Reviews for Black Eyes
guest chapter 10 . 10/7
Wonderful ! I liked Lothiriel's character. Strong-minded, stubborn, clever but she did have an innocence. She hadn't realised she was falling for him, despite her father and Amrothos' cryptic words. Her constant battle of wits and quotations of war with Eomer were fantastic. I even liked her favourite aunt. She had a small but important role which helped the romance to start, although that wasn't her intention.
pineapple-pancake chapter 10 . 3/3
Thank you very much for publishing this story.
I love it!
All the references to warfare were very interesting and suitable in a hilarious way.
The accident that made this couple end in a desert island was very creative and appropriate for the circumstances of the characters and geography. It really feels like it could have happened.
All the story has a lot of cohesion and make sense in the LOTR universe.
The romance was lovely, rushed (lots of passion there 1313), while cute and innocent.
I love your strong female characters. Even the aunt, which is outdated (for today's culture), but a force to be reckon nonetheless.
miriel's granddaughter chapter 10 . 3/25/2017
I was liking this until the last chapter, which just didn't sit right. Looking back over the last couple of chapters I think it is that before she was against marrying him when she'd only known him a day, even once they decided they actually quite liked each other. Over the winter, despite the trade being organised between them, there seems to be little personal contact, so they still really have only a couple of days knowing each other (plus some knowledge of each others' abilities and such from over the winter). It the marriage were being treated essentially as a business arrangement and partnership as much a romantic pairing that would be sufficient know you get along well enough and they are capable, but the way it feels like it is being treated I think is a bit too far towards the romantic for the contact they have had and Lothiriel's character. Either letters over the winter or changing the attitude and understanding they are going into being engaged with would help with this issue.
ladyand chapter 10 . 12/10/2016
I love how clever you made Lothíriel. She was stubborn, independent and fun. A very well rounded and I could easily see her married to the Eomer.
ladyand chapter 2 . 12/10/2016
So far this story is really humorous and I am enjoying Lothíriel's actions.
EStrunk chapter 10 . 7/18/2016
Very fun. As soon as he thought that he'd allow himself one chaste kiss I knew that wasn't going to be all. The bit with the pigs was fun. What happened to them, I wonder?
EStrunk chapter 9 . 7/18/2016
Go Eomer! So happy they are going to have a real courtship. I loved practical planning Lothiriel, esp. because Eomer didn't know what hit him.
EStrunk chapter 8 . 7/18/2016
I always love Amrothos, but here he was particularly wonderful.
EStrunk chapter 7 . 7/18/2016
I enjoyed Eomer and Aunt Ivriniel's spat. Lothiriel's line about the proper thing to do would be to drown was classic. I'm wondering what Lothiriel is thinking now.
EStrunk chapter 6 . 7/18/2016
My favorite line was when she wasn't sure if the praise was directed at her or Firefoot. The joking about Lothiriel's haughty look was fun. Has she thought through why she chased off the other lady?
EStrunk chapter 5 . 7/18/2016
When she said she pictured him as Lord Denethor I decided to forgive her behavior. Yuck. Rohan's need of her dowry broke my heart. It also suggests that her tactic of introducing him to pretty ladies probably won't work since none of them will have as much dowry as she does. She missed a vital fact in her preparation.
EStrunk chapter 4 . 7/18/2016
Wonderful when she quoted the "Art of War" at him. When I first read the title I wondered if they would give each other black eyes, but then I saw that Lothiriel had black eyes and I thought that was it. Very entertaining to seethe black eye show up again. Does Eomer swim? He must if he saved her, but when and how would he have learned?
EStrunk chapter 3 . 7/18/2016
Lots of unexpected things here. I'm assuming she doesn't drown since there are 7 more chapters left (and that would be too grim). Love the idea of Lothiriel saving Eomer.
EStrunk chapter 2 . 7/18/2016
Wow - she is brutal. I wanted to slap her for the line about petting the horse, but riding ponies! Her aunt cracked me up.
EStrunk chapter 1 . 7/18/2016
I love the image of Lothiriel in a bright pink dress among a sea of green. Her attack mode is scary. Is any of this going to be from Eomer's POV?