Reviews for Black Eyes
Deandra chapter 10 . 7/21/2006
Sigh! So romantically delightful. Wondeful conclusion. Can't wait for your next scenario. This was a fine pick-me-up to a rather annoying day.

One thing though: "the ladies here in Gondor chewed to freshen their breath" - "here in Gondor"? They are in Rohan... Maybe you will want to drop "here" out of the sentence.

- Deandra
eyes of sky chapter 10 . 7/21/2006
a seasoned campaigner.. what a contrast with the outside image, and what an apt description!

however, i would love to see the aunt ivriniel dress at some later date.. oh the wealth of images!

a very different style of chapter this time, less humour and more depth of feeling i suppose, finally the time when they both have to come to terms with what is going on. reminded me of pride and prejudice though, the fragmented conversations (the original tv series).

but altogether a very smile-inducing ending, although i don't know how i will cope until the next story! what shall i do?

x sky x
A Vermilion Memory chapter 9 . 7/18/2006
*sigh*

that was a wonderful chapter.

they have finally grown on me.

she is very intelligent.

i was surprised that she came up with that whole plan on her own.

i can't wait for more!

-Vermilion
Finduilas88 chapter 9 . 7/17/2006
Very enjoyable story! Like your 'Falcons and Mumakil", which I read and also enjoyed very much, the characters are well-drawn, the dialog is snappy, and the story is well-paced. And I do like the conceit of Lothiriel using her war strategy knowledge against Eomer, though I suspect it will avail her little in the end.

However, one part of the story just didn't ring true to me. In Chapter 8, I thought Lothiriel's lady-in-waiting was just too impertinent and rude with Eomer. He may be a barbarian, but he *is* a king, and a lady-in-waiting is in no position to demand assurances when told to leave. Lothiriel's family can get away behaving like that, but I don't think Lady Idril could or should.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
SusannahMio chapter 9 . 7/17/2006
FINALLY! They kissed!
Narnian Sprite chapter 9 . 7/16/2006
This was great! I really was surprised by the kiss, and that's a good thing! Please update again soon, I look forward to it greatly!
Elwen of Lorien chapter 9 . 7/15/2006
Aw. Wonderful. But when Lothiriel tells Eomer about going to Minas Tirith in March, Eomer talks of getting an invitation from Aragorn, and the next line is "My father?" Is there something missing or is it a typo? It is confusing me.

Also, is Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War' an actual book, or is it a story? Curious. Elwen.
Sarahbarr17 chapter 9 . 7/15/2006
Great chapter - beautifully written.

Lothy is a clever lass, isn't she? Unfortunately all her inteligence and extensive education won't help her when it comes to a certain smooth-talking man of Rohan...

Hugs,

Sarah x
Nemea chapter 9 . 7/15/2006
Jeah! Juchuh! Jippieh!

They did it! Finally! I wated for this so long. And I loved it. It was so good, fitted them so well. Great!

Now I put all my hopes into spring and the celebration...

Viele liebe Grüße,

Nemea
lady scribe of avandell chapter 9 . 7/14/2006
This had best not be the end. There should at least be a couple more chapters that take place in the spring. Or better yet, an entire second story! After all, she can't just melt into his arms... Okay, well, I suppose she can, but it just wouldn't be quite right if she went without a fuss. Or at least without a little more sarcasm and wit. Wit is good.

If you can't tell, I truly enjoyed this chapter. It was absolutely marvelous and I can't wait for the next one!
Verity Kindle chapter 9 . 7/14/2006
Hee. sque. Eomer. sigh.
wondereye chapter 9 . 7/14/2006
loved the chapter.

looking forward to the next
ElvislivesAgain chapter 9 . 7/14/2006
Oh Lia that was wonderful, I do hope to see another from you before I go on vacation next weekend as I will not nave internet access during my stay at the beach. My entire family is going to Hampton Beach in NH for a week I simply cannot wait. It's mostly nostalgia that keeps me going there I cant go there and not have a good time. I love the beach. I love everything about it. Anyway enough about my long overdue vacation Great story and I hope to see more from you soo.

~Jen