Reviews for Black Eyes
Frigg chapter 2 . 5/28/2006
Hm, interesting indeed ... Ivriniel is some lady, but of course Éomer is not one to back down from a challenge ... and by the way, Lothíriel is likely to become one, too.

Love, Frigg
Tuima chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
Hah! Brilliant. A wonderfully conniving version of our beloved princess... I loved it!
ccjj chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
Oh I love this fanfic plz update
Maddy051280 chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
Hi Lia,

I'm wondering about the title. Does it have anything to do with this widely announced, ominous sea creature?

Or do we have to expect some sort of boxing match and Lothíriel and/or Éomer ending up with one/both eyes blackened? That would be definitely a brand new take of their relationship.

So, don't let us wait too long for the continuation.

Best wishes from the beautiful Mediterranean Island of Mallorca,

- Maddy
ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
Lady Idril looked close to fainting and sat down heavily on the bed, startling Lothiriel’s dog that had been dozing there. The great deerhound stretched and gave a huge yawn, regarding its mistress sleepily. Lothiriel thought wryly that the dog with its long slender legs, dainty ears and gracefully curved tail was now the most elegant being in the room. Was she just imagining the surprise in Anca’s eyes?

uhh...ew! very unmatching, but then, who cares? especially if she's trying to drive him away..*grins*

The transformation was remarkable, warming his eyes and making him seem years younger. He clapped Imrahil in an embrace, obviously pleased to see him, and Lothiriel wondered if she had imagined things, being so much on edge herself. Her father returned the embrace warmly and then turned to her.

Maybe he was reminded about it when talking to her brothers..

Easy to do, she thought, when it wasn’t his future at stake.

to true, but it's still funny anyway..

She was a warrior’s daughter, she would at least go down fighting.

Yea, atleast she would do that. and I don't think I can find the sponge/dead sea creature, anyway, awesome start, keep on writing!

Liana
eyes of sky chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
of course she definitely should have worn green, this way she is only making herself stand out! how ironic. typical lothi. but i don't know about the sea creature, unless it's anca... or it could be a vague reference to the women who looked like a sea of green? you're very sneaky, and that question is going to haunt me forever now! i am on tenterhooks to see her next strategy..attack or retreat?
wondereye chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
great start. I can almost see the hate and loathing

in her stance to him. I hope Eomer gets the plot quick.
Willow-41z chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
This looks interesting. Poor Lothiriel only has twenty-four hours?

I like your characterizations of Eomer and Lothiriel; they're subtly different enough from those in "Falcons and Mumakil" that they stand out as memorable. This ought to be interesting... waiting for the next update!
Tehd00d chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Here we go again! Another immensely promising story!

I'm liking it so far, in case you couldn't tell. Eomer's not tripping over himself like a little schoolboy (yet), and that fact alone comforts me greatly. I really can't stand the stories where he's a bumbling idiot. I picture him to be cool, controlled, very smart, but likeable at the same time. I picture him to be opinionated, but hesitant to express these opinions. Not particularly emotional, but still loving and compassionate for the most part. Above all, though, I picture him to be always on top of things and ever observant.

I also like how this seems to be sticking to Lothiriel's perspective. In your last story about these two, you did an good job portraying the male mind, but I still prefer it when an author of the opposite sex doesn't risk it that much (I certainly wouldn't be disappointed or anything if a chapter or two is told from his perspective, though). About 7/10 authors on this site miss the male mind by a mile or two (you're not one of them, though). I think one of the primary things they miss is in thinking that men think of women the same way women think of men.

I really picture Eomer's view of Lothiriel as this: "I liked her. I liked her a lot. Then one day, it just dawned on me that I loved her." (Words of Jimmy Stewart in the movie Shennandoah). There's no passionate love affair, no unhealthy obsession, just respect and affection that eventually turns into real love.

Anyway, I have virtually no critique regarding this first chapter! EXCELLENT stuff! Keep it up...
LOCISVU chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
I'm liking doesn't bow down to an arranged marriage.
Amandalie chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
hello lia,

it's great to have u back. you have wonderful timing, today was the last day of school (happy dance, summer is here)and this was a welcome treat.

i can clearly picture lothiriel in that dress and the scarf, nice imagery. i like how she invited all the tempting and conniving women to distract eomer; she is one determined princess. waiting for more. -Amanda

P.S i too give up on spot the sea creature, is it dead? i am very curious ,u are getting very tricky lia
Tracey chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
With seven reviewers ahead of me, I doubt I would've had much chance on the sea creature thing, so I didn't bother to go back looking.

You have no idea how much I can relate to Lothiriel right now. I might not be promised to some frighteninly strong bloke I don't know, but I have an 'admirer' who's had me questioning what to wear the past two Sundays before leaving for church. What can I possibly wear that's not too nice or eye-catching but that still passes for 'normal'? And I all but ran to the ladies room after Sunday School just so I wouldn't have to put up with him him cornering me. *sigh* (I wish someone would just clue him in that I'm not interested.)

But yeah, can you let Lothiriel know I'm rooting for her (on one hand)? And can you also let Eomer know that he'd better MAKE himself worth her time?

Thanks. ;)
LadyReader chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Well you’ve already hooked my interest, more and soon please!
Ali64 chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Okay, the dead sea creature? Did Lothy name her dog after some sort of sea creature? Sponge or loofah :-) Go on, put me out of my misery and let me 's been driving me mad all day ;D

Ali.
SusannahMio chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
I like it. But how long will she be able to resist Eomer's, er, charms, yeah lets call them charms? :)
276 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 Next »