Reviews for Black Eyes
shine lots chapter 5 . 3/11/2012
Something I didn't notice before, and which I think is cool, is that many of the quotes seem to be from the last two generations of Gondor's captains - Ecthelion, Throngil etc. I think it shows the close knit upper classes of Gondorian society and also shows the state of the printing press in Gondor at this time. How cool!

And then Eomer coins a particular phrase and says it's by Eomer Eomundsson. Lol!
shine lots chapter 4 . 3/11/2012
I like how you make Eomer and Lothiriel cease hostilities through compulsion to behave politely. I just really, really like that idea. So much. 3 it!

And then, once they've started talking, they begin to interest each other. And the relationship grows form there. Aww. how great!
shine lots chapter 3 . 3/11/2012
I love how you have a great vocabulary and use elaborate words. You choose appropriate words which make your points clear and interesting to read. 3 it!
shine lots chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
This is amazing and hilarious. I like how you characterise Imrahil through his dialogue. He seems astute, and his intentions at all points are consistent with his words. You do this for all main characters really - Lothiriel, Amrothos, Eomer. I like it!
Duchess of Blueberries chapter 10 . 2/9/2012
This story was freaking fantastic! I love your stories! :D
Glory Bee chapter 10 . 10/31/2011
Gosh Lia I cannot believe I did not review this when I read it the first time. Sorry about that. I loved this just as much as I did the first time. Your dialogue is always brilliant and I smiled often throughout their journey to falling in love. :)
Aria Deloncray chapter 10 . 9/21/2011
I first read this years ago and it's still easily my favorite E/L fic. A beautiful and funny love story.
littlemsstrawberry chapter 10 . 9/15/2011
LOVE IT! gosh i read two of your stories in one day
shine lots chapter 2 . 8/3/2011
"That is … I like to pet her," she explained, "She's rather big."

"Pet her!" It looked like she had recovered all her lost ground in one fell swoop.

Hahahaha. OMG. So hilarious!

And your English is amazing! As it is not your native, I find such turn of phrase worth admiring: "she added in an aside to him". How well you speak english.
Kiiimberly chapter 9 . 4/10/2011
Awww :)
Kiiimberly chapter 8 . 4/10/2011
FINALLY. FF stopped being stupid again. I just wanted to say that I'm enjoying this story A LOT. It's hilarious and I love her battle strategies. I love how well you depict Lothiriel in every story, her different personalities just seem perfect :)
Grencle chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
I've read most of your stories and I must say I really love them all! Your plot's always original and the characters you portray completely believable and well... real:-) thanks a lot for this fantastic story it made me laugh and simply made my day a lot better.
Lania26 chapter 10 . 11/11/2010
I have now read almost all of your stories and I have enjoyed them so much! This is one of my favorites because of the fiesty way that Lothiriel is portrayed. I like that she has such a big personality. I also really like how sweet Eomer is, but how he still remains very manly and king-like. Very, very good. Will you be writing any more fics in the future?
Sic Vita Est chapter 10 . 10/9/2010
Yet another amazing story. I love how Lorthiriel approached the whole marriage situation like a battle while Eomer had no idea that he was in one. :) I also love how not only was there humor but you also portrayed Lorthiriel as being intelligent and capable of running a large operation that spanned the country. She may be young but she is formidable. Again, great story! So I am now off to read what else you have written.
Lady Krystalyn chapter 10 . 10/6/2010
Another great story! Not my favorite out of your other Eomer/Lothiriel works, but definitely enjoyable! Not sure if it was the 'shorter' length (and thus faster development) or the way in which Imrahil being right about them being suited made her somehow in the wrong for balking originally and the implied (at least to me) agreement between Eomer and Imrahil to just give her time to get over her pride. Not a critique! It probably just irked MY pride ;) I'm very into the "its the principle of the thing" type of mentality and just because someone turns out to be right doesn't make cutting the actual person it concerns out of the decision ok. Though maybe the fact that it was a man and her father doing it just irked my feminist sensibilities as it felt like the kind of thing that would be used in an argument in favor of them knowing best lol Which is funny cause I'm not an over the top feminist person. But like I said, not a critique of your writing or characterizations! Or saying that what I just said is your opinion or implication! Just a personal reaction :) Probably wholly unjustified and it IS my pride talking ;) It tends to cause issues every once in a while lol Whatever the case, I still completely enjoyed the story and it was very amusing! Poor Eomer at their first meeting, he was trying SO hard not to give up despite her best efforts! My favorite part was probably while they were stuck on the little island though, and I definitely didn't expect her to fall asleep and wake up cuddled with him! And once again I have totally rambled in response to one of your stories. You seem to bring out the reviewer in me, usually my reviews are MUCH shorter. I swear I'm not always like this! But last time, great story and its definitely still going in my favorites! :)
279 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »