Reviews for Secrets from the Past
lynn138 chapter 13 . 1/23/2007
wow, I just read this story for the first time, and it's TOTALLY awesome! Please please update soon!
4evrphantom247 chapter 13 . 1/7/2007
I love this story!
Santa chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
The Sleep Warrior chapter 13 . 12/11/2006
Hehe! *singsong!* Vladdy has a caat, Vladdy has a caat! :D hehe, that was amazing. Not just the cat part, either. Once again you have gone A and B the C of D. :D Yay! I absolutely love it that we know who it is now. :) Woot! Keep up the great work, I can't wait for the next chapter! :D

Erratta chapter 13 . 12/6/2006
Okay! See, told you, I get bored and emails start glaring and good things happen for my friends... D

I like Jacob in this chapter, and his interaction with Tucker. Those theories actually make sense a little, sort of, maybe... Someday he's going to have a theory that actually works, and probably have it completely ignored because everyone's used to the crackpot ones. And the flirty joking between Danny and Sam is cute, and a beautiful little piece of dialogue!

There's something funny about "...Kimberly on realizing that throughout her whole life she’d been adopted." Reading that makes me feel like she's be adopted again and again without knowing it. At least, that's what I'm getting after a week or so of lectures on linguistic portrayals of time... ;

You have Vlad absolutely, brilliantly in character throughout this whole thing. D I don't blame you for getting carried away with him (think it slowed things down a little though). And all the riffing between him and Danny was great! I love how Vlad's figured out so much on his own (he'd have to have, he's Vlad, after all) and the way he keeps saying things and throwing off everyone else and being so condescending about everything... Ye! I'd forgotten why I loved him so much! And how he seems happier now, or quieter, since Danny's "gone" and he's "retired." So... great.

Loved the first little about the cat, but think it might have carried on for a little long. I know it's one of the biggest in-jokes in the fandom, along with houses in alternate dimensions and fudge, but I find it kind of cliche to see Vlad have a cat (often Fruit Loop or Maddie). It's nice, it's cute, but it's also overdone.

“Just because I refer to her by her proper gender based pronoun does not mean I like her.” D I think you can appreciate just how much I love that line and the following argument! And of course, Vlad's reaction was spot on... Good on you for pointing out just how odd his and Danny's relationship is, and that it's not just one of animosity. I liked that bit, because it's so true and you articulated it so well. D

I'm surprised that Danny and co. didn't think to ask Vlad to completely decode that letter for them, because I'm sure he could have done it in a blink of an eye. That's probably going to come back and haunt them, isn't it? I remember you saying how many clues they miss in the letters and Vlad's so good at codes... Granted, he does chip in and help out with Manipulator, and the opening paragraphs are just filler (As if. I doubt LotR is there just to satisfy your geek quota), but still...

Manipulator's legend reminds me a few myths I've read, all sort of cobbled together. I think it's an interesting story, sounds like a myth in terms of plot points, and is a good origin for him, but it felt too colloquial in a few places and I'm used to myths being, well, like Silmarillion in their style of language even though that's not how Vlad talks... I'm willing to bet that the older brother goes by Clockwork these days too. D

I like the introduction of the amulet and prophesy. Nice way to extend the plot, just hope it's not too much extension. For some reason this story feels kind of drawn out already, but then again, I'm used to having a lot of action and/or comedy in the stories I read and write, so meh.

Yay! Jazz next! That's going to be fun. Perhaps she'll have info on the prophesy?

“That’s before I found out how fun you are to make fun of in this time frame.” D

A drawing of Manipulator? Sweet! I'll be looking forward to it.

All right, so I've left you a nice, long review. Your turn!

magpie8spook chapter 13 . 12/3/2006
Aww, I loved all the fruit loop references! And the fact that Vlad finally got a cat...I think he should. Anyway, this was a really good chapter, I can't wait till they see Jazz though, aww, she's prolly going to cry. Vlad being nice is weird, but it sort of suits him. May I throw in an "Update Tortured Truth soon" request? Very well then. Kepp up the good work!
Salinedreamsxena chapter 13 . 12/3/2006
I really enjoyed the insults between Danny and Vlad. Very fun. I hope this turns out well for Danny.
sesshyluver chapter 13 . 12/2/2006
Yay! Anyways wow, information all over the place! And yes Vlad got a cat, even if Danny did give it to him, he still loves fruitloop! Another joyous thing Danny gets to see older Jazz that had me jumping up and down with joy! Can't wait until the next chapter! Awsome job by the way, I especially liked the plot twist with Tucker and Sam not being able to help Danny, it reminds me of the actual movies!
JenniferRSong chapter 13 . 11/30/2006
I liked the myth. It's not too cliche, but actually kinda balanced. Loved the chapter. So Vlad got a kitty. (Snickers) Took him long enough. See ya next chapter in whichever's updated next.
dragonflysky chapter 13 . 11/29/2006
Loved it!i've have so been waiting for this chapter!update soon...PLEASE!_
744544 chapter 13 . 11/29/2006
Holy fruit loops, Batman!

Dun dun dun the villain hast beeneth revealed.

(Loved Danny and Vlad making fun of each other)
Mysterious Prophetess chapter 13 . 11/29/2006
You know,

that sort of reminded me the of the legend of Perseus except he had a happier ending. While writing this I just spotted a parallel between DP and the Persues Myth.

Danny is half human

Perseus is half human

They both have some guy with a thing for their mothers...

Just, you know, a weird coinsidence.

A good chapter and a good concept

katiesparks chapter 13 . 11/29/2006
The title of this chapter should be "The fun times of a deraged fruit-loop!"
o0o0oo0 chapter 13 . 11/29/2006
Wow. I really liked that Manipulator legend. Sounds cool. ;)

Great job with this chapter. And now they're going to go visit Jazz! Yay! I can't wait!

Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 13 . 11/29/2006
that was so freaking awesome! i love when vlad pops in things happen that are immensly funny! and now we know who manipulator is! i can't wait for the next chapter!
256 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »