Reviews for Black Eyes
Grencle chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
I've read most of your stories and I must say I really love them all! Your plot's always original and the characters you portray completely believable and well... real:-) thanks a lot for this fantastic story it made me laugh and simply made my day a lot better.
Lania26 chapter 10 . 11/11/2010
I have now read almost all of your stories and I have enjoyed them so much! This is one of my favorites because of the fiesty way that Lothiriel is portrayed. I like that she has such a big personality. I also really like how sweet Eomer is, but how he still remains very manly and king-like. Very, very good. Will you be writing any more fics in the future?
Sic Vita Est chapter 10 . 10/9/2010
Yet another amazing story. I love how Lorthiriel approached the whole marriage situation like a battle while Eomer had no idea that he was in one. :) I also love how not only was there humor but you also portrayed Lorthiriel as being intelligent and capable of running a large operation that spanned the country. She may be young but she is formidable. Again, great story! So I am now off to read what else you have written.
Lady Krystalyn chapter 10 . 10/6/2010
Another great story! Not my favorite out of your other Eomer/Lothiriel works, but definitely enjoyable! Not sure if it was the 'shorter' length (and thus faster development) or the way in which Imrahil being right about them being suited made her somehow in the wrong for balking originally and the implied (at least to me) agreement between Eomer and Imrahil to just give her time to get over her pride. Not a critique! It probably just irked MY pride ;) I'm very into the "its the principle of the thing" type of mentality and just because someone turns out to be right doesn't make cutting the actual person it concerns out of the decision ok. Though maybe the fact that it was a man and her father doing it just irked my feminist sensibilities as it felt like the kind of thing that would be used in an argument in favor of them knowing best lol Which is funny cause I'm not an over the top feminist person. But like I said, not a critique of your writing or characterizations! Or saying that what I just said is your opinion or implication! Just a personal reaction :) Probably wholly unjustified and it IS my pride talking ;) It tends to cause issues every once in a while lol Whatever the case, I still completely enjoyed the story and it was very amusing! Poor Eomer at their first meeting, he was trying SO hard not to give up despite her best efforts! My favorite part was probably while they were stuck on the little island though, and I definitely didn't expect her to fall asleep and wake up cuddled with him! And once again I have totally rambled in response to one of your stories. You seem to bring out the reviewer in me, usually my reviews are MUCH shorter. I swear I'm not always like this! But last time, great story and its definitely still going in my favorites! :)
Ace chapter 3 . 9/20/2010
I just realised that I've probably read this story before, it seems quite familiar... But I can't remember, if it's true and if I left a review then... So.. Don't mind me if a already did :s I stumbled upon this story today, and I liked it so I will read it again! :p

Excuse me for talking (well writing) so much...

In short: I like it! :)
Ace chapter 2 . 9/20/2010
I just don't know what to say, but I felt compelled to let you know i really like this story so far! It's just hilarious :-)

I love the way she tries to put him off (and succeed? :p I shall see...)

Desertfyre chapter 10 . 8/15/2010
Beautiful story! Enjoyed it! D
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 10 . 8/13/2010
You have talent for writing funny romance! Amrothos really nailed it, when he said Lothiriel should know what she's fighting for.

And with her efforts to send food to Rohan, she's bound to be well liked over there.

Thanks for your answer to my review yesterday!
AncientAmrei chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
You know what one of the very best things in this story is?

The quotes from the books on war Lothiriel read at the beginning of every chapter.

I loved the way she thought of a plan to scare Eomer away and at least in my opinion her reaction is sort od understandable, since it really is quite a shock to be expected to marry someone one has never met before, even though it'd have been common practice in her time.

To bad that she had to admit to lying when she saved Eomer... Well or maybe not, since it did turn out for the best in teh end.

I think you portryed both Lothiriels tactic and Eomers reactions to it quite believable and it was really impressive how you managed to get them on good terms after giving them such a bad start.

That was by the way my favourite scene: Eomer acusing her of trapping him into a marriage and her shouting at him that that was the very last thing she wanted, before confessings the reason of her actions.

Once again a great story (and I'm aware that I already said more or less exactly the same thing in my last two revies, but I can't help it, it's the truth -)
Ragnell chapter 10 . 1/19/2010
What an admirable relationship.
HideSeekKeep chapter 10 . 1/1/2010
What a fantastic story! You created such a nice dynamic between Eomer and Lothiriel and the situation you put them in on the island was incredibly amusing to read. I particularly appreciate that you didn't go the cliche route but opted to have them wait until they met again in Minas Tirith to decide where things would go. I think I would have lost respect for Lothiriel if she had completely changed her mind after their little adventure together and suddenly decided that she wanted to get married to Eomer after all. Instead, it was a very realistic and satisfying conclusion for the two of them, and I loved that their relationship ended up being founded on more than just humor and longing but also the way they were able to work together to aid Rohan. (But I must admit that that parting kiss in Chapter 9 was pretty electric!)

I am looking forward to reading your other stories! I think you are fantastic writer and storyteller, and I can't wait to see your other takes on the Eomer/Lothiriel love story. Keep up the great work!
LOTRRanger chapter 10 . 12/30/2009
Lothíriel really is brilliant. :) I confess that I would have done the same thing as she were I in her position and think about the reprocutions of annoying Eomer later. And the ending is most satisfactory. :D

RedCinders chapter 10 . 8/12/2009
EXCELLENT. Super sweet and your characterizations were great!
TheFightingTemeraire chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
OMG, wow. Lothiriel sure has some kinda personality. *lol* I like it. *reads on*
Mariagoner chapter 10 . 6/15/2009
This was adorable, fantastically written... and I absolutely loved Lothlorien's enchanting, bright, high-minded spirit! You make it very easy to understand why Eomer couldn't resist her. Terrific job wit hall of this.
283 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »