Reviews for Black Eyes
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 10 . 8/13/2010
You have talent for writing funny romance! Amrothos really nailed it, when he said Lothiriel should know what she's fighting for.

And with her efforts to send food to Rohan, she's bound to be well liked over there.

Thanks for your answer to my review yesterday!
Amrei chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
You know what one of the very best things in this story is?

The quotes from the books on war Lothiriel read at the beginning of every chapter.

I loved the way she thought of a plan to scare Eomer away and at least in my opinion her reaction is sort od understandable, since it really is quite a shock to be expected to marry someone one has never met before, even though it'd have been common practice in her time.

To bad that she had to admit to lying when she saved Eomer... Well or maybe not, since it did turn out for the best in teh end.

I think you portryed both Lothiriels tactic and Eomers reactions to it quite believable and it was really impressive how you managed to get them on good terms after giving them such a bad start.

That was by the way my favourite scene: Eomer acusing her of trapping him into a marriage and her shouting at him that that was the very last thing she wanted, before confessings the reason of her actions.

Once again a great story (and I'm aware that I already said more or less exactly the same thing in my last two revies, but I can't help it, it's the truth -)
Ragnell chapter 10 . 1/19/2010
What an admirable relationship.
HideSeekKeep chapter 10 . 1/1/2010
What a fantastic story! You created such a nice dynamic between Eomer and Lothiriel and the situation you put them in on the island was incredibly amusing to read. I particularly appreciate that you didn't go the cliche route but opted to have them wait until they met again in Minas Tirith to decide where things would go. I think I would have lost respect for Lothiriel if she had completely changed her mind after their little adventure together and suddenly decided that she wanted to get married to Eomer after all. Instead, it was a very realistic and satisfying conclusion for the two of them, and I loved that their relationship ended up being founded on more than just humor and longing but also the way they were able to work together to aid Rohan. (But I must admit that that parting kiss in Chapter 9 was pretty electric!)

I am looking forward to reading your other stories! I think you are fantastic writer and storyteller, and I can't wait to see your other takes on the Eomer/Lothiriel love story. Keep up the great work!
LOTRRanger chapter 10 . 12/30/2009
Lothíriel really is brilliant. :) I confess that I would have done the same thing as she were I in her position and think about the reprocutions of annoying Eomer later. And the ending is most satisfactory. :D

Ranger
RedCinders chapter 10 . 8/12/2009
EXCELLENT. Super sweet and your characterizations were great!
TheFightingTemeraire chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
OMG, wow. Lothiriel sure has some kinda personality. *lol* I like it. *reads on*
Mariagoner chapter 10 . 6/15/2009
This was adorable, fantastically written... and I absolutely loved Lothlorien's enchanting, bright, high-minded spirit! You make it very easy to understand why Eomer couldn't resist her. Terrific job wit hall of this.
Virtuella chapter 10 . 11/27/2008
Now I definitely know you take your cues from Jane Austen! Lovely story, and now I only want another...
Virtuella chapter 9 . 11/27/2008
“What if I choose to take it personally?”

Oh, that sent a shiver down my spine. So much passion... Only one chapter to go, sniffle...
Virtuella chapter 8 . 11/27/2008
The conversation with the brother is a clever method of bringing out her change of mind.
Virtuella chapter 7 . 11/27/2008
"That man was urgently in need of a firm set-down."

Yay, and he's so not going to get it from her...

Why am I constantly reminded of Darcy and Elizabeth?
Virtuella chapter 6 . 11/27/2008
It's all lovely, especially the reference to hobbits.
Virtuella chapter 5 . 11/27/2008
This seems to be a recurring motif in all your stories and rightly so: Feeling safe with a man and being able to laugh with him must be two of the most potent aphrodisiacs of all.
Virtuella chapter 4 . 11/27/2008
Denethor and the pink dress - the mind boggles indeed!
276 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »