Reviews for Black Eyes
dragonfly chapter 3 . 6/2/2006
Oh, how I wish you would post faster! Am really enjoying this fic. And now this cliffie with Lothiriel being tossed about in the water, and Eomer not knowing much about the sea and what to do.
lady scribe of avandell chapter 3 . 6/2/2006
Drat you. What a cliffie! And the day before I leave, so it's likely I won't get to read the next chapter until after I get back! You best not have killed the dog. I don't think I could forgive you for that.

All-in-all, this was a good chapter. I love the urgency behind Lothiriel's actions and the seething anger from Eomer. I do want to know what his thoughts are on this whole arranged-marriage business, though. Perhaps while they're stuck on that little island for a few hours, they can have a little chat. I think they're in need of one.

Sere mi Eru...LSoA
Lady Bluejay chapter 3 . 6/2/2006
Ok,so now I know why your beta was so mad for an update! I don't care what you do- but don't you dare let the dog die! Seriously, Lia,I think you were inspired by this one and Maddy is right - you must have a secret sea yearning from living in a land locked country!LBJ
ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 3 . 6/2/2006
“He asked who exercised her. As if you’d let anybody else ride her!”

“Did you tell him that?”

Her secert is out now..but that's very very bad for her..

“It was a stupid plan anyway,” she muttered in disgust and Anca wagged her tail as if agreeing with her.

Yea it kinda was..but still, it was pretty good, but not as foolproof as she thought..

She never after knew how she made it down that treacherous path all in one piece.

wow, she's very brave..I might have done that, but I'd be sore afraid..

“Surely yes!” she snapped back and her heart sank when she saw how far they still had to go.

Even I know about the tide, I don't even live near a beach! But then again, I used to libe near a beach so, I can't blame him for not knowing..

What a stupid way to die so close to safety, was her last thought before darkness claimed her.

Yea, that's kinda true..anyway..great chapter, keep up the awesome work!

Liana
dferveiro chapter 3 . 6/2/2006
What a charming story! I love Lothiriel's antics. You have a very fluid style, and it's engrossing to read. Thanks for writing, and I look forward to more!
Bluebird757 chapter 2 . 5/31/2006
good i like it
MarlinFan chapter 2 . 5/30/2006
Brilliant! I love it! Though hopefully Lothiriel won't break her role too soon; the comedy of it is too great.
Amandalie chapter 2 . 5/30/2006
He sent her a horse as a gift ...aw..

Hi lia,

I can't help feeling sorry for lohtiriel despite her actions towards eomer, it seems like she realy does feel bad. and eomer is just soo him , he doesn't back down even when lothiriel says she rides only ponies( that had me laughing). i loved aunt ivriniel, looking forward to more of write the "reluctant-plotting to scare off husband" bride charcater really well, it sounds cheesy usually but I am thoroughly enjoying this fic.

Yup, i do have holidays now, and i have rediscovered sleeping. anyways thanks for replying to my reviews. waiting for another lovely chappie. Amanda
Tracey chapter 2 . 5/30/2006
Ouch. Despite my aforementioned sympathy for Lothiriel (you remember the guy I mentioned...), I have to say I'm beginning to feel quite sorry for Eomer. Poor guy... What would I give to know his exact thoughts?

“Faramir has told me that you have already shown considerable interest in the history and customs of the Mark.”

Ha ha ha ha...traitor. ;)

This is turning into one of those stories (usually in movie form for me) where I can't help but cringe every minute or so. It's so funny, but it's also so painful!
quizzabella chapter 2 . 5/30/2006
Oh Lothiriel *resists the urge to shake her* so wonderfully devious. The bit about preferring to ride ponies made me laugh - of all the things you could say to a man of Rohan, that is bound to cause offence! Looking forward to more :)
cookie chapter 2 . 5/29/2006
I have to say this has got to be one of the best Eomer/Lothiriel I've ever read.. and I've read a LOT. :)

I love this new approach to their courtship. This story actually portrays Lothiriel as a girl who knows how to wield her "girl power" ;)I love clever heroines.
Elwen of Lorien chapter 2 . 5/29/2006
I think she succeded in her role. I think that somehow Imrahil will speak with Eomer and tell him of what is going on in his daughters head. It would help. Elwen.
ladyreader chapter 2 . 5/29/2006
That was absolutely fabulous, I can’t wait to see how you go from this, to them being head over heels in love with each other! Loving both the characterization of Eomer, and our wonderful spirited Lothiriel. Update soon pretty please.
Tehd00d chapter 2 . 5/28/2006
Another terrific chapter... loving it! Lothiriel's attempts make her quite loveable, as do Eomer's continuing efforts. However, for some odd reason, I find myself wishing this would be the end of it for these two and they would both find someone else. Gotta love those alternate endings. I figure that's not the direction you're heading in here, though, but it's all good.

Can't wait for more.
Deandra chapter 2 . 5/28/2006
This is truly wonderful, but I do feel so sorry for dear Eomer! He's being so earnest and sincere with her and she's throwing it back in his face. Can't wait to see how you resolve this and get them together. After all her insults, I'm not sure he'll find it a simple matter to just laugh it off as a big joke when she changes her mind.

Between you and Maddy writing such intriguing Aunt Ivriniel's, I may just have to put some effort in and add her to my storylines also. She's a hoot!

- Deandra