email from the LOTR Fanfiction site? After many weeks, I have finally devised a plan that will allow me to review all your stories in a few months.

Firstly, I would like to start off by saying that I really liked how you played with Faramir's and Aragorn's characters in this story. I don't think there are enough bookverse stories which portray their characters in anything more than a serious, dignified light. It was nice to see this change.

I personally love Eowyn's character. However, I've rarely speculated about the lifestyle she would have led in her time in Gondor. You've shed some light onto this matter, particularly concerning her relationship with Arwen. I always saw their interaction as being somewhat strained because of the love Eowyn previously held for Aragorn. I can see that you've deciphered this in a completely different way (not that I mind that). I would love to see a short story or one shot in future depicting their first few meetings, and maybe discussing how they warmed up to each other.

-Maethril
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
yeah, i definitely agree with your take on the sneak up episode. anyway, cute story!
lotrelves chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Funny. I really do enjoy your stories. :)
Mirime93 chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Lol! I love this story! Aww...tee hee, how evil of Legolas to teach Eowyn to sneak up on her husband...(Go LEGOLAS! xD)Haven't been reading for AGES (*cries* I hate homework) but this was definitely worth the time! D. Look forward to reading the rest of your stories!

Ps. Do you know how to disable cookies? Newly installed internet explorer won't let me sign on S
Anearin chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
hahahahahahahahahahaha oh how embarrassing the poor ranger. Outdone by a lady, well all I have to say is that its a good thing that the lady happens to be his wife!1

Anea
Wimsey1 chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
What I like about this series is you capture perfectly the spirit of ease these characters would have with one another. Especially after what they have gone through together. Men and women who fight together create bonds unlike any other found in a simple friendship.
AspenJules chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
This was a lot of fun! I especially liked this part:

“Eowyn had an almost unreadable expression on her face, though the very perceptive caught the slight twitches of her lips in an upwards direction. The White Lady walked demurely over to her husband and reached out a hand. She lifted Faramir’s jaw, returning it to its proper place, then kissed him sweetly on the cheek. Turning she walked away and did not once look back for fear of completely losing her composure.”

I love that she is having to work so hard to keep from giggling – it just would ruin the moment, but it would be so difficult not to laugh. At least they made it to the balcony!

And I do imagine Arwen is going to hear about sharing Aragorn’s embarrassment with Éowyn, but it’s nice to see the two ‘foreign’ brides finding friendship and companionship together. They both need it, and could only benefit from it.

Lastly, I completely agree with you on Arwen’s replacement of Glorfindel in the movie, and being able to sneak up on him out in the Wild. I think your take on it is much more realistic. Great job – I enjoyed the glimpse of their future relationships.
Imaginigma chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
ROTFL That was brilliant!
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
I really liked this! :) Had me laughing
Selene Aduial chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
well they will never say they can't be caught again that's for sure :D
steelelf chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
LOL! Yeah- I don't think Faramir will be nabbed again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!

good job! It could use a tweak here and there, (so could my work, I know) but all in all good!
maat's feather chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
You wrote it! Very cute. Oh, Faramir, did you really think a shieldmaiden would give up so easily? He and Aragorn certainly got what they deserved :)
IwishSan chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
Hmm ... looks like both Legolas and Arwen had taught Eowyn on how to sneak up against Faramir.

It also seems Aragorn had dropped all his guard ... Haha ...

Poor Aragorn and Faramir. Defeated in a way by their wives.
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
Faramir, my friend, never, ever, compare your wife to an oliphaunt!

I think it is going to take a long time before Faramir lives this incident down.

Clever story.